“Give this one a miss”

Pezouli Greek Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 103 Restaurants in Ialyssos
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Pezouli! Our Restaurant - Taverna is in the beautiful Ialyssos Area, on Ferenikis street 3. Our warm hospitality awaits you, offering wonderful impressions and tastes in a familial setting. The subtle tastes and aromas of Rhodes will embrace you, the quality of our dishes will cause you to return. Pure Greek foods, local delicacies, refreshing salads, and fresh fish and meats, all prepared in the authentic traditional way, will bring joy to your soul. We await you with pleasure !!!
Reviewed August 10, 2013

So it all started out so well, this was recommended to us by my mother in law, they visited last year and loved it.

We got there and the place was packed, great welcome and said we can get you a better table, so we were moved to a better table in about 5-10 mins which was fine. Took our order, we ordered Greek salad for starter then prawns and steak for main. While we were waiting one couple went to leave as they had been waiting for their food for so long, not long after that it came out.
The Greek salad was lovely, the waitress came to take our plates away and gave us our used knives and forks back to use for our main course!! Never even anywhere that has done this. Sometimes we may choose to do it ourselves but don't expect a restaurant to do it!!
Main came and maybe it was my fault for not asking but the prawns came whole, full head on, which is what I expected, but the full body shell on too, no way in!! No finger bowl either, had to ask, just really put me off, didn't end up eating them, just the salad and chips. This is what. Was disappointed with. Hubby staid his steak was ok, nothing amazing. Really disappointed with our meal here as people had been queuing to get in earlier in the night.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Though the staff has been replaced a bit, the food and service was still wonderful to a nice price. You must expect a bit waiting, but it's worth while :)

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Nice Garden restaurant. Good service and very good food. It is not cheap but we really enjoyed it eating there. We have been there 2 times

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Lovely greek restaurant with awesome food! Recommend to all! Nice service and crew! We were really impressed

1  Thank zaludova_z
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My family of 4 had been walking around for hours on a hot July afternoon. By 1 o'clock it was obvious we wanted food and good food. We decided to stop off at a place we had walked by several times because the outside looked welcoming. This was our second time to Rhodes and had eaten at many restaurants in the area so what could go wrong? After reading some reviews of this place I thought it would be better than ok but we were dead wrong.

There weren't many patrons (bad sign?) and no staff to be found to greet us. We found our own table. We sat there for almost 10 minutes before our drink and lunch orders had been taken. If my small children weren't so exhausted we would have just run out. Our waiter was extremely cold and halfway sour. He also had a large open sore on his hand that didn't make us feel any more excited. I suggested that everyone order hamburgers because it was the same dish and would be made and should be ready at the same time. It took a half an hour to receive our meals! Our drinks came 15 minutes after ordering, and if I didn't go up to ask and complain about our meals I'm sure we could have just walked away.

We arrived at 1:20 pm. Were greeted at 1:30. Received drinks at 1:45, meals at 2:05! When I stated how long we had been waiting (not to mention seeing another guest come in after us and receive food) I was given not an apologetic response, but rather a rude excuse that, "No you are completely wrong and you've only been sitting here for 15 minutes". He laughed at me too. (I didn't catch the name of this waiter but he had red hair - how many redheaded waiters could work here?)

When the food finally arrived we were incredibly disappointed. It took over 30 minutes to receive greek burgers with a sloppy mess of rice, cold mushy fries, and a couple slices of tomato and cucumber.

This is the first time we have never left a tip. Our waiter seemed like we were more of a bother than anything else. It was a cold and sour experience and wouldn't recommend eating here for lunch at all.

Very poor service and extremely terrible waitstaff. We would never go back or recommend this place.

1  Thank corrosiveheart
Spiros K, WebMaster at Pezouli Greek Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2016

Thank you for your feedback, we will bring this up in our meetings. It is only through your comments that we are able to continually improve.