We decided to revisit our honeymoon destination 14 years after our first visit with our two daughters (4 and 12 years old). We wanted somewhere central to Rhodes old town and somewhere we would want to return to each night.
The Avalon Boutique excelled at both requirements, we were warmly welcomed by Spiros who seems to be around 24/7 and is always willing to help. Nothing was too much trouble for him and he was always happy to go that little bit further than required.
The hotel is small and has six suites, all surround the courtyard which is fantastic for drinks and dining outside either in the sun or the shade under the many trees.
Our suite (Thalassa) was very well laid out and the air conditioning was set to provide a temperature that was perfect to walk into after a day in the streets of the old town.
The suites have plenty of hot water, the toilet and washing facilities are great (compared to other hotels in Rhodes we have stayed at).
Food was also excellent, breakfast was as fresh as it gets.
Housekeeping was excellent, with the mess left by our children cleaned daily. We managed to break a couple of items (sorry Spiros) but it was shrugged off and we were told not to worry!
The hotel has had some pretty famous guests which they choose not to publicise but we found out out during our stay (by royal appointment!?).
Our only complaints?
Not being able to stay forever and the hotel location!!!.......they really don't tell you what a fantastic location it's in.
The hotel is set about 10 metres off a side street of the 2nd most photographed street in Rhodes old town opposite the Italian consulate in the Street of the Knights. Set in the area that was the Auberge of the Spanish Knights!
You truly could not have a more perfect location, the entrance to the grand palace is 50 metres up the hill and the bustling Market streets are 100 metres away.
It is possible to book direct with the hotel, just ask for Spiros and he will make your stay perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Avalon Boutique Hotel is a unique Medieval Property with modern features and high quality services. Located just a breath away from the famous Grand Master's Palace and Knight's Street is an idyllic gem in the heart of the Old Town of Rhodes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Bookgreece.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Avalon Boutique Suites Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Avalon Boutique Hotel Rhodes Town
- Avalon Boutique Suites Hotel Rhodes, Greece