“Lovely little place”

Holidays Fico d'India
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Furore
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We've just returned from 6 lovely days at Fico d'India. Pino, the owner, went above and beyond to make sure that our stay was wonderful.He answered the many questions my dad asked (my dad asks a LOT of questions!) and was even on hand to give us lifts if needed!

The staff are friendly and helpful, and the views are stunning. The rooms are fairly plain but functional-what is really special about this place are the views, the people and the food! The food was fantastic-my family and I rarely eat in the same place twice on holiday, but it was so fresh and delicious here that we couldn't resist. The breakfasts, as noted by other reviewers, were epic! I love pastries and I love cheese, so to be served both at breakfast time was always going to be a winner in my book! The breakfast was so hefty it kept me going til late into the afternoon.

If you're travelling without a car, be warned that the SITA service to and from Furore isn't that frequent. However, once you get a timetable from Pino, you should be able to plan accordingly. Also, as with everywhere on the Amalfi coast, Furore has steep hills or a good few steps, which can be a problem for those with limited mobility.

But public transport aside, it was a fantastic place to stay in a beautiful part of the world, thanks to Pino and his team. I can't wait to return!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Pinomilo, Owner at Holidays Fico d'India, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

I would like to thank you for choosing our structure for your stay in Furore in the Amalfi Coast and for writing a such beautiful review. It's a big pleasure reading your words because they let us understand that you spent a nice time here and that you had the possibility to relax yourself and enjoy the beautiful landscape offered by the nature.
I am very glad to know that everything was ok during your stay. I look forward from seeing you again for a new holiday and wish you all the best.
Kind Regards from all staff of Fico D' India Holidays,
Pino.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

From the beginning of our stay to the end, we experienced the best hospitality in which Pino (the hotel owner) went above and beyond the call of duty to ensure that our stay at Fico d'India was not only pleasant but one to remember.

The room had a fresh and open feel to it coupled with the bathroom which was always clean and well presented. The view from our room was astounding, capturing not only the sea view but you were also able to take in the magnificence of Furore from dusk till dawn. There was never any noise wherever you were and you always felt at peace and time did not matter.

The restaurant was majestic, hidden away at the back of the hotel, you were able to drink in not only the view but one of their famous local wines whilst you dine in style eating some of Furore's freshly caught seafood, which was fantastically prepared. Not only was the dinner excellent but the breakfast which consisted of freshly baked pastries, traditional breakfast platters consisting of local meats, cheeses and fruit was truly enjoyable.

We felt like this review which could go on and on about the amazing location, food and view would not be complete without a special mention to Pino himself and his family who are the life and soul of Fico d'India and they are an amazing team of people who made our stay unforgettable. Pino, without a doubt, is one of the best hosts we have ever had the opportunity to come across - from morning till night he was more than happy to assist us with anything and his genuine interest and service is a rare trait in a person.

We feel as though some reviews complain about the location being too remote and not as close to Amalfi as they would like, however, Pino more than makes up for this and was extremely insightful with bus information and tourist attractions. The local buses are quite easy to use and although they do not run very frequently, they run until quite late in the night and if you ever ran into any trouble, you could contact Pino who would be more than willing to help you out.

This was an great holiday but what made it special was Pino and Fico d'India, so we would like to thank the Pino and his family for an unforgettable holiday and we recommend this to anyone who wishes to experience the true Amalfi Coast.

From Emilia and Ryan

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for choosing our structure for your holiday in Amalfi Coast and for writing this beautiful review. I am pleased to know that you spent a nice time in our structure. I thank you for all the compliments to the staff and food. I look forward from hosting you soon for a new holiday in Italy.
Best Regards by the staff of Fico D'India Holidays.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We have just returned from a short, rainy trip to the Amalfi Coast.
The best thing about the stay was the very accommodating a friendly staff.
The hotel is run by family members who all keen to make the stay comfortable and memorable.

Food is 'just like Mama makes'-although in this case it's Dad and we felt it was a taste of Italy at its best.

1  Thank JANET B
Pinomilo, Owner at Holidays Fico d'India, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Dear guest,
Thanks for choosing our Hotel for your stay in Furore and for your kind review. I am very happy to know that you spent a nice holiday in the Amalfi Coast and we hope to host you again.
Best regards from all the staff of Fico D'India Holidays,

Reviewed May 24, 2013

We were lucky to spend few days last week at Fico d'India. exceptional family run hotel in furore. At first we met Pino the owner who gave us warm welcome, it's service during the entier saty was excellent . the room was in perfect condition. Pino was always there to assist in every request and answer any question. The family are loving and carrying. Pino's father is a great chef and having the magic touch when in the kitchen. The restaurant is perfect both breakfast & dinner were the best we had ever. The location is very good and the view from the balcony keep you speachless.
No doubt ....we'll come again !!!! Thanks to all for a perfect holiday at Amalfi coast.

