Stayed at Sun Beach 2. On the sea side of a small local road is the other part of the complex, Sun Beach 1. You can use the facilities of either hotel. We had 4 nights at the beginning of our holiday and 3 nights at the end. We travelled to two other islands in-between.
This complex is ideal for families especially as there is every aminity for them including buffet meals with a wide choice of dishes, and full entertainment for the children with the special club run by the entertainment staff.
The bedrooms are quite well appointed but the bathrooms were on the small side. The first visit, our room had a small kitchenette with everything for a self catering holiday. On our return, our room had just a kettle, two mugs and two spoons!
All the rooms have quite large balconies with a small clothes line. There is a supermarket that is part of the hotel which is open about 18 hours a day and is very comprehensive.
The bar in Sun Beach 1 is managed by Gina, an Australian, married to a Greek guy. She can be the life and sole of the party and she can also have a bit of a 'cob' on if she thinks you are not appreciative enough!!!
In both our rooms, the air conditioning wasn't very good, brought the temperature down to about 22c, not enough to stop the mosquitos eating you at night!!!
In the road that the hotel is on there is a vast selection of restaurants and bars, too many to mention. Most seem very keen to get you to eat there, offering special deals.
Would I go back there again? Probably not, we are both in our 70's and think I would prefer a hotel on the other side of the island as it is very windy here and the beach is very sloping and windswept. The hotel is under the flight-path to the main airport, so there is regular noise. Sometimes it is almost possible to wave to the pilot as they are so low!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sun beach resort complex is a magnificent 4* hotel located in a prominent position on the beach of Ialyssos, just 8 km away from Rhodes. The resort represents a fun and relaxing holiday environment with an impressive range of accommodation, fine cuisine & bars, leisure & sports facilities, good entertainment for all age groups and a high standard of warm and personal service. The property is suitable for people with walking difficulties & wheelchair users. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Bookgreece.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sun Beach Resort Complex reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sun Beach Resort Complex Hotel Ialyssos
- Sun Beach Hotel Complex
- Sun Beach Ialysos
- Sun Beach Hotel Rhodes
- Sun Beach Resort Complex Rhodes/Ialyssos