“Pino ~ The Host with the Most”

Holidays Fico d'India
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Furore
GreenLeadersGold level
Brantford ontario
“Pino ~ The Host with the Most”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

When you meet Pino you will be captivated by his charm and sincerity. He really loves his establishment and it shows 24/7. . . You have found your Shangri La in this small ( 6 seaside rooms) hotel on the Amalfi coast. Absolutely NO need to drive to a restaurant as Pino's father is an excellent chef. Large menu selection for small hotel. . . Try the steak medium rare with French Fries if you have tired of seafood. Pino's home grown potatoes. Breakfast with fresh orange juice, cappucino and fresh pastries is very filling and tasty. . . Maybe Pino will take my suggestion and add crepes to the menu. Post if he does. The very clean rooms are all seaside with small balcony and small private bath. Room is about 16x16ft (5x5m). Comfortable bed and adequate towels. Takes a short while for hot water to arrive BUT my fault as I turned tap wrong direction. Flat screen TV that Pino has programmed to deliver BBC and Bloomberg news . . . a pleasant change for English speaking only. Meals are reasonable and Pino will likely provide an after dinner liquer. My Autoroute GPS on laptop took us almost to the door and signs were great. Maybe more difficult at night. . . All in all despite the overcast weather (It is winter) we really enjoyed our short 2 day stay. Wish we could have stayed longer as did the other 2 couples. Will definitely book again should we come back this way. Frank & Brenda Read, Ontario Canada - Feb 11/2014

Room Tip: All (count them) 6 rooms enjoy a seaside view so I assume all are equally good.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FrankRead
Pino M, Proprietario at Holidays Fico d'India, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear Frank & Brenda
thank you for the beautiful words about me and Holidays prickly pear are honored that you all had 2 fantastic days here, it was a pleasure for me to spend my time with you.
I will treasure the suggestions of Frank prepare crepes for breakfast.
I hope to see you again my guests in the future.
Greetings affective

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Pino welcomed us to Fico d'India and we really enjoyed our stay there.
The views from our bedroom balcony were beautiful, and even though it was mid December the weather was warm and sunny.

Breakfast was a large array of meats and cheese, fresh tomato, rolls and pastries, just delicious!

We would highly recommend staying at Fico d'India.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank caloundracouple
Pino M, Proprietario at Holidays Fico d'India, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear customer ,
thanks for having described with words so flattering her experience at our Hotel Holidays prickly but especially on me. I am pleased to learn that colors, smells, views, kitchen and kindness on my part to have drunk your heart leaving a pleasant memory of your holiday on the Amalfi Coast. How hotels winner (thanks to you with your reviews) of a prize Travelers' Choice, we constantly strive to provide guests with a memorable experience. "
I'll be waiting for your next stay in this enchanted place for you to enjoy even our food, I take this opportunity to greet you cordially!
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Felt like part of the family. Wonderful location and view over the cliff. Dinner menu prepared per request and intimate dinning room. Only 7 rooms and 4 were occupied during our stay. rich breakfast served with smiles. We had lunch outside and dinner every evening

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear customer ,
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We arrive for a five night stay after a lengthy trip from Toronto to Rome via rental car. We arrived exhausted and a lil shaky after the drive..can be a lil nerve racking...crazy drivers...our Gps kept saying we were at the hotel but we were just below it actually.We just had to look up lol. We were met by Pino and had a nice coffee and he had us relaxed in no time..We spent 5 days venturing out from the hotel..we used the rental car, the local bus,the ferry and walked many times from the hotel .A car is desired but not a must.We visited the coastal towns,did the Capri tour and took the"Sentiero degli Dei", (path of the Gods) to Positano.We visited, Mt Vesuvius,Pompeii and Island of Capri which was very enjoyable and the Fjord (lots of steps).Each night we would return to Fico looking forward to relaxing on the balcony with wine and then great food which was always the case. Pino and staff were very helpful conversing with us in English when needed and helping us with our very limited Italian.We loved the assistance from Pino, where to go what to see how to get there safely and always had his number with us if we got stuck which he insisted we have.We were sad to leave but it was a great way to start our three week journey around southern Italy/Sicily.We can say we missed Pino during our travels and know we have a new friend we will always remember. His fathers cooking is some of the best we encountered. The hotel has a vista of views and a very family friendly atmosphere. I highly recommend the hotel and hope to return one day and or see Pino if he ever comes to Canada. A big thank you !
Sogni d'oro Antonio !
Sharlen and Jimmy

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jimeh
Dear Sharlen and Jimmy ,
North Vancouver
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We were taken to the Fico d'India for a lunch break while on a driving tour of the Amalfi Coast in August. My Mom and 13 year old son and I were welcomed so warmly by Ersilica and treated like family. The food and view were fantastic and the kindness shown to us by Ersilica were 5 stars all the way. We are still talking about the amazing dessert!
On our way out we were given small jars or their marmalade as souveniers-such a beautiful resort and wonderful time had by all.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Brussels, Région De Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We stayed here this past and Pino and the family did an absolutely amazing job. The food was excellent, the rooms were excellent and the ambience was entirely amazing. However, it must be pointed out that the most important factor in making this trip amazing was Pino's personality and that of his entire staff. It really made the difference. Book it, dont even think about it!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Hassan H
Dear Hassan ,
Dublin
Reviewed September 30, 2013

My boyfriend and I have just returned from eleven nights in Fico D'India. We chose this hotel based on the glowing Tripadvisor reviews. The reviews are well deserved, Fico D'India is a wonderful base from which to explore the beautiful Amalfi Coast. To echo what so many other guests have said what makes it so special is Pino and his family/staff. I have stayed in many hotels and have never felt so at home!

The rooms are spotless and quiet with stunning views of the cliffs and sea. Breakfast included yogurt, cereal, fruit, meat, cheese and the most delicious freshly baked pastries. During our stay we must have tried practically everything on the dinner menu and it was always lovely. You will not go hungy at Fico D'India!

We relied on the buses to travel around. Pino was always happy to drop us up to the bus stop. Amafi is around a twenty minute bus ride away. It is possible to get a ferry to Capri, Positano, Salerno etc from Amafi. We also got a bus to the picturesque town of Ravello from Amafi. A taxi back to Furore from Amafi will cost approx Eur 40.

Furore is an extremely quiet corner of the world. If you want peace and tranquillity then look no further. We hope to come back for a glass of lemoncello some day!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Pinomilo, Proprietario at Holidays Fico d'India, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear guest
thanks so much for your wonderful review, I'm really glad that you enjoyed our hotel. Thank you so much for all the compliments addressed to our service, food and structure, are always nice. Come back soon and visit us, a greeting from all the staff of Fico D'India Holidays,
Pino
Also consider these accommodations in or near Furore
Monastero Santa Rosa Hotel & Spa
#1 of 20 in Praiano
Hotel La Conca Azzurra
Hotel La Conca Azzurra
#2 of 5 in Conca dei Marini

Been to Holidays Fico d'India? Share your experiences!