“Loved it”

Ristorante Lanterna Rossa
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed June 5, 2019

We visited the Lanterna Rossa during our stay in Misano while We were racing at the Misano World Circuit in May 2019.
The restaurant is on the beach in Misano ( I mean litterally on the beach) very close to Cattolica and its location has priviledge views over the Adriatic sea. For lunch or early dinner the views are just like looking to a postcard that changes with the light as time passes.
The restaurant is nice and simple. It´s not a fancy looking place where you must dress-up for dinner; it´s a place for enjoying good food and good company but still nice and comfortable.
The service is very professional but with that particular charm and hospitality you would expect in Italy but even more in the Emilia Romagna region.
As soon as We sat on our table everyday We got a welcoming little cup of prosecco that is always a very nice start.
Looking at the menu it´s difficult to choose among all available plates; given all possibilities We decided to try a little of everything.
In our case, everyday We ordered Fritto Misto; a mix of fish, calamary, prawns and vegetables perfectly cooked, slightly crunchy and smooth but in a very tasty way.
Since all ingredients are fresh everyday there are small differences that makes it even more desirable.
If you order Fritto Misto be careful because it´s adictive.
We also ordered different types of fish. To me the best of all are the ones that the cook prepares on a little grill they installed outside in one of the terraces of the restaurant.
Again, everyday you may get different types of fish as the product is so fresh that depends of the captures of the day by the fishermen of the area.
I would as well recommend the pizzas.
Unlike most of pizzas in Europe, the pizzas in Italy are very light, very tasty and unexpensive.
At the Lanterna Rossa they have their own oven to cook pizzas and they are just fantastic; some of the best pizzas I ever had in over 40 countries that I´ve visited.
The balance of taste, quality of the ingredients and even healthy properties makes them almost perfect. I could eat a whole pizza and still feel nice and well fed but not heavy in the stomach or bloated.
I don´t want to forget the pasta dishes. It´s Italy and there is no need to say that pasta is just a whole different level, but again like with the pizzas, the taste is magnificent and feels light and healthy.
Again, one of the best things of the Lanterna Rossa is the service.
I spend literally months every year travelling to different countries and meeting people like this restaurant´s staff is a gift.
Not only everything they recommend is excellent and they guide you through all possible choices, but they do it with a smile and they do it in Italian, English, Spanish and I guess that in other lenguages as well.
I just need to say that We spent four evenings in Misano and all four evenings We had dinner at the Lanterna Rossa and did not consider other options.
I have been more than 20 times in Misano and I know the area pretty well.
The price is more than fair, specially given the general quality of the food served.
A simliar quality food in a northern European country (if you could find it) would easily be twice as costly or more.
I would like to thank from here the Lanterna Rossa staff for their kindness and professionalism with my team and for making our stay in Misano much better.
Grazie mile.

Date of visit: May 2019
Write a reviewReviews (109)

Reviewed May 23, 2019

We were looking for a coffee/beer and found this amazing bar/restaurant. The staff were so friendly and particularly Andras who really made us welcome. We had great drinks and complementary snacks such as pizza, crisps etc.

We loved it so much we have already been back and can thoroughly recommend it.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed July 20, 2018

The food at the Lanterna Rossa was not as good as I had fondly remembered it. A serious negative is the nearby evening children's entertainment which provides hours of loud music of dubious quality (to an adult ear).

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 14, 2015 via mobile

Thank you for your kind words on my behalf and my staff . It was a pleasure meeting you. . And on making your vacation pleasant!

Date of visit: July 2015
Reviewed July 12, 2015

This restaurant is very casual and has a very large menu-appetizers-pizza-sandwiches-pasta-fish-meat---the owner was brought up in NY and is very accommodating-She opened up the kitchen early for our grandson-who had an early soccer game-He had spaghetti with clam sauce-it was great-We returned the next day and everything was very good-it is located right on the beach-so the views are wonderful-Prices are very reasonable and all the wait staff are terrific

Date of visit: June 2015