Il Saraceno Grand Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel Le Terrazze(Conca dei Marini)
$187
$175
Monastero Santa Rosa Hotel & Spa(Conca dei Marini)
$1,461
$118
Beata Solitudo(Agerola)(Great Value!)
$107
$89
Holidays Fico d'India(Furore)(Great Value!)
$94
La Pergola Hotel(Amalfi)(Great Value!)
$155
  • Breakfast included
Hotel La Conca Azzurra(Conca dei Marini)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Hotel Belvedere(Conca dei Marini)
No availability for your dates from our partners
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfree shuttleelevatorviewsboatcapri
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 5, 2013

My fiancé and I booked this hotel for our 3 day trip to the Amalfi coast. First, the views are unreal - can't ask for more. The staff was friendly and helpful and there was a decent breakfast included.

The room was decent and clean (seemingly) with nice bathrooms.

However, both my fiancé and I experienced bites. We're not exactly sure if it's from the bed but we can say that with a reasonable amount of certainty.

We probably not go back because of our concerns around bugs but also, we were so busy doing stuff during the day, the cost seemed more than we required.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Ryan M
Reviewed October 2, 2013

This hotel is really unique, I've never quite seen anything like it. What it lacks in 5* luxury it makes up for in sheer drama. It only has 30 or 40 rooms, and it looked like there is a real variation in room type. Although I didn't see any other rooms, I was told the standard rooms are spacious. Some have shared balconies, some have private balconies, so it would be worth checking with the management to make sure you get what you want. Our room was the Juliet and Romeo suite. It was a big room with a small private balcony. The furniture was a cross between something out of the Hobbit and Fred Flinstone though! If you can see past the bedroom furniture, it is a good room, though note it does not have a stand in shower, just a bath attachment.

Overall I'd recommend this hotel if you want a beach. The beach is big, loads of space, and there is a beach bar/cafe and a proper restaurant one floor up. The evening restaurant, bar and breakfast room is at the top of the hotel, with amazing views of the coast. The breakfast was fine, but not brilliant. We didn't eat in th restaurant in the evening so can't comment.

Room Tip: Speak the the hotel management and find out exactly what they have before booking.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank diaedward
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I spent three sunny days there and didn't feel the need to go out of the hotel. The private beach can be accessed using an elevator and there are towels and beds for the guests. But the best part was the room with a stunning view of the sea. So far the best hotel I've been in my life.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Thomas S
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed there in August and have to agree that it is NOT a 5 star hotel by any means! However that said the views are stunning and the hotel has a private beach which is very nice as best part of it. We did not eat once in the hotel based on the breakfast which was very poor for a hotel of this supposed level. Just the most basic of food. Staff are nice but many are very old, and you can see are just waiting for retirement, and slow with drinks and basics. The hotel is old, and needs refurbishment as is like a time warp. However we enjoyed it, and made do as our booking was last minute. The best part was the little beach restaurant next door! Summary a 3 star hotel in a five star location! Take the shuttle bus to Amalfi for your dinner! as unless you are 100 you will die of boredom in the hotel bar!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank lamarbella
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights in September 2013. The hotel is a converted fort and had a lot of interesting features. Nice swimming pool and private beach. Staff were friendly enough but the service was nothing to write home about. This may be a bit ageist but they were all quite old and all men and think if they hired some younger staff and also some female staff that would brighten up the atmosphere a bit.
Stunning views from all the rooms we had. Breakfast was good and served on a balcony overlooking the sea. We didn't eat at the restaurant. The decoration and furniture in the room was very old and some of wood on the bed frames was broken. I guess they may say it is antique but not to my taste anyway. There was a stale musty smell as though it needed a good airing after years of smoking indoors.
This is a 3 star hotel at the very most. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family