Holidays Fico d'India
Hotel Bacco(Furore)
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
Hotel La Conca Azzurra(Conca dei Marini)
  • Pool
Rabbit(Agerola)
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
All reviewspastriesthe ownerthe busamalfi coastseafoodgreat holidayour honeymoonthe main touristseparate buildingevery eveningbreakfast was deliciousstunning viewswelcoming placewonderful hoteleasy parkingstayed nightsshort drive
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Truly a "one-of-a-kind" place, defining "hospitality" & "family-run hotel" on absolute top level.

Pino (The Man) will do anything to keep you happy - adjusting the room ("TV is not working so good", "any flip-flops available?"), cooking whatever you want for dinner (just ask him in the morning - be aware that some ingredients are available withn 24h notice), helping with local transport (using roads inaccessible for non-locals).

The rooms are really spacious, with nice balconies and lovely seaviews (and beds are really comfortable).

In case you are a sports fan and required channel is not available at Pino's - go to his brother's Bianca Zita wine bar, just a 5 minutes up the hill (there is a good chance of meetins local fans :-) ).

Breakfast is really rich (see pictures) - fresh orange juice, warm pastries, cold meats and cheese, tomatoes, rolls, jams, etc. - finish with an espresso.

You will not want to leave this place for dinner - the terrace is lovely, the food is 100% local, wonderfully prepared (quite often by Pino's father) & served.
Be advised - the dishes are not the smallest one (had you have a solid lunch in the middle of the day, pasta or gnocchi would be good enough, although you would miss so much of the seafood ...).

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Pino M, Proprietario at Holidays Fico d'India, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Dear Customer,
tank you very very much for the your incredible review.
your beautiful description That fills me with joy in your heart.
I hope you will see again once again, you are my welcome guests for a lifetime.
Con Amore
Pino and family Milo

Reviewed February 11, 2014

When you meet Pino you will be captivated by his charm and sincerity. He really loves his establishment and it shows 24/7. . . You have found your Shangri La in this small ( 6 seaside rooms) hotel on the Amalfi coast. Absolutely NO need to drive to a restaurant as Pino's father is an excellent chef. Large menu selection for small hotel. . . Try the steak medium rare with French Fries if you have tired of seafood. Pino's home grown potatoes. Breakfast with fresh orange juice, cappucino and fresh pastries is very filling and tasty. . . Maybe Pino will take my suggestion and add crepes to the menu. Post if he does. The very clean rooms are all seaside with small balcony and small private bath. Room is about 16x16ft (5x5m). Comfortable bed and adequate towels. Takes a short while for hot water to arrive BUT my fault as I turned tap wrong direction. Flat screen TV that Pino has programmed to deliver BBC and Bloomberg news . . . a pleasant change for English speaking only. Meals are reasonable and Pino will likely provide an after dinner liquer. My Autoroute GPS on laptop took us almost to the door and signs were great. Maybe more difficult at night. . . All in all despite the overcast weather (It is winter) we really enjoyed our short 2 day stay. Wish we could have stayed longer as did the other 2 couples. Will definitely book again should we come back this way. Frank & Brenda Read, Ontario Canada - Feb 11/2014

Room Tip: All (count them) 6 rooms enjoy a seaside view so I assume all are equally good.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FrankRead
Pino M, Proprietario at Holidays Fico d'India, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Dear Frank & Brenda
thank you for the beautiful words about me and Holidays prickly pear are honored that you all had 2 fantastic days here, it was a pleasure for me to spend my time with you.
I will treasure the suggestions of Frank prepare crepes for breakfast.
I hope to see you again my guests in the future.
Greetings affective

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Pino welcomed us to Fico d'India and we really enjoyed our stay there.
The views from our bedroom balcony were beautiful, and even though it was mid December the weather was warm and sunny.

Breakfast was a large array of meats and cheese, fresh tomato, rolls and pastries, just delicious!

We would highly recommend staying at Fico d'India.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank caloundracouple
Pino M, Proprietario at Holidays Fico d'India, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Dear customer ,
thanks for having described with words so flattering her experience at our Hotel Holidays prickly but especially on me. I am pleased to learn that colors, smells, views, kitchen and kindness on my part to have drunk your heart leaving a pleasant memory of your holiday on the Amalfi Coast. How hotels winner (thanks to you with your reviews) of a prize Travelers' Choice, we constantly strive to provide guests with a memorable experience. "
I'll be waiting for your next stay in this enchanted place for you to enjoy even our food, I take this opportunity to greet you cordially!

Reviewed December 25, 2013

Felt like part of the family. Wonderful location and view over the cliff. Dinner menu prepared per request and intimate dinning room. Only 7 rooms and 4 were occupied during our stay. rich breakfast served with smiles. We had lunch outside and dinner every evening

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear customer ,

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We arrive for a five night stay after a lengthy trip from Toronto to Rome via rental car. We arrived exhausted and a lil shaky after the drive..can be a lil nerve racking...crazy drivers...our Gps kept saying we were at the hotel but we were just below it actually.We just had to look up lol. We were met by Pino and had a nice coffee and he had us relaxed in no time..We spent 5 days venturing out from the hotel..we used the rental car, the local bus,the ferry and walked many times from the hotel .A car is desired but not a must.We visited the coastal towns,did the Capri tour and took the"Sentiero degli Dei", (path of the Gods) to Positano.We visited, Mt Vesuvius,Pompeii and Island of Capri which was very enjoyable and the Fjord (lots of steps).Each night we would return to Fico looking forward to relaxing on the balcony with wine and then great food which was always the case. Pino and staff were very helpful conversing with us in English when needed and helping us with our very limited Italian.We loved the assistance from Pino, where to go what to see how to get there safely and always had his number with us if we got stuck which he insisted we have.We were sad to leave but it was a great way to start our three week journey around southern Italy/Sicily.We can say we missed Pino during our travels and know we have a new friend we will always remember. His fathers cooking is some of the best we encountered. The hotel has a vista of views and a very family friendly atmosphere. I highly recommend the hotel and hope to return one day and or see Pino if he ever comes to Canada. A big thank you !
Sogni d'oro Antonio !