All reviews old town min walk cleaned regularly free air conditioning car hire three star wi lindos greece cupboard
Selected filters
Reviewed September 27, 2013

While there were definitely good things about the hotel - the staff was nice enough, our room had clearly been refurbished fairly recently, the bar was pretty good and the breakfast was very good for a 3 star hotel (or at least, there were a lot of choices, and mostly things were edible), there were also some things that were kind of shocking. We didn't bring towels with us, because we had assumed, based on our past experience staying at hotels at this level, that we would be able to use towels from our room for the pool. Apparently not - you aren't allowed to use the hotel towels at either the hotel's pool or the nearby beach. We soon found out why this was - after buying towels and going to the beach for a few hours, when we came back to our room, which had been made up, but our used bath towels had been taken away, without replacements being brought. We wanted to shower after having been at the beach, so we went down to reception to ask for clean towels, and were informed that there weren't any, since they were all in the wash, and we'd get some later. Since we often went to the pool in the morning, we ended up having to hide our used towels, just so the cleaning staff wouldn't take them away and leave us with no towels for showering. Additionally there was no hot water in the evenings - not pleasant when you come back to the room in the evening, after a long day trip in the hot sun. All in all I would have preferred to have a few less options at breakfast, and not have to hoard towels or plan my day around not being able to take a shower in the evening.

Date of stay: September 2013
3  Thank T R
Reviewed September 17, 2013

great location if you like walking your dinner/breakfast off . great choice of food BUT no toast. lovely beach 2 minutes across the road plenty of tavernas facing beach which are on the right hand side of the hotel as you walk out of the main door. they have a great offer for lunch and dinner. you can pay 10 euros for lunch and 10 euros for dinner which is a great price for a buffet meal with plenty of choice. reception staff extremely helpful and you can access wifi around the pool which is great.

Room tip: book room 331 over looks pool and has a view of the sea. if you book a room over reception you will have free wifi all the time
2  Thank lynne486
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I made the mistake of worrying about other reviews before experiencing the holiday. Upon arrival at 4am the reception desk made us very welcome. The check in was seamless and we were in our room within minutes. We didn't pay for a sea view but got one anyway. There was air conditioning free of charge and worked when the patio doors were closed. If there is a down point then it is that the beds were hard. The bathroom, bedroom and balcony were clean. We had daily service, beds made and towels changed daily. The staff were friendly and always had a smile which is more than I can say for a majority of the other guests. The swimming pool was very clean with enough sun beds. The area of the hotel was fine, its Greece with everything that goes with it.
Breakfast was awsome. I wonder what else they could lay on. There was everything from cereal, full continental, some fried food and wonderful greek yogurt with honey. There was coffee as well as a full range of soft drinks.
The walk into the old town was really easy. Take a left from the front of the hotel. Walk as far as the kiosk and turn left again. Go as far as the bus stop and take the right on a street called Canada. Keep on this road until you get to the sea, turn left and you will see the old town. 20-25 minutes.
All in all a great holiday and would I recommend it....yes I would.
There are some local restaurants and the best one that we found and visited 5 times in the week is Avato Nizlkes (not sure that is spelt right) but it is along the sea front, 4th restaurant I think. Lovely friendly people and brilliant greek food at very reasonable prices.

Room tip: Sea view was nice as you could see the lights of the next town. Very pretty.
Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank Jane M
Reviewed September 13, 2013

The Lominez had a very modern feel to it. The reception and bar area and outside areas were kept nice and were very pleasant. The rooms were good and there was maid service every day except sundays We had bed and breakfast and I thought the food was ok.The Hotel was 20 minutes walk to the old town. I would go to the Lominez Hotel again as the staff were polite and friendly and I find that to be very important because it makes you feel welcome.Also the aircon was in with the room rates which is good as its so hot in Rhodes.

Room tip: choose a poolside room.
4  Thank englandadventure57
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I've been better place and worse. The food is all a bit the same, like warm and not a lot of choice. I'm glad only to be here half board, and wish I was only on b&b basis now. It is cheap and acceptable though, but just a little bit disappointing overall. The marketing photos look good, but the rooms only vaguely resemble them, being tired looking and again as I read with a last review, only cleaned basically. This is a hotel operating on a budget, it does in the rooms and on the menu.