My wife and I decided to visit this hotel for the first time for a mid October week, after looking at it for a number of years.
We have been to a number of the Atlantica group hotels and this hotel seemed to offer a wide range of room selections and more space outside.
We weren't disappointed, we were looked after from the moment we arrived, until we left.
The hotel itself is gorgeous, with little positive things such as a 'pillow menu', which really is very welcome.
We tended to eat in the Atrium most evenings, as we enjoyed the quietness and personal touch.
We ate in the Al a carte once during our stay and really enjoyed the experience. It is slightly frustrating though, to have to pay for a quality piece of steak when we used the 'stone grill' option.
All the staff were extremely friendly and were happy to talk to us, even though they were very, very busy.
We stayed in a beach front suite. Once we got used to having passers by looking into our room, as they passed by we really settled down. We also really enjoyed the convenience of lying on our own cabana right outside our door.
There a couple of niggly little negatives, for instance, the outrageous cost of hiring a, far to small safe for a week, and also, that I had to renew the gym key fob on a daily basis (I actually lost interest in going to the gym as I couldn't be bothered doing this everyday). Locating the gym was very interesting, as the very small gym is not where you think it should be, next to the spa, but tucked away on the top floor as far from the public areas as possible - Very strange.
As we went mid October, the local area (hotels and shops) was fast closing down for the season, which made walking/running around it,a bit depressing.
The beach is fine, although sandy in places and lots of pebbles in others.
Overall, we were very impressed, and have cancelled a planned Summer 2013 holiday to Crete and booked a swim up room here.
Thankyou to all the staff who have worked so very hard to ensure a great experience for us.
Looking forward to seeing you in July 2013. Gary & Lorna
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adults only resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Bookgreece.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Atlantica Imperial Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantica Imperial Hotel Kolimbia
- Atlantica Imperial Resort Rhodes
- Hotel Atlantica Imperial
- Atlantica Imperial Rhodes
- Atlantica Imperial Resort & Spa Rhodes, Greece