“Truly Wonderful and Unforgettable!!”

Monastero Santa Rosa Hotel & Spa
Reviewed June 3, 2014

This hotel was AMAZING!! The ambiance of the place was in every footprint of the hotel and spa. Utterly decadent! The food was delicious and unbelievably fresh (from the eggs at breakfast, which could have only been farm fresh to have such dark and incredibly flavorful yolks, to the Amberjack fish at dinner). The service was phenomenal! The restaurant attendants were there to accommodate your every request. The spa personnel were very knowledgeable and helpful, while being truly talented at their jobs (get the candle light massage!! It was wonderful!!). The complimentary spa offerings were relaxing and soothing after sightseeing (our favorite was the hydro-spa). The complimentary shuttle was on-call at a moments notice to take you to and from Amalfi and the drivers were very informative and friendly. The reception desk was gracious and always available to help with whatever we needed in and around the hotel and Amalfi town. You are greeted with warmth and a professionalism that I have not encountered at any other establishment. The staff went out of their way to please even the most frivolous of requests (The lemon delight almonds are delicious and when asked where they were from the hotel offered have the store send some to the hotel and when that was not fast enough for our departure, a small supply from the hotel was offered to me to take home…really!!). The views from the hotel (any part of the hotel… from our bedroom window to the sunset terrace) were breathtaking. The room was comfortable with a well-planned design to make the room as functional as possible yet oh so luxurious!! The real star of the room was the bathroom, with heated tile floors, nicely sized shower, and the deep, deep soaking tub (I took a bath everyday in that wonderful tub (they even provided bath salts to make the experience even more “sigh-worthy”). I do not think the rooms could have been cleaner as they were cleaned twice daily. This hotel was one of the highlights of our trip. We actually spent two days of our 10-day vacation in Italy just delighting in the hotel and spa. It was truly a remarkable and unforgettable experience.

Room Tip: -If they offer to let you sample a dessert at breakfast, accept it without question... whatever it i...
1  Thank Kayla M

Reviewed June 2, 2014

My husband & I stayed here for the final week of our honeymoon and it was absolute perfection! I can't think of a better way to enjoy the Amalfi Coast than at this hotel. The property is beautiful, the views are stunning, the entire staff is wonderful (Andrea, Andrea, Pasquale, Michelangelo, Alessandro.... to name just a few) and service is top notch. You will not regret staying here!!!

Reviewed May 29, 2014

There is definitely a reason why the Santa Rosa is as amazing and successful as it is. To start with the breathtaking views on the Amalfi Coast paired with a former monastery turned into a striking and beautiful hotel doesn't hurt. We came here on Mother's Day for my wife to get a massage and we were treated as if we had booked the Mediterranean view suite for two weeks! A special thank you to Michaelangelo for the amazing tea, (some of the best we've had in Italy), and Pompeio for being a true gentleman and giving us a private tour of the hotel, we can see why its five stars!
-Sir Michael Massa

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Michael M
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Remarkable experience. We have stayed at a lot of outstanding hotels and resorts around the world but nothing can top this. The location is unbeatable. The entire experience from beginning to end is remarkable from arrival through departure (including a tray of coffee and croissants delivered to our room at 4 AM for our departure). Everyone is enthusiastic and helpful. The amenities are superb. Rates more than 5 stars! Their job is to maintain this standard.

4  Thank Robert S
Reviewed May 20, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this wonderful hotel for only one night as it was the end of our two week trip in Italy. We immediately regretted that it was not for longer, but have decided to go back next year and stay only here!! The level of care that is shown in every detail throughout the property is unbelievable. One of the most noticeable highlights of this amazing property is the fact that while the service and amenities are over the top fabulous, they have managed to maintain a quiet, subdued elegance that is respectful of the former monastery. It exudes class and elegance, but doesn't shout it.

The guest rooms are appointed with heated floors, ambient lighting, a smart TV, high-speed internet, fresh fruit and water, scented bath salts, exquisite linens and of course, breathtaking views. The food in the restaurant is fresh, seasonal and 5-star quality -- be sure to try the Chef's tasting menu for dinner. The breakfast is included with your room rate and was the best breakfast we had during our travels in Italy. The coffee was fabulous as well as the pastries and made-to-order eggs. Pasquale, the maitre'd, is a true delight and he and his terrific staff made sure that our dining at every meal was a pleasure.

Of course the service in every area of the hotel is impeccable. After our arrival we went to the pool (an infinity pool set among lush landscaping of roses and lemon trees that overlooks the ocean) and ordered cocktails, which were tall, cool and served with fresh mint from their garden. The pool attendant greeted us with fresh towels and also gave me a soft blanket when he noticed that I was a bit chilly.

We enjoyed the spa as well and had a wonderful couples massage. The spa is immaculately clean and Francesca was a delight to coordinate our needs there. Be sure to use the complimentary hydrotherapy pool, sauna and steam room.

While we were concerned that the hotel is a bit isolated from town, once we got there we realized that it didn't matter -- we could have stayed a week and never left the property. However, for those who do want to venture out, the hotel does offer a free shuttle to Amalfi.

You will absolutely not regret staying here. I am anxiously awaiting my return visit to this fabulous piece of Heaven in Italy!

Room Tip: all rooms are beautiful. We chose a partial ocean view and actually liked it better than a full ocea...
1  Thank Jill0425
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Everything that everyone has said about this place is true and then some! I've never written a review, but I have to rave about this place. I'm sitting at their pool here and tomorrow I leave - I'm debating booking through a 3rd party website to pay $1800/night (it didn't cost nearly that per night the previous two nights) and lose my $1000 flight tomorrow just to not have to leave! My only regret is not staying here longer. Spend the money to get in the "Couples" retreat spa room! It is not highlighted enough on their website nor are there enough pictures to show how amazing it is, but you will absolutely lose yourself when you walk in and witness its beauty. As someone who reads reviews and basis all my decisions on what you say, I beg of you to follow what myself and many others have said.

Room Tip: Any room is great for 2 people. If you have a child, you might consider another place.
1  Thank NicPorter
Reviewed May 19, 2014

My husband and I arrived after a long flight plus the coastal drive (a bit frightening if you are fearful of heights but gorgeous). The hotel is so elegantly discreet that you barely notice it until you step in side the entrance. At that point the staff, which out number the guests, greet you as if they have been waiting for you all their lives. Nothing over the top, just graceful hospitality punctuated by all the other details of the property. This former monastery is decorated to perfection, modern yet classic. The quality of the furnishings, linens, artwork and craftsmanship are incomparable. Each room is unique. Each staff member is so genuine and professional that I could not begin to single any one of them out for special service. Each, down to the chamber maid, is an asset to this magical hotel and spa. The spa is like a private oasis. There are so few guests here at one time that we have felt completely protected from the outside world. Yesterday I had the best pedicure of my life. After all, a girl wants her toes to look pretty in the enchanting gardens surrounding the building. The gardens are worthy of much more than I can express. The most seasoned master gardener will be impressed. The food is fresh, delicious and simple, yet sophisticated. We have enjoyed our meals while taking in the view of the sea. Ahhhh. Too many good things to say to put it all in this review. In summary, this is the finest hotel my husband and I have ever experienced. Notice I did not say "stayed in." One doesn't "stay here." They experience it...fully. Expensive, yes, but worth every penny and more. We are scheduled to leave for Florence soon but really, do I have to? I want to stay here.......

Stayed: May 2014
Hotel Pellegrino
Hotel Pellegrino
#1 of 20 in Praiano
NH Collection Grand Hotel Convento di Amalfi

Been to Monastero Santa Rosa Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!