“Excellent holiday at Mikri Poli!”

Mikri Poli Rhodos Resort
Ranked #8 of 34 Hotels in Kolimbia
Reviewed June 8, 2014

We were here for a two weeks. The hotel was really very good. Staff (especially in reception) was very helpful and friendly. Food was good and tasty. Our room was cosy, clean, comfortable and had nice view. In the hotel area are wonderful gardens with olive, citrus, palm trees, cypresses and flowers. Beach was very clean, neat and nice, sea was clean too. So Mikri Poli Rhodes is great hotel at a good price, I recomend this hotel for families and I advise to choose family rooms or sea side suites. At the end I want to thank the hotel staff for a good holiday.

Vidas, Lithuania

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Vidas K

Reviewed May 23, 2014

Firstly, I would like tk say the hotel itself and the pools and facilities (pools, waterpark, multicourt and tennis court) are excellent.

However, after staying at the Mikri Poli Kos twice and the Carda Beach in Kos, the overall experience of the Rhodes Mirki Poli was very disapointing. Below are several issues we faced with both staff, concrete bricks and leaks throughout our 1 week stay;

Issue 1. 14/05. Arrived at hotel roughly 5pm. Unpacked and came to pool snack area for 5.50 to get 1 yr old boy food for tea as not eaten much over a long day of travelling. George had taken away the food claiming it was 6pm and clearly was 5.50. Then proceeded to argue with receptionist about the situation in a very aggresive manner infront of me and my wife. Eventually went away and brought out a small plate of salami cheese and bread proclaiming to have 'prepared' it for us. Early impressions - not good.

Issue 2. Floor in the room was so dirty upon arrival the soles of feet were black almost straight away. Toddlers hands and knees from crawling were also black from the dirt. Told reception who did send maid to mop and they left a bottle of wine in the room for this. Also the sheets in little boys crib hadnt been changed by the maids on second day and hadnt touched the crib as was how we had left it.

Issue 3. Took 1 yr old boy to Play Hotel for a short period. I spotted what looked like 2 foam play bricks on the seats. Horrifed to learn they were CONCRETE breezeblocks. Removed immediately and placed outside of the play area boundary. This is unbelievably bad and highly dangerous.

Issue 4. Luke warm shower and taps in bathroom. Again intermittant as sometimes can be a little warmer in shower but sink is generally luke warm water. Not good for cleaning baby bottles. General plumbing in bathroom is poor as bath taps and shower leak when on.

Issue 5. Intermittent room phone connection. When calling phone provider to activate usage abroad, was on hold and the phone died. This has also happend on an occasion when calling reception to request outside dial line. Reception claim phone in perfect working order and give 50% discount on call even tho same number was dialled 1 minute after but then i hung up after 1 minute of holding again consious of 1euro a minute charge. I approached reception to advise of the phone issue on monday lunchtime worried about the charge for what was a pointless call in the end. I offered a negotiation of a 10 euro phone settlement from 12.10 euro which was declined and was told to take up with travel operater.

Issue 6. Sunday my wife noticed when the toilet was flushed it kept flushing for around an hour. We then noticed a small leak from the toilet and called reception (female receptionist) who said they would send someone. Nobody showed and the toilet was slowly flushing water all night. When approached reception on the monday they had no record of this call to report the leak. Tuesday morning and the toilet issue is still ongoing.

Issue 7. Severe lack of high chairs available in restraunt for a heavily child populated hotel. Spend a while having to search around the restaraunt for a high chair. 1 occasion we asked the restaraunt manager for a high chair, he asked a colleague who brought a normal chair and wen he spotted we had an infant, he had a confused look on his face and put the chair down and disappeared to not return. And no high chairs at all in snack area for first few days of stay.

Issue 8. Having stayed at Mikri Poli Kos twice and Carda Beach Kos once, a general observation is the overall service is way below the service in the other hotels. We have stayed at Kos resort in May and had the air con but learnt wen arrvied here no air con. Advertised on website as air conditoning. Mis selling on website as air con not available until June. This isnt on the list as payable locally items therefore should be available.

George in the pool area snack bar is the most hostile man ive ever seen working in a hotel anywhere. Constantly sniping and arguing with female members of staff and is plain rude to holidaymakers.

Get the overall feeling that the hotel isnt fully operational with it being early season. Service receieved matches this.

Complimentary drinks in room. 1 coffee sachet, 10 sugars and 2 tea bags, no milk sachets. Bedsheets dont fit the bed. 5 inch gap showing mattress at each end.

Overall, I feel the Greece economic problems are now hitting home, and the overall Greece experience is now quite poor, with a terrible airport run on the way home with 3 flights checking into 2 check in desks. Then luggage belts were breaking and none of the toilets in the airport were functional with no working hand dryers or paper tissues. Seem to be cost cutting in all areas which will slowly see their tourism trade die off.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank DanPurps
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a week at the mikri poli. Nice enough hotel. Clean spacious rooms, plenty of pools to choose from. Not many Brits mostly Germans and Russians which was fine but they can be very ignorant, especially at meal times!!! My partner practically got shoved out the way when trying to get her meal one night as they don't believe in waiting.

Food was alright. Plenty to choose from but had a few occasions where my meat/fish wasn't cooked properly so avoided it the rest of the week. Greek salad was amazing! We tended to go to the snack bar by the pool for lunch which served salad, pizza, chips etc as the restaurant served the same food at lunch and dinner which was a bit disappointing.

