Holiday Village Rhodes
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
SunConnect Kolymbia Star(Kolimbia)(Great Value!)
$75
Elvoline
  • Pool
$108
  • Breakfast included
Kolymbia Beach Hotel(Kolimbia)(Great Value!)
$107
Mistral Hotel(Kolimbia)
Marathon Hotel(Kolimbia)
HotelQuickly
  • Pool
2,445 results
All reviewsdeluxe arearelax areaactivity areafirst choicehigh ropesfootball academydeluxe sideswim up roomkids clublazy riveradult barsports bardeluxe poolswim academyswimming lessonswater parkevening entertainment
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 7, 2011

I don't normally write reviews but read so many before coming here and found them so useful I thought it was only right I be of the same help to anyone considering going here. First off dont worry about anything... book with confidence and look forward to a very enjoyable holiday! The retaurant staff in particular are excellent with a special mention for Elena (whom my daughter 6 and son 1 took a real liking to!), Dimitris who made everyone, especially the children, very welcome and last but not least Katerina who always made a special effort to speak with my son whos eyes followed her everywhere....thank you to you all for adding to the enjoyment of our holiday! For the women...I'll come back to the long list of what may help you. For the men..The beer and wine is very drinkable, the weather is nice and there are kids clubs so you and your wife can get a bit of time together ;-) . The rooms are lovely ..on the down side (if you could call it that there was a box of screws left in our room - an attempt at repairing the towel rail that wasn't very secure and I found the pillows a bit hot. I thinks they rerhaps had some kind of protective material under the pillowcases which made my head sweat a bit much. Aircon is good though so not a huge problem. For the women - loads of wardrobe and drawer space.. plenty for our family of 4.. Nice touch with the internal lighting when you open the doors - I would probably go for a room with a bath next time as the design of the shower was such that it was impossible to stop the floor getting very wet and slippy (a bit worrying for a nasty fall) - There was a kettle, cups and glasses etc which I wasn't aware of and had bought a travel kettle to boil water for my sons milk - We were in a family swim up room on the relax side- I would want the sliding doors dividing our sleeping space again .. it helped the kids get off to sleep if the couldn't see us- The sliding patio doors also has a half height door which could be closed over while the others were opened. My GHDs worked absolutely fine with the two pin adaptor! Bonus! -The patio had 2 sun beds and a table and 4 chairs and as I said our room was a swim up .... into what felt like very cold water! Nice enough when you were in...but not for too long. - Quite a lot of the swim up rooms are in the shade most of the day so if you like to bake & tan you may have to lie out somewhere else. It didn't worry us though as we are all fair skinned and didn't want to lie out for too long. - Dont bother taking up case space with beach towels either...you can pay a returnable deposit for a couple of towels that can be changed 3 times in the week) I wish I had taken more lightweight cardis for evening when the wind gets up it can be a little on the cool side - be early if your child wants to attend any of the kids clubs as spaces are limited and there were a few disappointed children (and parents!) on occasion - some of them are payable but not overlt expensive but most were free. Our daughter attended 4 when we were there and enjoyed them very much (on the down side they forgot to give her her free hat & T-shirt :-( ). Entertainment was good enough ...and it got even more enjoyable as the evening went on...the more cocktails you had.... But seriously it was good and the kids just loved it. Great dancer Sean -what an energy that boy has! During the day we spent most mornings in the water park area which is very well designed for various ages of child - the self serve drinks area there was useful too serving Pepsi, Fanta, 7Up, fruit juices and water (I wasn't aware there was water included either as First Choice had informed me I would need to buy bottled in the shop there). 2 minute walk to the bar area serving other drinks and ice creams so it was a good place to spend the day. Apologies to anyone still reading I didnt realise I had so much to say! Any blokes still reading must be Gay. Look out for the floor in the main foyer area it did get wet occasionally and extremely slippery as I found out when carrying my son to baby change - ouch. There is a shop in the main building which was quite useful with inflatables - about $17 and inflated there for you, papers, toys, suntan lotions (same price as here if you want to save case space), sweeties, selection of clothing, souveniers etc - the usual. Im going to finish up now with my only real negatives - My daughter bought some First Choice merchandise on sale - a Ghost for $10 (a bit expensive and not great quality) and she laid it down and another kid picked it up and off with it. Disappointed that the parents hadn't returned it or handed it in I asked the presenter Shep to ask if anyone had picked it up. 1 minute later he came back out on stage and typical bloke he had forgotten. My daughter was devastated and it spoiled the night for her, our 2nd last. I spoke to a rep the next day which of course was then too late to get it back and not much they could do. Next evening I gave in and bought another. I have to say I found that a little dissappointing that they didnt just give her another to apologise for not announcing it the night before - they must cost First Choice next to nothing and it would have been a nice touch. Not much to moan about then - go and have a lovely time and I hope something here has been useful to you. First choice rep on arrival told us just to go outside and our coach was up on the right .... well there were about 50 coaches and no-one knew where they were going ... could have been better organised - get the coach number!

