We booked a week break at Kassandra apartments for the last week in September through Thompsons, paying over £900 for the week. When we arrived we were given a room in the new block (this is apparently the best block!) to find our bedroom the usual arrangement of twin beds, wardrobe and cheap furniture - our other room containing the well equiped small kitchen only had 3 more single beds and a 2 foot by 3 foot table with 4 rickety chairs. No soft furnishings of any description. Laying on the beds felt like rubble shoved into large sacks and were very uncomfortable. When we complained we were told all the rooms were like that. When we asked George, the bar/restaurant manager when the advertised Greek night was, "No Greek night". The gym shown in the pictures doesn't exist and you take pot luck getting a shower as hot water seems to be available at random short periods throughout the day. You cannot see the bottom of the pool (3 feet deep) at the shallow end due to lack of filtration and very high chlorine content (Rhodes harbour is considerably clearer!). The electricity goes off when you leave the room, including the fridge which clearly had not been cleaned for some time, so the ice box was quite literally full of ice and water/drinks couldn't be chilled unless you stayed in. That said, the maid service is very good, and is probably the best thing I can say about the apartmet,. Our apartment overlooked the road at the back and the dogs from the residents there never stopped barking morning, noon or night. One thing to remember about Greece is that it is a nicotine junkies paradise as smoking is allowed everywhere - by barmen whilst serving you, by shop assistants serving you, and at every table in every bar, restaurant,cafe. I would rather spend a week in my leaky shed at the bottom of my garden in winter than go back to the Kassandra apartments!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We would like to welcome you to Rhodes and at Kassandra Family Apart Hotel and we hope you will enjoy your stay with us. Kassandra Family Apart Hotel is an independent hotel owned by a family. The Hotel first opened in 1989 and consisted of three buildings, which were extended into five building in the year 2000 and counts a number of 147 apartments, which can accommodate about 450 guests. Kassandra Family Apart Hotel is an ideal place to be for families and people who would like to enjoy their holidays in a friendly, relaxing atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Booking.com so you can book your Kassandra Family ApartHotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kassandra Apartments Hotel Ialyssos
- Kassandra Family ApartHotel Rhodes/Ialyssos