Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,229 results
All reviews animation team rhodes town half board close to the hotel flight path breakfast and dinner car hire kids pool pool bar every evening table tennis water polo family room fantastic holiday main restaurant ice cream sunbeach
Selected filters
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We have stayed in Sun Beach for a week. Beautiful and clean hotel with helping stuff. Our kids enjoy the pool and the activities. The hotel located in an area with plenty restaurants, bars and mini markets. We had our best meal in Cactus restaurant, 200m from our hotel. It is really worth to visit Rhodes town, Lindos and Monolithos. We will definitely come back in Sun Beach!

2  Thank Niels L
Reviewed June 19, 2014

If all you want is a local parade of shops a pebble beach and a pool then the hotel is probably fine. Service was OK, but hot food was mostly tepid. Very noisy hotel with a lot of young families, which really didn't suit us. Aircraft also fly over at regular intervals especially if you are on the beach side of the complex. Rooms though were generally very good, clean and quite large with decent facilities. To sum up if you have a young family this may well suit you, they have kids clubs and entertainment. The area around the hotel consists of shops, cafes, bars and restaurants, but the area around them is a bit run down. There are plenty of nicer places to stay on Rhodes.

Room tip: Get a hotel near Rhodes town or the nicer part of Falraki which has some fantastic looking hotels further up the coast back towards Rhodes town.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank AndrewKen
Reviewed June 19, 2014

We booked through Booking.com. The Hotel did not answer our requests about the rooms. We got rooms in different buildings i spite I did explain we were a large family and wanted rooms near each other. We had to add 40 Euros a day to "upgrade" to a garden wiev room wich really was a street wiev room with a lot of noise and exhaust from the busses parking right under the balcony. I was really disappointed. The staff were unfriendly, not willing to help at all. NB! EVERYTHING costs extra money-do not expext any service at all.

Room tip: Ask for a room with sea wiev - garden wiev is really street wiev.
5  Thank Kirmat865
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We stayed at The Sun Beach 2 weeks ago, as part of a 3 Island Tour.The Hotel is under the Rhodes Airport Flight Path,so there is noise from Aircraft during the day and evening.We were with Saga so we had our own tables reserved in the Restaurant. This allowed us to ignore the queues that built up particularly at Breakfast. The food was fine from the Buffet, and Staff were good. The bar Staff were pleasant and efficient.The Pool was fine, but the Loungers were uncomfortable,with a bar across from the Headrest. Loungers were in short supply when the Hotel was full. Access to the stony Beach was a short walk from the Hotel. The Rooms were fine,with hot water,and a good balcony.The Entertainment in the Evening was hit and miss.Some nights were just for the very young.Abba night was excellent.The Greek Night Extra was also a good evening.There were no kettles in the Room, and you could hire Pool Towels from Reception.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank John T
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We visited the hotel early June. We have kids 9 and 6 yo.

We chose the hotel because of it's pool areas and they didn't let us down. They were just about perfect for the kids who can barely swim. The pools were not heated and therefore I can't recommend them earlier in the spring. It's always windy at this side of Rhodes and therefore you can get easily cold once you get wet. Finally, the pool area was very well kept. There weren't any broken tiles and cleaners were doing great job in morning.

All of the hotel staff were helpful and there were lots of smiles all the times. They made us feel good.

We had a breakfast option and we also had buffet dinner twice in Artemis restaurant. I would say that the breakfast had plenty of choice but there were too many sweet things for my taste. I also would have liked to have my bacons more throughly grilled. It was worth of every penny though.
The dinner was okayish. The main course meats were not so great. I found olives and capricots fantastic. Overall, it wasn't disappointing but not so great either. 3 out of 5 I think.

The room we had was situated on the ground floor and it was spacious enough and well kept. However, the matresses were hard as rock! For me it was fine because I like them that way but I can imagine some find them terrible. Air condition wasn't working at all times but it was still sufficient.

Animation team was busy during the whole day but can't say anything about the level as I didn't attend them. Water gym and zumba were really popular though.

The hotel was situated quite in the middle of Ialyssos, a small town that is. We had a building where you needed to cross a road to get on the beach. I didn't find anything to see within 4 km radius but there were plenty of places to have dinner or lunch and many stores for shopping as well.

Afterall, I would choose the same hotel again and the value was very good for we got a last minute booking and a low price.

3  Thank Pentti L