“Hotel suited our needs well”

Memphis Beach Hotel
Ranked #25 of 34 Hotels in Kolimbia
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Mum and I stayed here for two weeks, having traveled here for my sons wedding.
We liked that we were right in the centre of things, and just a nice stroll from the beach. The Memphis sometimes seemed like a little refuge place after busy days out, very laid back. The staff were lovely, great reception lady, cleaning staff who learnt me some Greek, bar guy and dining staff were all very nice. Bus stop right outside which was handy. Would recommend for anyone looking for nice little homely feeling place
On a downside....You get a 10 percent discount at the supermarket belonging to the hotel, but the staff in there that we met were so rude and only gave5 percent. Anyway, I wouldn't bother with that unless you can stand downright rude as customer service. (sorry Memphis, I know its not directly connected to you).
So, I would say don't let the supermarket lady spoil your day, and smile anyway. (But remember not to go in there again). And I know I go on, but there were others we spoke too who had been treated the same way.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank sheri494

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Where to start... We have just returned from this beautiful hotel. I don´t understand, how anybody can say, that this is bad hotel. I love it! Stuff is very friendly, happy, but proffesional. This hotel consist of 3 buildings, where you can stay. We stayed at the last building, room 512. Very nice, comfy and very, very, very clean room, comfortable beds, perfect bathroom, spacious terrace. If you stay here, pay for aircon - there is very hot, some mosquitoes and mainly very loud rooster. Really! :) And Kolymbia is very lively place full of bars, discos and karaoke :D Food was excellent, I love their pasta and meat. Breakfast was simple, but no problem. I only din´t like their sausages. Drinks were OK, we like their beer and wine, my boyfriend likes their coctails. Night barman was absolutely the best showman! :) However all staff is perfect! This hotel is very close to the beach - only few minutes. Beach is clean, spacious, water clean and refreshing, almost no waves, clean toilets and shower free of charge. We payed for beach umbrella and two chairs (8 EUR per day). OK, if you want nice, relaxing holiday, go there! But pay for aircon!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Smallicek
Reviewed July 9, 2013

It was my first time on Rhodes island, not in Greece, so I could compare. The hotel is situated about 3 minutes walk from the beach, which is nothing special but OK for some rest and swimming. Two sunbeds with umrella were for 8 €, shower included.
Its location is very good, it is not far from the airport (about 30 min), its close to Rhodes Capital, Lindos and many other interesting places. The eastern cost of the island, where this hotel is situated, has better clima and smaller waves, almost no wind.
The hotel is a small family run hotel, providing all inclusive program which is not that rich as you may be used from Turkey or Egypt huge hotel resorts, but food in Memphis hotel was simply delicious. The cook really knows what to do. Every day there was a choice of diet meat and some pork or beef, plus pasta, rice etc. Usually choice of two deserts plus ice cream and a salad bar as a starter. Breakfast were also enough, OK for one week stay, for longer stays could become bit monotonous, but still OK.
Room was not so big, but who stays in his room during holidays... We had a small balcony with sea view where we could watch beautiful sunrise. The room was perfectly cleaned every day. The only problem we wad were moskitos. If you forgot to close the balcony door, you could prepare for a very passionate night with moskito bites. Once, during the evening I killed more than 20. From that time we paid for A/C and it was OK. A/C cost 7 € per night and it is really neccessary since you don't wish to be eaten alive.
There were enough sunbeds around the pool, but we weren't there at the high season so I can't say how does it look in July or August. You should bring your own towel, because there are no towels given by the pool or the beach. Sunbeds quality should be better, they are not very comfy for longer stay.
There is a PC with internet connection at the lobby, which is quite expensive. 1 hour is for 3 €, 10 hours - 7€ and 24 hours - 10€.
I can really recommend renting a car or a scooter in advance, because you save a lot. We rented a car from local company - Kosmos car and we got great price - 5 days for 125€. There is a big car park in front of the hotel. Natural is quite expensive, about 1,7-1,8 € / liter.
All in all, we were very satisfied in this hotel and planning to come back in September or October.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Kinginrin
Reviewed April 22, 2013

i dont know from where to start...It was an amazing vacation for me. The hotel was great, i really love the two big pools and the big rooms!!Breakfast was very good for its price. People that working there are the best! They really help me out with everything i wanted! A girl name Vasiliki,was like a true friend to us and she answered every question we made!!
Will be back again for sure!!See you again memphis! Kisses!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank maria m
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Nice hotel at the center of the Kolimbia village. It is a little village with some pubs, grocery shops and rental car facilities. Well, don't go there if you are looking for late night entertaintment. Go to Faliraki or Rodhes town for that.

There are two beaches, one very close to the hotel and another one to the another side of the village. The last is the best one, you can do water sports also. Make a left when you go out to the hotel, at the Oasis pub make a right, go straight, at the pharmacy make a left, after make a right and go down the stairs. There is a nice beach. Great sea and sand.

Food good for an international all inclusive. Pasta and meat every day, plus salads. No greek specialties at all.

Room clean but too many very small insects in the bathroom. Don't ask me what the hell they are.

Definitively I would come back again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank luca_Trip82
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The location of the hotel is perfect. It's about 3 minutes to a nice beach and 2 minutes to the village. The meals were pretty good, our room was very clean every day. The only disadvantage is that you have to pay for the air condition otherwise you'll be eaten by mosquitos! But it's kind of reasonable, because the price we payed was very low. Overall it was very good. However I the kind of person who stays at the hotel as little time as possible. Rhodos itself is one of the most beautiful destinations in the whole Europe! One of the best things is the size of the island. You can easily see all the places by renting a scooter. I definitely recommend to visit Lindos, Tsambika beach and the capital.

Room Tip: Get some room in the first floor. There is pretty much no view from the higher floors anyways, so yo...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Czechplaya
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I couldn't have had a better welcome from the staff when I recently returned to the Memphis Beach Hotel for my summer holidays. From the smashing little lady who was there in the early morning to welcome folks with a good strong cup of coffee, the the lovely lady who was on duty in the evening. All the staff provided excellent service. Special mention to the multi-lingual receptionists, the lively and friendly barman, and top marks to the housekeeping staff. The rooms were absolutely spotless, the ladies who serviced the rooms daily did a wonderful job in heat in the mid 40s. The grounds were immaculate, cutting the grass in those temperatures is dedication. Also the serving and kitchen staff who produced food of a consistent high standard, with an ample choice and range of dishes. There was no evidence to the guests of the difficulties Greece is suffering. Recommend to those looking for a guaranteed sunshine, relaxing, stressfree holiday.

Room Tip: The studios are large rooms for multiple groups, or the rooms at the end of the blocks.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo