We have just returned from a weeks stay at the Atlantica. It was their first week of opening, so upon arrival they kept the restaurant open from 10pm-2pm for all the guests, including those that had been delayed on thier journeys. All of the staff when we arrived and during our stay were friendly, helpful and couldn't do enough for you. The family rooms are great - the children's single beds (in our case) are separated via a partition & sliding door - however the partition only goes up 8ft - the room is probably 10ft high! We stayed in Rm155 - it was clean, we had fresh towels each & every day and the beds are indeed extremely comfy. There is a fridge you can use, and is stocked with a couple of bottles of water & juice. The corridors can be noisey with people coming & going, but it was fine. We had a problem with the shower which was quickly rectified. We ate in the main restaurant throughout (the terrace for lunch wasn't open yet) and the food in the restaurant is great - a wide varied selection (more local food would be great too though) and there is something for everyone including a kids corner with a buffet at their height, ikea cups & plates, knives & forks etc. They also have a microwave. Yiannis is the Maitre'D in the restaurant and is fantastic - he helped our 6yr old with various items (helping carry her oj & lemonade (cocktails!), finding sprinkles for ice-cream when there wasn't any). Outside, there are 3 pools interlinked and two further separate pools for kiddies. But mind, at the moment, they are a little chilly. It is quieter at the end furthest from the hotel, but it can be windy! Overall, I am glad we chose the venue, we had a great time & it was great to get back to Rhodes. The Thomson kids team are great, friendly & so are the european family team who combine for the entertainment in the evening. And finally, yes there are mosquitos, some we heard got really nasty bites - luckily we didn't get any but take some spray & cream as a preventative measure. Need to know: handsoap & shower soaps are ina dispenser in the bathrooms; a safe can be rented for the week for 20 euros (non refundable) and don't bother taking beach towels - for 10 euros each you can get towels from the shop (& change them every other day) you are given a ticket at reception & this is refundable upon towel return. The shop under the hotel only takes cash - if you are going in the next 4 weeks take enough euros with you for the week - the banks seem to be unaware the cash machines need refilling! All 3 machines in walking distance of the hotel were empty! And remember, you are in a part of Greece, their toilet system isn't as here in the UK and you have to bin it NOT flush it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The location of this hotel offers the most amazing views of the sapphire Mediterranean seas. The perfect place for families and children of all ages. So much to do, no one will ever be bored. If you're travelling with little ones, they'll have a ball splashing around in the children's pool and letting off steam in the playground. Direct access to the beach, club- style facilities and organized activities make the Atlantica Agean Blue the ideal holiday for everyone! Number of rooms :396 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Bookgreece.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Atlantica Aegean Blue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Atlantica Aegean Blue Hotel Kolimbia
- Atlantica Aegean Blue Hotel
- Hotel Atlantica Aegean Blue
- Atlantica Aegean Blue Rhodes, Greece