Drinks were good, local beer, vodka etc was pleasant to drink. Felt a bit conned that you had to pay for cocktails though as I believe when u pay for all inclusive it should be ALL inclusive.

Also had to pay for air conditioning which is a bit rubbish, thankfully we didn't need it as it was quite cool at night and rained a few days. Had to be moved rooms within an hour of arrival as electricity went out. After the man from reception battered the electric box with a screwdriver for 10mins he decided to move us which I was happy about as second room had pool/sea view which you usually had to pay extra for. 25 euros to keep room on last day which is well worth it if your flight is Late night like ours.

Kolymbia is a 10 minute walk from the hotel and has a few shops and bars. Also 2 lovely beaches which I would recommend as hotel beach would be better described as a building site.

Visiting rodos old town is a must, beautiful scenery and plenty of bars/ restaurants. 35 euros in a taxi from hotel but 3.50 euros by bus.

All in all we had a lovely holiday. Would say the mikri poli is more 3 star than 4 but can't complain as we got it for a good price. Personally I wouldn't return here as it's more family orientated but ideal if you have kids as there is a water park in hotel. Never watched any of the entertainment as it was outside in the amphitheatre and sitting on a cold step isn't my idea of fun lol.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kpatz88
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Mikri poli is a great place! i love the staff, they are soooo Nice to me and my family. But Mattia has Bern a spesial person for me... He has a spesial place in my heart. But the robin that i got, was OK. The bad thing was that i have now that im writing this, i have 100 miskyro stings! But the good thing is that the rom was great in cleaness. The food was good, but i love the chips, i love also the working in the kiosk.
I will be Back ! Love Mikri poli❤️
PS: the dancers and the show at evening is wonderfull!

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed May 10, 2014

we ( me and my gf) were in micri poli from the 4th of may till the 8th of may . Lets start with the good things: It is an amazing place in the middle of nothing ( which for me is a good thing ) , the staff is amazing in particular the reception guys ( George and another woman of which I cannot remember her name ) , it is a very friendly place with comfortable room .
The food was much above my expectation and I can say that even for an Italian like me it was above all a good food . The best part of the Hotel in my opinion was the water park good for children and also adults . I really enjoyed my staying in Micri poli and so my girlfriend did.
I will now say some stuff that in my opinion need to be improved :
1st- a lot of important stuff were not free of charge for example safe box deposit , towels for the swimming pool and the air conditioning .
2nd- the beverage were absolutely not good . There was not even mineral water.
Anyways for the price we payed it was much above expectation and a very good hotel in particular for families .

Room Tip: no need to pay more for better rooms . They are all quite similar .
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank yair b
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Dear all
The Hotel is so amazing the staff so great from the reception, bar, restaurant etc , we booked this summer 2014 for Aug. above all the entertainment team they are so so good we love it. all in all you will never get bored.
best regards
Douglas Khoshaba
06/05/2014

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank khoshaba
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Stayed with my family- husband and a 15 months old son in September. Reception: nice people, helpful and smiling, speaking many languages. Rooms: clean, not luxury but very cozy, not too large but spacy enough for a family. We got a 4bed room however we booked a baby cot (for free) so it was pleasant- we did not pay for a third bed (for a child under 2 years) and our son slept in a normal bed (what is he used to). I guess, most of families with babies got a room on a ground floor to have an easy access to the room with a babyroller as well. By the way, the sleeptime was very quiet however the hotel was nearly full. A minibar with a bottle of water, a kettle with a choose of tasty teas and instant coffee were pleasant trifles. Towels were changed anytime we had left tham on the floor. Another plus for the families: You can borrow a baby monitor (for free I guess), so you can enjoy swimming and drinking while your baby sleeps in the room.
Laundry room with three washmachines and an iron as well are usefull too. You just buy tokens by the reception and choose the cycle- detergent.
There are four pools for adults, so you are never too far from a pool (ten steps from our room to the water), and two pools for children and babies (one of tham has a sunshade- so the babies do not get sunburned-, and a very small baby slide). „Minitoilets“ by the baby pools were sweet. We spent most of the time by these baby pools- the place was not as noisy as the main pool area and there were always enough free sunbeds. And it was still not too far from an „upper“ pool bar, where was a nice lady, always welcoming and trying to make the best and tasty coctails for us (had a large choose of liquers). Soft drinks, beer and not bad red and white wine too.
Food was tasty – a good choice of anything, every day was „thematic“ dinner. The coffee for the breakfast was not bad... and we especially loved a really large choice of pastry for the breakfast (my son did not eat anything else ) And those amazing cakes after our dinners... The barbecue restaurant is a lovely and rather quiet place! The personnel was regardful and was no problem to bring a cup of soup from the main restaurant for our little son! Really nice.
The beach was good, clean, not too noisy but definitely not one of the bests in my life. Partly sandy partly small stones were not good for my son, so we walked a few minutes right side towards another hotels. My hsband would stay by the pool all the time ;).
One thing with another, it was one of my best holidays! (Heared that Mikri Poli hotel was on Crete island too, so we would like to visit it too...)

Room Tip: If you have got a babyroller, ask a room on the ground floor. The buildings farther from the beach h...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank LauraL2020
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kolimbia
Sentido Port Royal Villas & Spa
Esperides Beach Family Resort
Irene Palace Beach Resort
Irene Palace Beach Resort
#15 of 34 in Kolimbia

Been to Mikri Poli Rhodos Resort? Share your experiences!