“Relaxing stay with excellent hosts”
Review of La Scogliera

La Scogliera
Ranked #1 of 5 Atrani B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We stayed in the blue room and had an excellent experience. Our hosts were warm and helpful. I loved Atrani, very relaxed, close to Amalfi, easy base to get around the Amalfi coast. Would definitely recommend.

3  Thank LisaP08

Reviewed December 8, 2013

We stayed there for 8 nights during the last weeks of October 2013. We had the yellow room for one night and then moved into the blue room.

Pino met us at the bus stop in Atrani and brought a fellow to help take our heavy suitcases up the stairs. As we had a Transatlantic cruise afterward, we had really heavy suitcases.

Pino's enthusiasm and Pina's smile and personality made coming 'home' a joy. They made us HUGE breakfasts and even did our laundry! We saw them often and were always happy to have a conversation. Pino had maps to places we wanted to see and lots of helpful tips about where to eat or great places to go.

The rooms are both beautiful but I loved the Blue Room so much, having the view of Atrani as well as the view out to sea.

There can be nothing more elegant than coming into that room and seeing those two beautiful views. Or sipping Limoncello on the balcony watching all the goings-on in Atrani.

There was even a great little view of the old tower at Hotel Luna out the shower window.

Would we stay there again - absolutely!

Room Tip: Yellow room is more private. Blue room has 2 balconies.
1  Thank catwing
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I am long overdue writing a review but that doesn't mean I don't have lasting thoughts of a beautiful stay in Atrani. I visited in June with my four daughters. It was a very warm day when we arrived and Peno was waiting for us at the entrance to his home. We walked up the stairs, and as I sit in my home in Northern United States I recall the beauty of walking into the blue bedroom with the doors to the balconies open and the lovely wispy blue curtains moving in the breeze. It is a beautiful place with a gracious host and hostess. Julie A

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Julie A
Reviewed November 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the Yellow room for 4 nights, but we could have easily spent our entire 2 week trip here. I wanted someone to pinch me, to make sure I wasn't dreaming! Atrani is the perfect location on the Amalfi Coast and La Scogliera is THE place to stay. Pino and Pina are the most warm, gracious and welcoming hosts, they make you feel like family, just precious people we will never forget. We were spoiled every morning with breakfast on our balcony overlooking the sea. Pino's coffee is the best!! Our bedroom was very comfortable too, we can't wait to go back. Amalfi town is a short walk away, but the best restaurants and beach are truly right there in Atrani. A definite must stay!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Leanne T
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We loved our Yellow Room, the views from our balcony right above the sea, overlooking the Gulf of Salerno watching all the boats, large and small, go by, delicious breakfasts in the dining room with spectacular ceiling decoration, and especially our most warm and charming hosts Pino and Pina. Atrani itself is like a little operetta set, and has several very good restaurants. A short walk across the road and through a pedestrian tunnel leads to Amalfi, with lots of pretty, quite touristy shops, many more places to eat, beautiful cathedral and main piazza, very good bus and boat links to other towns along the Amalfi coast. We loved our stay - the ease of getting about but not in the thick of the tourist trail. It was a dream, and every night and morning we were lulled by the sound of the sea below.

Room Tip: Blue Room, previously much recommended, has a double aspect bay windows, but we were very happy with...
1  Thank Dreamtime2013
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I stayed here for a few nights in October 2013. The room was excellent and the price unbeatable. Philipo and his brother were very accomodating. My room had large bay doors that opened up to a cute little alley in the town, very nice. It's literally a 2 minute walk from the main (only?) piazza in town and the little beach.

Room Tip: Many of the photos depict balconies with an ocean view. I'm not sure where these rooms are loca...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Whilst the reviews were a rave about La Scogliera Rooms, I just booked a couple of nights as a quick rest stop on a 4 week tour of Italy. After being there for 30minutes, I wanted to stay for the balance of our trip. I tried everything to coax a room out of Pina and Pino, but they are booked solid!
Firstly the hosts - Pina and Pino. They are warm, beautiful and so hospitable. You could not ask for better hosts. On our day of departure we were going to get the ferry from Amalfi to Sorrento and a storm came over therefore we could not catch the ferry. Pino tried to get his driver to take us but at such short notice was unavailable. Pino's son Marco, whom is as warm and friendly as his parents, took us. We were so grateful!

The breakfast is great and can be enjoyed on your balcony or in the main dining/lounge area.
We stayed in the blue room and wow - what a view! The room was immaculate, had everything we could need and the bed was comfortable. Also I want to add it was a bargain price considering other hotels in the area.

Atrani is a very special little place on earth. Only a 300m walk to the bustle of Amalfi if you feel like some action, but I would recommend Atrani, especially for some down time.

Pina & Pino - Grazie e ci vedremo di nuovo in due anni di tempo.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Chichman22
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atrani
Palazzo Ferraioli
0 mi away
Eva Rooms
Eva Rooms
#2 of 5 in Atrani

Been to La Scogliera? Share your experiences!