Room Tip: The room with the balcony "Camilia" was perfect !!!! ask for it and you'll never regre...
1  Thank Avi259
Pinomilo, Owner at Holidays Fico d'India, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

I would like to thank you for choosing our Hotel Fico D'India Holidays for your stay in Furore in the Amalfi Coast and for writing a such beautiful review. It's a big pleasure reading your words because they let us understand that you spent a nice time here and that you had the possibility to relax yourself and enjoy the beautiful landscape offered by the nature.
Kind Regards from all staff of Fico D' India Holidays,
Pino.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

We recently spent a fabulous week at the hotel holidays Fico D'India and we could not have been happier with our choice . Firstly I'd like to praise the service of Pino who is the owner of this family business , what an absolute diamond he is such a friendly , caring and helpful person. He truly made our stay memorable and we were sad to say goodbye .
Also I'd like to give a special mention to all his family partners , them smile and enthusiasm were infectious .They were friendly , welcoming and hospitable.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Freckles2013

Thank you so much for your kind words about our Hotel Holidays Fico d' India and for choosing our hotel for your stay in Furore in Amalfi Coast. I really appreciate your compliments and I am glad to know that you spent a nice time in the our structure . I am really would like to host you again for a new holiday and i take the occasion to wish you the best.
Kind Regards from all the staff of Fico d'India Holidays,

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Wonderful setting, exceptional service and charming staff, starting with Pino, who is a great host and makes you feel at home every single time he is around! We really loved the Amalfi coast, but half of the experience was definitely staying at Fico d'India and eating the great food served in the restaurant.

Room Tip: We stayed in two of the rooms with sea view and it was wonderful, but I think any room is great. Mor...
1  Thank Smaranda F
Pinomilo, Owner at Holidays Fico d'India, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear guests,
thank you so much for your wonderful review
I am very happy that you spent a nice time in Furore in the Amalfi Coast. I am happy to know who you have appreciated the hotel, the rooms and the kindness of the staff.
Regards from all of the staff of Fico D'India Holidays,

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Simply the best we've ever experienced

That, at first examination and upon even further consideration, is how we would describe our four days and nights at the Hotel Holidays Fico D'India. Pino and his entire family are simply the most cordial, most warm - heck, the most loving - hosts we've ever had anywhere and at any time in some 10 trips to Europe, to Australia, to England, to France. Even to - and my apologies to my previous best-ever - nation of Ireland and the people of Dingle Town.

Located amidst the twisting, heart-churning narrow mountain roads above the Amalfi Coast of southern Italy, and overlooking both the blue Mediterranean Sea and the Fjord of Furore, this is as close to travel home heaven as my wife Barb and I have ever been.

Perched midway above and between Positano and Amalfi - with Sorrento and Ravel
day-trip delights within reach by SITA bus - we paid 90 Euros a night for a 30-meter, Italian-tiled suite with double balcony overlooking the mountain's run to the sea. The room had a queen-size bed withan extra day bed, a desk, satellite television, a fridge and a wonderful Jacuzzi tub to help the legs prepare for the next day's excursion.

Just down the hall on the same level was the Ristorante "Lo Scrivano" where we ate breakfast every day "whenever you want, this is your home," Pino said the first day, and where on three evenings we dined on local special dishes and wine, and where Pino presented Barb a rose and birthday wishes.

Ah, and the Limoncello, the grain-alcohol-fortified, freezer-chilled after-dinner drink that filled the nose and tingled the taste buds.

As you'll be able to tell from looking at the pictures I've attached, Fico D'India is just a beautiful place to stay.

But what sets it apart is Pino, the patron son who has turned his boyhood home into a six-room slice of love that is a familia affair that includes his mother and father, his brother and sister in law, his wife and two boys, and honored guests that when we were there included a young Italian family of four, a couple from Denmark, another from Italy, and another from the United States, along with a couple of middle American Missourians in Barb and me.

I emailed Pino as to the best way to reach Fico D'India once we arrived by train via Naples and Salerno, and then by bus to Amalfi. "I will drive you."

I believed this to be a nice, one-time gesture. It became an every morning occurrence on our way to our starts in Amalfi, and on Italian Liberation Day also included Pino coming to our rescue in the evening when traffic was bumper-to-bumper and fender-to-fender if we had ridden the bus.

Other guests, hoping to arrive at midnight for the start of their stay, ran into travel problems. Pino was there to check them in at 2 o'clock in the morning and was still up to greet us at breakfast.

This is, of course, a review of a place to stay, not of a vacation trip that began for us in early April boarding a cruise out of New Orleans to Rome, and that was extended for a stay in Naples, a trip to Pompeii, and then "Bella Amalfi."

But to show just how extra special our stay at the Hotel Holidays Fico D'India made that trip, consider this.

When it came time to pay the bill at Fico D'India, at a cost of just more than 500 Euros (food, wine, room) for our four days and nights, I did something I have never before done in my life. I put an extra 25 Euros into the protesting hands of our friend Pino, explaining that it was not a tip as much as a thank you.

If you plan a trip to the Amalfi Coast and you do not try to stay with Pino - info@hotelholidaysficodindia.com - then yours is the loss of indelible memories.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sptwri
Pinomilo, Owner at Holidays Fico d'India, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2013

Thank you so much for choosing our Fico d' India Holidays for your holiday in Amalfi Coast and for writing this beautiful review. We are pleased to know that you spent a nice time in our structure. We thank you for all the compliments to the staff and food.
We look forward from hosting you soon for a new holiday in Italy.
Best Regards by the staff of Fico d'India Holidays.
Pino

Also consider these accommodations in or near Furore
Hotel Margherita
#4 of 20 in Praiano
Hotel Bacco
Hotel Bacco
#3 of 5 in Furore

Been to Holidays Fico d'India? Share your experiences!