Room Tip: family room with dividing doors and a bath
8  Thank s111okn
Reviewed July 7, 2011

We stayed at this hotel in June, 3 of us, daughter aged 6 loved everything especially dancing to the chocolate and the kids club. We thought that we had booked into the relax area but ended up the activity area, it was handy being near all of the ameneties but the only negative was the loud speakers outside our room. Most people were not happy and many people put towels over them or tried to unplug them, they aren't needed as the music is quite loud anyway. Silly idea!! The room was a family room with sliding doors which our daughter loved. The food was excellent as were the entertainment staff. I would recommend this hotel and have booked for next year in the delux section away from the speakers. Carl the liason guy was really knowledgeable and helpful. The location is not the best as oposite the hotel looks loke Clampetsville but hopefully this will change in time. We booked 2 trips, one was to Lindos and Rhodes old town which was very good and the guide was excellent. the acropolis is not suitable for very young kids though as there is a very long drop into the sea without any railings. We also booked the family fun boat trip which was only ok, we couldn't actually get to the first beach as we had to swim for about a mile to get to it and several people couldn't swim at all. This was also a problem at the second beach as you still have to swim a short way in, the boat had no steps leading into the shallower water unless you jumped from the boat which we had to do, children had to be passed down this way. The reps should stress that this is not suitable for non swimmers. Our rep was not very good either, he was so bad at face painting that only 2 of the kids managed to actually get their faces painted and he spent most of his time sunbathing on the deck while we were on the beach. I heard that the morning trip was very good though as they had a different rep. Taxis are very expensive but buses are quite cheap. we wanted a traditional greek night out with the dancing etc and Carl organised this for us, it was excellent and well worth it. It cost 22 euros per person which included a huge meze, drinks and dancing but the taxi was also 22 euros each way. However if you go in a group it is definately worth it.

Room Tip: We had a room on the activity side which was excellent for the amenities but as stated the down side were the speakers.
3  Thank walesross
Reviewed July 6, 2011

We had a fantastic 2 weeks at the Holiday Village Rhodes. We travelled during the first 2 weeks in June with our two children aged 9 and 6. We had a lovely room on the activity side, a few steps from our terrace and we were in the pool! Very clean with plenty of space. The maids cleaned every other day!
The food was lovely, even though we were there for two weeks I didnt find it that repetitive. Food was always hot with plenty on offer. We tried the A La Carte restaurants but you need to book early to get a table during your stay.
The kids entertainment was excellent, Shaun, Lucy, Billy and Abbie work really hard, and especially Shep who made my holiday! His dancing was hysterical, although he did improve towards the end of our stay. Kids loved Russel the Brussel and we all had a good laugh posting jokes and poems. Shep was a really good sport in reading some of them out!
We only ventured outside of the hotel a couple of times. There is not a lot outside the hotel. We hired a car and went to Rhodes town. Nigel from Rodos car hire in reception was really helpful. We also booked a 3 hour boat trip with the Star Bar over the road from the hotel. This was lovely and we got to visit a few small coves and do a bit of snorkelling.
All in all, it was the first time we had been to a holiday Village and it certainly wont be the last, would like to try another one next year but am worried that the others may not live up to Rhodes! The children had a fantastic holiday which made our holiday all the more relaxing and enjoyable. I think we will be listening to the Widgets Party Hits for a long time to come!! Aaarggghhh!! We met some lovely people and all the staff were pleasant and helpful. I will certainly be reccomending this holiday village! A++

2  Thank eddierobey
Reviewed July 6, 2011

recently returned from Holiday Village Rhodes, we as a family have been on several all inclusive holidays and this was by far the best!, spotlessly clean, staff very helpful and friendly , lovely clean room , good food , good service and good kids entertainment, as a family you couldnt ask for more!, the first choice reps were very good aswel. only downside was the evening entertainment was mainly focused for under 10,s so my 15 year old daughter used to get slightly bored, would have been nice for a club house of some kind for the teens. however the entertainment staff work very hard and put on a great show every night! my 3 year old loved it!..

3  Thank Julie160174
Reviewed July 5, 2011

,we loved it and will be back , my 10 year old had a ball , and was involved with all the great activities, the relax area has the only swim up bar in the resort, the activity area seemed to be very busy, and those we met who stayed there ,found it difficult to get a sunbed , the food was fantastic ,and was always replaced well before the trays ran out in the main restaurant , the greek and italian were also very good (beware the greek restaurant has 7 starters) so make sure you have a light lunch, I dont understand the bad reveiws, as we were very happy with the holiday all the staff are great with all the kids and make you feel very wellcome. the place is spotless and is very very well maintained, overall great holiday, only negitive is the location ,it is in the middle of no where, which does not really matter as you dont have to leave, the entertainment for children is very modern ,and the kids love it (I was mostly in the sports bar when this went on) but my kids loved it .
The MacLachlans

Room Tip: Use the shops outside for buying lilos water ect
2  Thank tcarr2