All reviews fantastic ambience animation team mini club pool bar british guests aqua gym sea view moment you arrive table tennis moussaka the hotel staff per day each evening great holiday greece greatings hairdresser
Selected filters
Reviewed September 17, 2018

Very nice,light and clean rooms with a great view of the beach. Going on a holiday with all the family between 8 and 80 years is not so easy, but this place was perfect for everybody. The kids were playing all day in the big swimming pool or table tennis in the beautiful garden, while the rest of the family was discovering the Island with the car rent directly in the hotel. The most beautiful beach of the island is just 10 minutes away and You can reach Lindos and Rhodes in less than 30 minutes.But if You prefer relaxing in the hotel, You surely won't get bored with plenty of things to do.The hotel staff is extremely friendly and we had a lot of fun together. Thanks to everybody for this wonderful time!

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank CharlotteRoma
Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here 29th Aug-12th Sept,2018.We booked this holiday months before we stayed and had emailed them months prior to our stay requesting if it would be possible to have regular chicken souvlaki as I dont eat ham,pork,beef,lamb,etc and they said yes that wouldn't be a problem.However,when we arrived at reception in the evening we were greeted with "ah,English,chicken,why chicken"?And both the man and woman evening receptionist both very sarcastically burst out laughing,which we knew was setting the scene of a shambolistic,unwelcome stay.They had taken our money (alot may I add) and now they were treating us with disrespect within the first 5 minutes of our stay.
We went to our "renovated seaview room",room 1325,one of the most expensive rooms.In the morning we had a prime view of the sea but mainly the hotel next door and a vile close up view of rubble wasteland and large bin areas (see photos),the hotel next door was EXTREMELY LOUD with nonstop thudding techno music from morning until approx 12.30a.m with intervals of their animation team on booming loudspeakers.
Then the real holiday from hell began the next day,THE FOOD.
In all fairness breakfast not too bad,although 1 of the days they thought theyd stop making porridge at 9 a.m when the first lot had been eaten,i asked for some more be made,only for them to put raw,uncooked oats into swimming milk. Another day when I was getting porridge the ladle handle became loose and fell apart only for me to find they had bound it with sticky tape!!! I was appalled by the hygiene risk,I didnt have my phone on me otherwise I wudve taken a photo! I want to state breakfast is 7am-10 a.m although you wouldnt think so with some of the attitudes.Baked beans wasnt on the menu daily yet they would put 2 pork products on i.e processed cheap bacon and small sausages (they cater mainly for their German customers).
All food was cheap and extremely poor quality,the majority was unedible,when we complained to the restaurant manager and manageress they offered to do me souvlaki in the 2nd week,I was so angry at the poor standard of everything by then (not to mention the evil glares from their "chef") that I declined.They had a couple of chicken dishes but it tasted rancid and the chicken was brown inside,yuk!I resorted to chips off the junior food table at lunchtime,I even tried the fish fingers,GREY,CHEAP,AWFUL RANCID taste,unedible.Also cheese,hard crusty.sweating cheese that shouldnt have been served.Alot of food would be recycled from the day before.The pop was very cheap and soapy tasting.We spent a fortune on eating out,the only good food there is the fruit e.g bananas,melon,grapes and the hazlenuts,walnuts.
Our room,the beds,mattresses were o.k.However,the cleaner did NOT change our bedding for the last 4 days of our stay,so no tip for her.
There were cracks in the 'renovated' room walls,and we noticed when we returned from a day out someone had been in and had put fresh paint over it without using wall filler,very weird! When we did a small amount of hand washing in the bathroom sink and we let the water out of the plug the water would gurgle and come up through the bathroom floor drain hole and mainly up through the shower plug hole with bits of dirt and a stench of dirty drains YUK!Also the showers were really badly designed,a big gap in the door and no matter how careful you were you would end up with a big pool of water on the bathroom floor.Also they had a hairdryer in the bathroom right next to the sink,this safety hazard would be illegal in the U.K. The balcony outside was very small.
Although we went All Inclusive its not all inclusive,people pay extra for sunbed towels,games,wifi,safe and theres no snacks available during meal times.
The aquarium bar that opens early evenings is ridiculous,we regularly saw a long queue of people lining up to get served their all inc drinks.The hotel has no ambience of relaxation or a proper holiday where the customer is treated with respect.I would not stay here again even if someone payed me to.There is NO way this place is a 4* hotel,I would not even give it 2*.The pool is old and dirty and strongly over chlorinated,nearly every sunlounger is broken in the overly weed ridden garden and even the giant chess pieces are old and broken rather like the hotel.We feel angry we wasted such a lot of money on such a shambolic place as this.I have stayed in other 4* hotels that have very high standards and treat their customers very well,the Irene Palace was the opposite of this.The Irene is far from a palace.This is an unbiased,accurate review.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank mandy_darby100
Reviewed July 18, 2018 via mobile

The hairdresser Maria at Hotel Irene Palace, Kolymbia, Rhodes, is one of the main reasons we come back to Rhodes. She is so good! Today was my 4th time I visited her and could not be happier. My 2 boys and husband have also started to visit her (2nd time for them today). She is the best hairdresser I have ever met. Best kept secret in Rhodes.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank JohansMichaela
Reviewed July 5, 2018

All together I have to say that the hotel is nice, rooms were clean, but toilets and carpets on the second floor where our room was needed to be renewed.
The restaurant had plenty of choices and the food was good.
Entertainment for kids was great! They didn't want to leave the hotel as they had to go to the "mini club".
Swimming pool was good, deep on one side and shallow on the other so that everybody could enjoy it. There was a second pool for babies with 20 cm of water and a 3rd round pool with hydromassage.
The hotel is directly on the beach and has a big garden.

Room tip: 1st and 3rd floor have been renewed while 2nd floor not yet, so I wouldn't choose the 2nd.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank MikRo73
Reviewed June 12, 2018

I think this hotel is not bad but its small for activities which you can do for your own so there are lots of animators but the best from them is Momi. Because he can motivate you to do something else

Room tip: pokoje od 1000 cca do 1100 jsou starší, Ujdou ale jsou starší.
Date of stay: June 2018