Overall - this is not a good location for seeing the Amalfi Coast. It's more difficult to get to, isolated and inferior. Stay at the other end in Sorrento instead.
This is at best a 4-star hotel masquerading as a 5-star. Stayed a week during September with a group. Fantastic vista, decent food and nifty facilities, but oh how the details bite. I really got tired of hearing "Don't worry, we'll send someone down right away to fix it." Our door latch stayed broken for 2 days - we had to find the maid to let us in with her pass key. The TV never worked nor did the free Wi-Fi. Omitted wake-up calls were routine. No courtesy coffee/tea in the room or anywhere on site. Hard beds, useless pillows. Notwithstanding the earnest staff and excellent bartenders, the place seemed to lack any overall management. During a week's stay, there was no evidence of anyone in charge. No maitre-d', no manager, just staff running about putting out fires as best they could.
The biggest complaint is the Hotel's isolation and its bizarre shuttle schedule to the local small town. The shuttle didn't run between 1 and 4 in the afternoon or after 9:30 at night. Hardly conducive to a trip to the beach or a late evening meal. The "deluxe" patio rooms are the best choice but be prepared to like your neighbours since the "partition" between rooms is a bunch of vines. And the barking dog next door is a big negative.
Mr. Manager: Please don't answer and say you are sorry and will do better. Similar comments have been on the site for over a year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A recent and precious renovation has turned the famed Hotel Raito, in Vietri sul Mare into a closely guarded secret getaway, the crown jewel of the Amalfi Coast. This extraordinary five star hotel displays a suggestive landscape where Earth, Sea and Sky seem to meet exalting its marvelous position which sets in the mountain-site descending on the amazing Salerno bay. Superb landscapes and a central location give the hotel the most desirable destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotwire so you can book your Hotel Raito reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Raito Hotel Vietri Sul Mare
- Hotel Raito Vietri Sul Mare, Italy - Amalfi Coast