“Good value or money”

Ranked #72 of 126 Hotels in Rhodes Town
Bucharest, Romania
“Good value or money”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Nice , clean hotel , very friendly staff , 200 m walk from the beach. The breakfast was ok , but the same every day. If you want to go to the city center you must take a bus or a taxi , or if you want to walk , takes about 20 minutes.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Daniel S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Scotland
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I have just returned from a two week stay in this hotel and I was quite disappointed with it. Most of the reviews on here were good, which was why I booked this hotel and I wish I had picked somewhere else. I am not particularly fussy when it comes to hotels and wouldn't go into whether or not there was rips in the towels or a bit of dust under the bed but a comfortable bed and something to eat is a must. The bed was not comfortable at all. it was so hard it was like sleeping on the floor and the breakfast was awful. I would have been happy if they just had toast!! There was a selection of black boiled eggs, grey scrambled eggs, cheap cornflakes with sour milk, bacon (that looked like slices of fried chopped pork),cold baked beans,cheese, cold meat, melon and pastries. The only thing that saved me from starving was the lovely barman, who works in the morning, who made me toast everyday to take into the breakfast room so I could have it with (cold) beans, even though the girl who worked in the canteen originally told me I was unable to do this.also a lot of the other guests, who I think were all inclusive, seemed like they had maybe missed their plane to Magaluf so decided to go to Rhodes instead! The town is about a 25 minute walk from the hotel which I didn't mind but it is not a nice walk. The area around the hotel is very poor with rubbish everywhere, overflowing bins, cracked pavements and old unused buildings. Rhodes town though is lovely. The hotel also does not have a pool bar. What they advertise as a pool bar is actually just the hotel bar which you can get drinks from and take out to the pool. it is not outside next to the pool. its just a normal bar which you would find in a pub. It doesn't sell ice lollies, slushes or crisps. The beach across the road is better than the pool, with a really nice man who lets you stay on the sun loungers for as long as you want. Even though I didn't like the Greek food and mostly ate chips, soup or waffles there are some nice restaurants in the old and new town but don't go to Daneila's restaurant grill house in the new town. we chose to go here as they served baked potatoes. However after ordering and eating some of the potato I found a maggot in it!!! This was a horrible disgusting experience and I found it difficult to eat anything after this. When I told the man that worked there and showed him the maggot he said it was not a problem, that it was "nothing." I'm not sure if I would go back to Rhodes as there's not much to do at night but I certainly would not go back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room in another hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Rhodes Town hotels

Thessaloníki, Thessaloniki, Greece
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Clean & comfortable rooms
Near to towndown- Place of rest
Average meal- unacceptable Hellenic dishes
Very bad bar - Worst music that hear ever!
Dont trust the officer for rent a car! He is cheast & big lier (is not employee of hotel)

Room Tip: swiming pool view
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Theodoros S
Nicosia, Cyprus
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Lomeniz hotel is one of the best hotels in Greece that I have been till now.It was clean , rooms were big and comfortable.The staff was very friendly and helpfull, the food was very good ( a big variety was offered).We had to walk 15 minutes to reach the town center but there were many supermarkets ,shops and kiosks near the hotel.If someone doesnt want to walk he has the opportunity to go with the taxi which is really cheap!!! Generally the hotel is in a very good condition.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank KosKad
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 11, 2013

The staff was very helpful ,alway friendly.
The food was very basic ,potato and rice ,very similar dishes...the quality of the food was bilowavarage ,a part the Greek yogurt in the morning and croissant.
The hotel and the room itself was always clean,and satisfied with everything else a part of the safety box which is not located in the room but next to reception,so it is very unconfortable.
The location is also very good,only 15min walk from the old town and close to the beach,but I recommend many others beautiful beaches in rodhes.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is not small family hotel like many others in Rhodes Town. Very professional. Big swimming pool, good breakfast, nice rooms, air condition. It is not near to the city center, old town or bus stop, but it is good location if you have a car (main roads are close, free parking, enough parking places). We spent pleasant week during high season in this hotel, with very reasonable price.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MikkiBgd
Novi Sad, Serbia
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I just came back from my vacation on Rhodes island,and Lomeniz hotel. I read the reviews before my stay in this hotel,and I did not knew what to think,but it turned out this was really great hotel. I booked the hotel online for two adults,and one child who stayed free of charge. After a late arrival at the hotel,we got our room,and it was spacious four bed room. One double and two single beds. We had a partial sea view and partial pool view. Room was cleaned daily,and towels were changed also on daily bases. Hotel was renovated few years ago,and it looks modern and clean with nice loby and beautiful bar terrace. We had breakfast included and it was really tasteful and it varied during our stay. We could chose from boiled or fried eggs, toast sandwiches, hot dogs, cheese pie, salami, cheese, feta cheese, fried ham, sweet breakfast, croissants, cocktail rolls, oranges and one more fruit type, two type of vegetable salad, olives, sweet yogurt, honey, two type of cereals, and I`m not sure I`ve mentioned everything. You can always join for a lunch or dinner for the price of 10 euro. One day I went and was also very varied type of food. Pasta bolognese, chicken wings, meat balls, french fries, rice, three type of salads, fruit, some sweet pies... I spent the whole day on the beaches so that is why I haven't ate at the hotel so much.
Only downside of the hotel is its location. Because I`ve traveled with two year old child we spent most of our time on Tsambika and Lindos beach,because water was warmer than on Zefiros beach (which is located across the hotel). Water on Zefiros beach was very clean and it was not cold that much,just not so pleasant as it could be, especially because of the wind. And Rhodes town is generally more windy than southeast part of the island.
You have all you need near the hotel. There is Kiosk just few meters away,big supermarket 5 minutes away,same as farmacy. And there is also bus station near,but only problem is that you just cant catch local buses that goes to the Mandraki port without waiting at least half and hour, since timetable is hard to rely on it. But there is also taxi station and you can always catch a taxi if you don't want to be late. Good thing is that you always know the price of the taxi,becaue on Rhodes is charged per zone, not the miles. And from the hotel to the center you will pay 5 euros. And bus costs 1euro. Just notice that buses that goes out of town,from main station are very accurate. And are clean and air conditioned.
Also,I forget to mention that there is a free wifi hotspot at the hotel loby,but we could catch it from our room (on the forst floor) too. And it was working quite well.
Hotel pool was also very clean and there is always some shade you can move your sunbed,or just find one under the parasol.
On the date of our departure receptionist gave us the other room to have a shower and change ourselves,while our bag was at the luggage room,and she also gave us safe free of charge since we spent the whole day at the beach,and left the Rhodes late in the evening.
Anyhow,I would stay here again,as it is really great value for the money hotel.

Room Tip: We had a room no 205 which had a partial sea view,and partial pool view. And it was very spacious.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
#70 of 126 in Rhodes Town
Kipriotis Hotel Rhodes
Kipriotis Hotel Rhodes
#39 of 126 in Rhodes Town

Been to Lomeniz Hotel? Share your experiences!