“The Avarage”

Ranked #19 of 33 Hotels in Kolimbia
Prague, Czech Republic
“The Avarage”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

First of all I would like to say that I really enjoyed our vacation in Greece. Despite the fact we were expecting a little bit something else.

ROOMS
There is a big difference between the quality of the individual rooms. After arrival we got one on the ground floor. It was surprise because the room didn't look like the ones in the pictures at all. It was really old furnished with white walls. But worse - paper walls. We could hear everything.
So after first night we asked the receptionist for other room on the last floor. She was very nice and the next day we got one with a beautiful view on the tsampika hill (and little bit of sea). I liked that room but not the old spring mattresses. Our room was cleaned daily. Also the towels were changed every morning.

HOTEL
It's a family hotel with friendly staff. The pool area was great. In 9 days we experienced only 1 night with entertainment. The beach was about 10 minutes walking distance. To the city center it took 20 minutes.

FOOD
I was looking forward the breakfast. Somebody said it was all the same everyday. True. But I didn't miss anything. Unfortunately the lunch and the dinner were worse. Poor meat, lack of fish, overcooked pasta and no fresh fruits (even on breakfast).

And that's all I can say about our stay. I'll definitely visit Greece again. But for the next time I'll choose something more comfortable to spend the nights.

Room Tip: Ask for the room on the last floor.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Karolina S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

The rooms were very basic, but clean. Not like the pictures on the internet at all, but okay when we got used to it.

Poolarea was very nice. Always availible sunbeds and they got a dusin new ones while we were there.

Poolbar and food was good. Good homemade greek food. If you dont like greek food, why go to greek?? Breakfast had cereals, fried eggs, omelett, scrambled eggs, bacon, bread, cheece, ham, jam and fruit. Lunsj and dinner always had a wide variety of salads. There were chicken, pork, fish, vegetable, rice, pasta and nice desserts. Drinks were beer, wine, longdrinks, coctails, juice and soft drinks.

The staff was friendly and helpful. They do not treat anyone as the queen, byt seriously.......what do you expect? I think they did a good job.

Overall it's a good hotel, but don't expect a 5-star, because it's not. You get what you pay for. I would recommend this hotel to others, but again.....it's not a 5-star.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Norw12
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

Me and my friend stopped at marianna palace in July and when we first arrived the room was not what we expected all all, it didn't look anything like it did on the Internet, the pool area was lovely and big but the pool bar should have opened earlier as it didn't open until 11, we found that the food was not nice at all there wasn't much to chose from and always seemed to be the similar foods everyday, we even went out 5 times to eat because we were fed up of the food, there was no entertainment on a night at all so come night it was very boring, the staff didnt speak or smile the one nice person was the man behind reception, I would visit Greece again but I wouldn't stop in this hotel

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Staceymartin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

Staying here after 20 years prior to Rhodes, hotel very clean food good, staff lovely yes a good cheap break oh yes lovely white towels always wins me over
They do need more sun beds as never enough unless your up at crack of dawn.A good beach taxi local harbour beach €7 via taxi well worth it

Room Tip: We had a pool view room very good
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Pam B
Swindon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

A group of 9 stayed June 2013. We got what we paid for. The hotel is at the back of the resort so a bit of a walk to the centre or the beach. The hotel was clean and the pool was lovelly but most of the sunbeds are broken and uncomfortable. The rooms are spacious and cleaning was excellent. Receptionist was very friendly and helpful....most of the staff were not! The unfriendly bar staff let this hotel down and it is not typical of Greek hospitality, so don't let this put you off Greece. The food was not bad, there is always something for every taste. The weather was glorious. If you are on a budget this hotel is ok. I would not return to this hotel because on my many visits to the Greek islands the thing that makes me want to return is the friendly Greek hospitality and there was none of that at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank jackielambeth
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

I stayed at Marianna for 4 weeks last year and 6 weeks this year. Nothing is perfect but I certainly can't fault it. There is always a good selection of food for all meals, can't understand the ones who go to Greece and only want English food. There is a selection for all nationalities..
The staff could do with a few more smiles sometimes but they are working long hours.
I will go back again either in September or next spring,not sure yet.
There is a very good selection of drinks on the all inclusive, OK they are local drinks but good. I even drank a few cocktails which I don't normally do.
Get a life some of you or pay a couple of grand for 5 * all in for 1 week in Faliraki!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Jan H
Sheffield
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed for a 7 nights and we booked this hotel because we wanted the option of all inclusive without being tied to the hotel.

We hired a car and drove from the airport. There was a power cut in Kolimbia and all the street lights were out. It proved to be hard to find the hotel and we had to ask at local hotel that had lights on. My biggest tip to anyone driving from the airport. Don't go down the main road to Kolimbia. Ignore the sign and drive about 200-300 metres past. Turn left into ROME street. This road takes you all the way into Kolimbia. At the end of the road turn right and then do a left into the first road (OSLO street) with the no entry signs. The gate to the hotel is immediately on the right!

The hotel staff were fine. They have to deal with some really difficult people (from ALL countries) with ridiculous expectations. If you pay a cheap price for all inclusive in Greece you can't expect them to be singing and dancing around! Give them a smile, say "calamera" and be polite. It is amazing how far this can get you!

The food is fine because you are in Greece! If you want English food then don't go to Greece. The salads were fantastic. On the flip side the selection of fruit was pretty poor especially at breakfast. I took my own bananas and nuts to have with my muesli and greek yoghurt.

We had breakfast everyday, lunch twice and dinner twice. I have nothing more to say than it is ok. If you expect better food then don't book a cheaper hotel.

The pool was lovely. Very big and deep so it made swimming in the sun very very nice! We didn't lie next to the pool at all. Not our cup of tea.

The beach close by was nice but I definitely recommend Tsambika beach next door. It is beautiful, sandy and the water is crystal clear!

The room itself was fine, very clean, new towels everyday. Maid service was very good. The shower was very powerful. We had balcony looking at the hills and it was fantastic sat outside in the evening. One problem was the pillows! They were wafer thin and we had to fold up beach towels to plump them up a bit.

What did frustrate me a little was the odd ons. Wifi was 15 euros extra. Air Con was 6 euros a day. Beach Towels were 10 euros each but this was a deposit we got back. The pool table was a bit tired but the table tennis was fun. I would rather pay a bit more and have it all included.

Ask at reception about the trips. They will book things for you.

Overall, the hotel was fine as a base. But if you want a holiday where you are tied to the hotel, I would recommend spending a little more.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bigmeads21
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kolimbia
SENTIDO Port Royal Villas & Spa
#29 of 129 in Rhodes Town
Hotel Anavadia
Hotel Anavadia
#25 of 33 in Kolimbia

Been to Marianna Palace? Share your experiences!