All reviews infinity pool heaven on earth amalfi coast michelin star complimentary shuttle moment you arrive understated luxury our honeymoon an unforgettable experience absolute perfection converted monastery little touches year anniversary chef bob thermal baths every respect the general manager
Selected filters
Reviewed July 31, 2016

I completely agree with many reviewers - Words don't really do this place justice and everything was incredible here! I'm convinced every member of the Santa Rosa team must have gone to Hotel Finishing School :-) top shelf service all around without being intrusive.

My husband and I stayed @ Santa Rosa for 2 weeks and our daughter joined us for 1 week.

Property is serenely beautiful, there are only 20 rooms so plan accordingly as their rooms fill up quickly. Highly recommend!

Big Kudos to the whole Santa Rosa Team!!! Looking forward to our next visit!

Room tip: Rooms overlooking the Garden and Sea
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2016 via mobile

The property is absolutely gorgeous (particularly the pool area). There are multiple photos here so I won't get into details. Reception staff was very efficient and reconfirmed all restaurant reservations at check-in. Spa facilities are great; wonderful facial; massage was decent but not great.

Things to consider:
1. Has been mentioned before on Tripadvisor but rooms are truly tiny. As in, if you have two large suitcases it will be very difficult to maneuver in the room. Just something to keep in mind if you're used to large hotel rooms
2. Restaurant/pool staff not very friendly. Issues with getting lunch at 2:30pm (restaurant didn't want to serve even though reception said restaurant is open till 3pm).
3. Nice breakfast selection but they should consider serving home-made jams, local honey, etc. The tiny jarred jams that they serve taste rather plastic'y
4. Kept on getting asked our room name multiple times on the same day at breakfast, pool service, etc. Not the biggest issue but staff at hotels of this caliber typically remember the guests (particularly if its a small hotel and guests are staying multiple days).

I would recommend this hotel simply because it's beautiful but I feel service needs a bit more work.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank NYC_2008_FC
Reviewed July 24, 2016 via mobile

Words don't really do this place justice. Everything about it is done with just that little bit more class than anywhere else we've stayed - which includes the Burj in Dubai.

Outstanding from the very first ring of the bell on arrival to the last ring on departure.

Thank you to everyone at the Hotel for making our stay truly unforgettable.

I wish we could keep you a secret....

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank TonyandSam
Reviewed July 21, 2016

Everything was just incredible here, and the team who work there were so kind and looked after us so well. Nothing was an issue for them.
BEST breakfast ever and yummy cocktails!
Food for our first lunch wasn't the best so we chose to ate out for the rest of the week - some great places in Amalfi and a fab little local pizzeria 5 mins walk from the hotel. Yum!
Pool gorgeous, lots of lovely places to relax and chill out.
Room was lovely too!

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank dingdong37
Reviewed July 11, 2016

Everyone has said it all - this is just one of the most special places I have ever stayed. The rooms - although a little small - are beautiful, the food fantastic, the staff wonderful and the setting is sublime. A $65m view to die for. I will be back.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple