“A piece of Heaven” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Atrani
Montreal, Canada
“A piece of Heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Palazzo Ferraioli is one of the best place I ever been. I spent over two weeks and I feel it wasn't enough!!!The location is perfect; its near wonderful restaurants, in the small town of Atrani where you find one of the best beaches of the coast- black sand with gold specs. It's also 5 minutes walk from the famous town of Amalfi. The rooms are very nice and clean- luxurious with glamorous décor and spacious shower and Jacuzzi. The roof terrace is beautifully decorated and the views are breath-taking. Bar- Gioanna- makes the best Mojito. In the morning, breakfast will be serve and the everyone greets you with the best hospitality, Italians are known for. ( Manuel, Antonia, Francesco were wonderful)

I also went to the spa a few times and it's a real wellness center- I highly recommend. peaceful, very clean, very relaxing!

To top all of the great qualities mentioned above; The staff was spectacular. It's a 4 stars hotel- with the services of the staff that equals a 6 stars. Angela and manager Carmine, were super friendly and amazing people, they have made ( with the rest of the staff) this stay an unforgettable memory that I will cherish forever.
Gratzie, Gratzie, Grazie and hopefully a dopo!

This place is a MUST go!

Room Tip: All the rooms has a unique looks- very glamour and beautifully decorated. Room 306 was quite somethi...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Stefanie C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Korean first
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Palazzo Ferraioli is one of my favorite hotels anywhere. The setting couldn’t be more spectacular, with views of the gorgeous village of Atrani from every window or the lovely and expansive roof terrace. The rooms are mod luxury, spotlessly clean. Comfortable beds, quiet peaceful sleeping, walk in showers, giant Jacuzzi tubs, plenty of space, unique décor with at least some rooms having a legendary actor or actress as theme. Leisurely breakfasts overlooking the village, with a spread of breads, cheeses, fruits, mortadella and prosciutto with excellent coffee/tea made to order. The walk to Palazzo Ferraioli is part of the romance, just follow signs from the base of the beautiful stacked village up a few series of steps and ancient passageways. Amalfi is reached in a 5 or 10-minute walk around the coast-corner. A perfect getaway.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Julie C
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

This is a wonderful hotel in the little town of Atrani, just 2 minutes walk up the hill from the town of Amalfi. We were so happy to be staying in the peace of Atrani with the whole Amalfi coast just a bus or boat ride away.

The hotel itself is a little hard to find at first, all part of its charm. The rooms are large and can be sea facing if you ask when booking. The people who work at the hotel are great and nothing is to much for them.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mack187
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Palazzo Ferraioli two weeks ago. We came into town via the bus from Salerno (I would NOT recommend the bus if you get car sick or don't like crowds). The bus drops you off on the one main road that goes thru Atrani. Being an American traveling for two weeks I had 70lbs of luggage. The entrance to the hotel was at the BOTTOM of the road which required my boyfriend to drag both of our luggage down about 40 steps. Once we arrived at the bottom of the hill and the entrance to the hotel, they have bellman to take your bags back up another set of stairs to the hotel (I'd read reviews of this, but didn't really understand until I saw them). Once inside the hotel, you realize it has been very recently updated and the staff all speak decent English. The hotel is about a five minute walk away from Amalfi, which is where you'll find most of the restaurants, shopping and attractions. We were thankful to be in Atrani which was much quieter and relaxed on the rooftop lounge one of the nights were there.
Overall, our experience was very good. The hotel was recently updated, all of the rooms having a different theme - ours beeing the Meryl Streep room. There was no restaurant on site, but they did have the bar area where breakfast was served. Breakfast was included every morning and all of the staff we interacted with was friendly. I'd visit again given the opportunity.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

What a great place to stay, my girlfriend and i recently stay here and loved it, from the service to the massages... My only remarks would be the church bell which goes every 15 minutes 24 hrs a day everyday! Also we had a sea facing room and there was a couple dogs down stairs who liked to bark though the night. Other than that our stay was great, 10mins walk from Amalfi, a great little square down stairs with a bar and a few good restaurants. We felt right at home from the minute we got there and May is a great time to go as its not to busy with tourists.
One ;last tip if you going to stay here call ahead and get them to meet you down stairs to help with your luggage as its a good many steps to the hotel.... Enjoy!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

I loved this hotel. Particularly the bathroom was large and lovely. Can't recall which room we stayed in, but it was the corner, with a sea view, I might have been third floor. I think. It had just the calm, elegant feel I wanted. All the rooms seems to be named after movie stars.

But, my brother stayed at a room close by, in the same hall, also with sea view, and the decoration was...well, it would have driven me mad, but I guess some would say it was modern.
If you like "modern", great. If not, choose you rom carefully if decoration is an issue for you. I would think most rooms are very nice, though.

The breakfast was simple, but had fruits, which I like, and good coffee. A small backyard allows you to eat out door in the morning. The hotel also have a roof top, which was too hot for me daytime, but lovely to sit with a glass of wine night time.

Would definately stay at this hotel again if in Atrani. But if you have walking disabilities, please note that tehre are many stairs up to this hotel and that even though the staff are absolutely professional and service minded, and will carry your suit cases if they know you will be arriving in a pre-ordered car, if you do not, you may have to carry your suitcases up the stairs yourself. But we loved the staff.

There is also a small wellness room where you can get a massage, and teh beach is very close by. I actually would prefer the beacj in atrani than Amalfi. The Malfi beach is the see and be seen beach while the Atrani beach is the just relax beach or with kids beach.
Atraini did not have any gourmet eatery, as I found, but we really liked the walk from Atrani, through the oldwalking way between the small towns, to Amalfi. And we also liked to walk back to the more quiet Atrani.

Atrani is a bit boring for many days, but if you like to walk, or make excursions, I would prefer Atrani over the "hotter" towns, as it is calmer, more quiet, but still just a short walk away.

I was a bit scared of the fast bus driving..but I guess better tha ndriving myself.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

You will not regret this choice. And it is located away from the busy streets of Amalfi....THe feedback on tripadvisor definitely helped us. Dont even rent a car because bus rides are convenient. We took a taxi which was outrageous $150 but the scenic drive was breathtaking. You might want to adventure and take the public transportation if you manage to travel light. I did not feel unsafe wandering Naples at night when we flew into their airport though.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mina T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atrani
Hotel Luna Convento
#9 of 29 in Amalfi
Albergo L'Antico Convitto
Me.Fra Camere di Sonia Criscuolo
NH Collection Grand Hotel Convento di Amalfi

Been to Palazzo Ferraioli? Share your experiences!