My friend and I have just returned from the Kassandra Apartments..This for us was a VERY cheap break.The apartment was very basic.We had a one bedroom apartment overlooking the Car Park and Main Road.Very noisy!! Sheets and Towels changed daily by overworked cleaning staff, who were very friendly despite their lack of English.The Complex has two Swimming Pools,and Childrens Pool,and is very pleasant, also two snack bars, the food was acceptable for the cost.I found the Pool and Bar Staff to be generally pleasant but they are obviously affected by the Greek Crisis and this is their sole topic of conversation. I am not into Politics while on my Holidays. The front desk Staff were totally indifferent to any requests for help or advice. The "Kassandra Supermarket" is grossly overpriced and understocked,possibly because just across the main road is a "Carrefore" where all ones needs are met, apart from decent bread,this you can get by turning left at the main road and walking approx 10minutes.
The long stretch of Beach at Trianda is just a short stroll away,(Turn left at the back gate) this area is good for Wind Surfing, Good choice of eateries. there is a cooling constant breeze/wind. Watch out for the Frogs, yes!! Frogs at night coming out to feed on sand flies, I have never seen this before anywhere in the World.
The Bus stops just outside the Apartments on the main road, 2euro 20cents to Rhodes Town, you pay as you get on.The old Town of Rhodes is magnificient.Make sure you buy your Bus ticket for your return from the kiosk, they shout the destination so no chance of missing your stop!!!
One word of warning!! In Rhodes..you are constantly being harrassed by Beggars,People selling Time Share,and itinerants,If one is unaware it can be quite alarming as they are very very persistant.Also watch your pockets!!
I did enjoy my holiday with my friend, I have not mentioned average temperature 37deg day...27night..This was a bit too hot for venturing too far.
The holiday was very cheap we paid £320 for the two of us booking just 4 days before departure...I have travelled thoroughly throughout Greece. This holidays was as expected "You get what you pay for" Rhodes is NOT one of my favourites. I will not be returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We would like to welcome you to Rhodes and at Kassandra Family Apart Hotel and we hope you will enjoy your stay with us. Kassandra Family Apart Hotel is an independent hotel owned by a family. The Hotel first opened in 1989 and consisted of three buildings, which were extended into five building in the year 2000 and counts a number of 147 apartments, which can accommodate about 450 guests. Kassandra Family Apart Hotel is an ideal place to be for families and people who would like to enjoy their holidays in a friendly, relaxing atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Bookgreece.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kassandra Family ApartHotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kassandra Apartments Hotel Ialyssos
- Kassandra Family ApartHotel Rhodes/Ialyssos