WINNER WONDERLAND

Holidays Fico d'India
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Furore
GreenLeadersGold level
Ohio, United States
“Prickly Pears are Prickly :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

So I did my research and discovered Fico d’India. I appreciated that it is a family owned and operated hotel. I also like that they are keeping the traditions intact while they make modern upgrades to just about everything (the beds were a little lumpy) it was about 90EU a night ($180ish). I loved the scenery of the rocks on one side of the hotel and the sea on the other. It was a great place to meditate early in the morning with no one around to bug me. I stayed away from the prickly pear cactus plants, just because I didn’t want to get jabbed in the hand. Hahah.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

Amalfi coast has been on my must see list for years and finally made it last week and stayed here for 5 nights. This magnificent place is already received wonderful reviews but I have to say, Pino's hospitality (the owner) is bar none. The place is in between Amalfi and Positano and close to bus stop so convenient to go either direction on the coast.

Fico d'India is small family run place and you feel you're at home. The breakfast was delicious, rooms clean and large compared to rest of Europe. There were 4 of us (2 rooms) and I ended up extending my stay another night. But what made this so great was Pino, his family and how he went totally out of his way to make your stay enjoyable. I cannot say enough good things about this beautiful place, the food and especially Pino himself. Great value too!

Its people like these that make your trip! Thank you Pino!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Pinomilo, Proprietario at Holidays Fico d'India, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Smeeta,
Thank you so much for visiting our Hotel you and your friends and for describing it with such beautiful words.
It's a big pleasure for us to know that you enjoyed your time in the Amalfi Coast and appreciated the beautiful landescape, the room and the italian food.
I look forward from hosting you again for a new stay, greetings from all the staff of Fico D'India Holidays,
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

I have just returned from our trip to Italy, which included 3 nights at Fico D'India. I am very keen to highlight this great small hotel. The owner, Pino, is absolutely committed to ensuring that his clients enjoy their holiday...always attentive and pro-active to clients' needs. Our bedroom was spacious and enjoyed fabulous sea views. The food in the hotel restaurant, prepAred by Pino's father, was fantastic and a real taste of Italy....I would definitely recommend eating in the restaurant and don't be frightened of asking for something which is not on the menu as they will aim to meet your requirements and we were never disappointed. Breakfast is super too. The only downside for us, was the location....although it is in a great spot for sea views etc, it is isloated and we struggled as we didn't have a car. Popular with cyclists and Trekkers and perfect for those with their own transport.

Room Tip: We had the Camelia room, which was spacious and although we had a double and single bed in the room...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for visiting our Hotel and for describing it with such beautiful words.
essex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Fico d`India is just as described in its website. A small friendly hotel, in Furore some 4 miles inland from the coast road. This 4 miles will take you about 15 minutes by car and the coast road itself is a nightmare to drive narrow with lots of parked cars, tourist coaches and buses.
We had a room with a balcony(small but what a great view) it had a small table and 2 chairs, TV(we could only find news channels in English), air conditioning and a small fridge. The shower room was small but adequate (it did not worry us not having a bath). Everything was very clean and toiletries were supplied.
If you could eat all of the first class food they gave you for your breakfast I would be surprised. The croissants were particularly good. The restaurant is away from the rooms through what we called `the cave` and served good evening meals.
The small terrace with sunbeds did not get much sun in the afternoon but this could be a bonus when the weather is very hot. There was a Jacuzzi/hot tub on the terrace.
The owner went out of his way to make your stay a pleasure ask him for sightseeing/parking tips.
Furore is not the place if you want nightlife but Fico d`India is certainly a good place to unwind.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Targu Mures
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

It was my first experience in Italy and after my stay at Fico d'India my filling was that I was visiting the family of an old friend.
Excellent service and support from the hotel personnel (clean rooms, best local Italian traditional food, flex services)!
Location with very nice views and placed strategically on the Amalfi coast.
Daily trips arrangements were solved by Pino (the owner and manager) and when we had an initiative, his advice was appreciated.
I'll recommend to everybody that Fico d'India is one of the best locations to start your first experience on Amalfi coast!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Pinomilo, Proprietario at Holidays Fico d'India, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Boynton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

We just came back from an unforgettable Southern Italy tour. While visiting the Amalfi coast we stayed 3 nights at Fico d'India, located in the village of Furore. We had a nice and simple room, with air conditioning, widescreen TV, and a balcony with an amazing view. This place is really special because of its location, the people and the food.

The hotel has a great location. The picturesque Fiordo, which is the main tourist attraction for the village of Furore, is right below the hotel. You can walk down the 900 steps, sunbathe and swim in the clear waters of the Mediterranean Sea. You can take a boat back to town to avoid climbing up the stairs. You can take long drives along the Amalfi Coast that have breath taking views for miles. You can take a boat ride to visit Capri.

Fico d'India Holidays is a family run business and they make sure that every single guest is treated like a family member. The friendly staff makes you feel like home. They really do.

The restaurant overlooks the spectacular Fiordo by the sea. They serve fresh and tasty food every day. We mostly enjoyed the freshly baked pastries, the seafood and the lemon liqueur.

Overall, this place was an awesome retreat and it felt more like spending time with family at a country home. If we ever go back in that area, we will definitely stay there.

Room Tip: Rooms are a little plain but very clean.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mary L
Dear Mary,
Warsaw, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

I could actually rewrite my previous review adding a few more nice adjectives. We could stay in the same room as last year. The welcome, the breakfasts, the dinners, the atmosphere and what`s most important Pino - the owner - fantastic!!! I could actually live there if only the driving wasn`t that challenging ....
Pino is a great host. I didn`t have to say a word and he knew what I wanted for dinner (obviously he remembered from last year that I love octopus). It`s a family-run business and every single guest can feel as a family member. We (me and my husband) can`t wait to go back there!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MartiniWarsaw
Also consider these accommodations in or near Furore
Hotel Pellegrino
#1 of 39 in Positano
Hotel Bacco
Hotel Bacco
#3 of 5 in Furore

Been to Holidays Fico d'India? Share your experiences!