“Fabulous, delicious antipasto and traditional service”
Review of A. Paranza

A. Paranza
Ranked #3 of 11 Restaurants in Atrani
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We loved A'Paranza. We had booked a long time ago via email. It had been recommended to me by someone who lived on Amalfi as not to be missed. We then discovered our taxi driver has been there for his birthday. A good sign in my view, as taxi drivers always seem to find the best restaurants. Atrani is a lovely little town. You walk up the main street to the nicely decorated restaurant. Most of the other people in the restaurant were Italian.The owner offered he would organise our meal (I would not agree to this in a touristy restaurant but all the signs were good. We had a series of 6-8 delicious seafood antipasto dishes - prawns 'cooked' in lemon juice, stuffed sardines, zucchini flower stuffed with crab meat, whitebait in lemon leaves- they were all delicious. The main meal was lovely but almost an anti-climax after the antipasto - a large fresh fish grilled with small tomatoes and calamari. Service was great throughout and bathrooms were cleanest on the Amalfi coast. My husband also said the wine list was good with very modest mark ups. A great and memorable night out.

1  Thank intrepidvoyager1
There are newer reviews for A. Paranza

Reviewed September 25, 2013

This restaurants, along with some of the others, did not open for dinner until 7. It is tucked away up the Main Street from the others so a bit quieter. The service and food were excellent.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I would highly recommend the squid with tomatoes very good. I got the risotto with creamy sauce and my husband got the seafood and pasta (which I think was better here than at other places we tried it.) The prices were maybe a euro higher than other restaurant around but nothing that would prevent me from going. The waiter was nice, not overly warm like other restaurant.

Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

The hotel recommended this place as being good for fish, and the menu was certainly dominated by fish. The place was quite smart, but felt a bit stuffy and lifeless. The food was ok, but presentation was a bit lacking and for what it cost, €80' it should have been better.

1  Thank Stephen B
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Very friendly staff in a classy local restaurant nestled on the Main Street of Atrani. Fantastic Italian food and wine reflective of the amazing local produce of the area.