My friend and I have just arrived back today and we both had a really wonderful all inclusive holiday. I don't usually write reviews but felt that this hotel Cant understand some of the previous poor reviews as our own experience was first class.
Our room was very nice with comfortable beds and pillows. It was well maintained and clean. We had a problem on arrival with air conditioning but once I had contacted reception they were onto it immediately and we were offered another room and was pleased with alternative. The staff reacted swiftly and the issue was resolved. We understood that in a big establishment things can break down same as if you were at home.
The location could not have been better it was right on the beach and towels and loungers were available free. Sun loungers were plentiful around the pools and on the beach but as in many hotels its first come first served. We managed to get loungers everyday.
The food for all meals was excellent with a huge variety on offer with salad bar, pasta bar , grill,hot food choices, sweets, Fresh fruits like figs, pineapple, melon, grapefruit as well as usual oranges and apples, cheeses , ice cream and much more we were amazed at the choice,
Drinks were freely available with meals wine, beer and soft drinks on tap as well as all the usual drinks and cocktails at the pool bar where the staff get to know the guests and even remember what you like!. Again this area was managed well and kept clean with staff making regular checks to ensure no rubbish was left hanging around.
The staff were attentive and table cleared quickly and areas kept clean.
By far the thing that made this holiday memorable for us was the Animation Team. They worked tirelessly all day and evening long to ensure that guests were entertained and they were without doubt absolutely OUTSTANDING!. Although we only joined in a couple of the activities we enjoyed the theatre shows, Disco Inferno, Lord of the Dance and Abba nights and loved watching the darts and taking part in the music quiz....ooozo ooozo ooozo !!! (Team manager Nemo may change the drink in the future though) ha ha ha . Every member of the animation team made contact with us and ensured we joined in but did not push if we preferred not to, I don't usually join in but they made it so much fun I am so glad I did. I promise you will come away humming and dancing to the music they play and get you up dancing to!. Thank you guys!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. 4-star Sunshine Rhodes is situated on the sandy pebbled beach in the ancient town of Ialyssos, 7 km from the city of Rhodes. Guests have access to a private beach, 3 pools and a tennis court. The Rhodes Sunshine offers air-conditioned, elegant rooms, some of which enjoy sea views. Each is equipped with a bathroom with hairdryer. In-room facilities include a mini fridge and satellite TV. Wi-Fi access is provided upon charge. Dionissos Restaurant serves breakfast and lunch buffets. Mamma Mia Restaurant serves Italian cuisine and the Sunshine Bars serve cocktails and juices. Mountain bikes are available to rent and aerobics classes are provided. Younger guests can have fun in the children’s pool or the playground. Butterfly Valley is 16 km away. Diagoras Rhodes International Airport is at 6 km. Free private parking is possible on site. Families particularly like the location — they rated it 8 for a stay with kids. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Sunshine Rhodes Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunshine Vacation Club Rhodes Hotel Ialyssos
- Sunshine Vacation Hotel
- Holiday Sunshine
- Sunshine Rhodes Hotel Ialyssos