“Very Good Food, Location and Service”
Review of Le Arcate

Le Arcate
Ranked #5 of 11 Restaurants in Atrani
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Tampa, Florida
“Very Good Food, Location and Service”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

My husband and I had dinner at Le Arcate our first night on the Amalfi Coast. The food was very good. Server very nice and attentive. Location near the water, very nice. We had walked down from Punta Civita, where we were staying- quite a walk down endless steps. The people at Le Arcate were very kind to call us a Taxi for our ride back up to Punta Civita. We enjoyed the restaurant enough to return our last night on the coast. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank tampagal

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Glasgow
“Possibly the best pizzas in Atrani”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We have been to this restaurant several times on holiday and have always found it to be really good. The pizzas in particular are excellent and this restaurant apparently has one of the few wood burning ovens in Atrani - and it shows - yum! Service admittedly is a little rushed, not sure why as they dont appear to need the tables back quickly - it would be nice to get a little break between courses but that said the food is excellent and you cant fault the location (right on the sea front). I particularly like the baba a limone and made a point of going to this restaurant on my last night so I could have it again (double yum). They tend to eat later in Atrani so dont be put off if you go about 8pm and the place is dead, it soon fills up!

• Visited September 2012
Oxford
“Views and food”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Just off the beach with a lovely view across the bay. We had a leisurely lunch with first-class pasta.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank OxfordCorben
East Sussex
“Breathtaking view”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Le Arcate (the arches) looks out on a beautiful view of the coastline. A family run restaurant visited by many celebrities yet the atmosphere is relaxed and the food is first class. One of our most favourite restaurants.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank VandaEastSussex
Essex
“Don't bother - over priced poor service”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

For such a wonderful location, right on the harbour wall, Michele & I would happliy have spent a lot of money in the restaurant, if only the waitors had bothered to treat us in the way that the very understanding manager/owner did.

The evening was hot - too hot to be under a canopy, but all of the empty tables on the harbour wall were apparently reserved (for Italians) - this was the only experience of such a thing in Atrani. Not a problem we took a table and later quietly moved to a cooler one.

We ordered a pizza as they looked good on another table. I ordered a local pizza with a selection of Italian cold cuts - should have been lovely, excxept they didn't bother to put the meat on.

I was so fed up and hungry that I eat it anyway. When the bill came we had been over charged - not happy. Then I saw the owner/manager, so I called him over quietly (atrani is a small place and every one knows every one very quickly so I wasn't going to make a kerfuffle.

To his credit the owner/manager was very appologetic, immediately reduced the bill considerably and offered a free bottle of wine on our next visit. The problem was that I was still hungry and had to go back to the square to eat in our favourite bar.

Big mistake since we happilly spent a lot of money in the bars and restaurants where we were made to feel welcome in the square.

• Visited July 2012