“Brilliant stay for our First holiday as a couple.”

Mitsis La Vita Beach Hotel
Ranked #58 of 126 Hotels in Rhodes Town
London, United Kingdom
“Brilliant stay for our First holiday as a couple.”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We absolutely loved the Mitsis La Vita. We booked the holiday 2 weeks before departure for a last minute deal and was slightly confused that we were staying in a 4* hotel but dining for evening meal and could use the facilites at the 5*. However, on arrival all was made clear and was very pleased with both hotels.

Location: This hotel is fantastic location for everything in Rhodes town. Across the road from the beach, a short 5 minute walk into the New town and Harbour and 10 minute walk from the Old Town.

Breakfast: A very basic but tasty Breakfast at the Mitsis La Vita. A range of cooked and continental breakfast. Lots of fruit and choice of teas, coffee and hot chocolate.

Evening Meal: Evening meal was provided at the Mitsis Grand Hotel, just across the street. A huge selection of different foods that varied on a daily basis. As we were staying for 2 weeks, we thought food might get a little boring however even with the cycle of menus, everyday you could try something new and was brilliant to discover new tastes and things you could try that you would never had ordered at a restaurant.

Room: Our room was on the 5th floor of the hotel. A lovely spacious room, basic but with everything you needed. 2 singles pushed together to make a large double. At first we thought this was quite strange but actually due to the heat it was quite nice to have more space during the night. Air conditioning was slightly noisy at night but didn't affect our sleeping. Bathroom was nice with a bath and shower, however we never used the bath.
Safe also in the room however key available from Reception with a fee.

Facilities (Mitsis La Vita): Very basic but clean and tidy. Small restaurant where breakfast was served and a small waiting area in reception with a bar. Cocktails were lovely with a great BOGOF happy hour deal.

Facilities (Mitsis Grand): This is where we spent most of our holiday. With 3 pools (2 outdoor and 1 indoor), a Gym, Bar and Tennis Courts the facilities were FANTASTIC. I would advise an early visit to the pools and placing your towels on deck chairs as after 8.30am all the deckchairs have towels on. But as we were up early for breakfast one of us would run down and reserve 2 in a good spot.

Overall: I would recommend this hotel to anyone, with the deal of staying in a 4* and using the 5*. I could definitely not contemplate paying 5* prices. A brilliant 2 weeks, with lots of fantastic memories.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Tom S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Surrey, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 27, 2012

we went to rhodes for a week... stayed in this hotel on a half board basis... the only reason i gave it a 4 star and not 5 is because of the dinner situation (breakfast was great and was in the same hotel) as for dinner we were asked to go to its branch opposite called 'mitsis grand hotel' (very nice but too posh) BEWARE: you are not allowed in the dinner hall with shorts or flip flops!!! so that was a drawback as we took only one jeans and one pair of trainers each :P other than that.... mitsis la vita is very close to the beach and other touristic places in rhodes town!! it was defi a worthy stay and would defi stay there again :)

Room Tip: try to get a room on the higher floors... as the traffic noise is the least.. and you have lifts so...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank neel s
Levanger, Norway
Reviewed October 25, 2012

The hotel is nicely cituated 30 meters from the beach. Obviously at the windy side of Rhodes ... Fine lobby and nice and helpful clerks. Our room was kinda small, but fitted us just fine. Nice, though kinda thight bathroom. Good room keeping every day. Some deduction cause of the extremely loud aircondition in the room, but you don't wanna stay in Rhodes without one! There's tons of eating options close to the hotel, some bad and some good. Ask the clerks for tip. They found us a great fish restaurant and the best gyro place in town. A good long walk (20 min) to the old town, but it's good for ya ...
There's a bar street close by, but we never tried it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a seaview. I think there might be two of them ... Never mind - you're not in...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We had a good flight from Gatwick with Monarch Airlines; transfer to Hotel was painless. La Vita hotel self service breakfast was adequate. Room very comfortable; staff helpful and friendly. An excellent self service dinner was taken at the 5 Star Grand Hotel whose bars, swimming pools and evening entertainment were available. Holel on the front - 50 yards from Aegian beach and 500 yards from Mediterranean beach.

Rhodes Old town was fascinating and we had an enjoyable trips to the Acropolis at Lindos.

Room Tip: The sea views are excellent
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Kárpathos, Dhodhekanisos, Greece
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I found a deal on Hotel4you.com and although I was skeptical at first,I bought the package deal, this Hotel was recommended by a friend, anyway, the service is A1 the staff is very friendly and I was treated with royalty and if you find a bargain price the rooms and the food are really good, don't let the price fool you! sometimes you don't get what you pay! but actually more then you can imagine.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Vangelis V
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Me, my wife and my daughter visited Rhodes for a first time. I choosed La Vita Hotel after reading reviews of other people from this site. My tour-operator: Ofir Tours (Israel) from some reason published two options: regular room and room without a balcony with a difference of almost $100. So, I assumed that the more expensive option will promise me a room with a balcony. But, it turned out that I was just fooled by the tour operator or its provider - Hollidays Lines (Kavei Hovsha in Israel). As we arrived the La Vita hotel, in the reception I was told that rooms with balconies are usually reserved by tour opreators and that my tour operator did not reserve for me any room with balcony and that for that day none was available. So, I got room 702. When we stepped in this room, a heavy smell of humidity attacked our nose. I opened window right away. The smell did not vanish even after an half day after. The ventilation blinds on the ceilling of the bathroom made a strange noise as if there was some animal above them. I think it was because of the wind. The TV remote did not have a batery in it. The tube TV showed a white noise images. I asked for another room and got a room from a second floor. My wife checked that room and told me that it was smaller and looked worse so we decided to stay in room 702. We left for a walk and when returned the room at the evening we were shocked to find small cockroaches at bathroom floor. I went down reception to demand a manager, but the receptionist was smart enough to offer me a better room with a balcony, room 707, despite that I was told that rooms with balconies were not available for that day. We liked the room. There was not a bad smell in it. However, on the second day we saw a small cockroaches in this room also. I went to talk to a manager. The manager told me that there is not much they can do to fight this insects, because of the humidit climate of Rhodes and so on..
In overall: the room was cleaned everyday with a noticable enthusiasm, a cleaning personel was very friendly, rich dinner at the Grand 5 start hotel, where be aware of dress code for men and come with long trousers, three nice pools of Grand hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank IlyaTopper
Blackpool
Reviewed September 17, 2012

If you want a nice balcony and a swimming pool attached to the hotel don't book here, No pool and only a handful of balconys on the top floor and a few small balconys at the back which look like an unfinished fire escape.
That said, if moneys is tight or you just don't like spending it,this is not a bad place to stay. The first room we were given was a bit small and dark, I asked at reception to move which we did the next day,(talking to people reception are helpful in finding you a better room) the new room was clean with plenty of space my only gripe the TV would not give up any english channels and the air/con had moments of souding like a helicopter coming into land (I mended it myself after two days, was only a loose panel).
We did the halfboard, you eat at the Mitsis Grand, which is buffet style,again can not complain plenty of choice 'chip lovers might have to go cold turkey'. Drinks cost 2.50euro bottle water, 3euro fizzy water, bottle of wine 13euro. Tip, you have a window of 2030 to 2130 to eat, ask at reception to eat earlier (going into old town etc) they will alter the time to 1930.
Breakfast is at the La vita again buffet style, can get a bit hectic, tips; get a table first not your breaky, if coffee cups are out put them on your table, if brown baps are in the basket same thing (you get people setting up miniture sandwich making units), that said they seem to keep bringing food out and I found the staff helpful.
Facilities, the beach is just over the road clear sea and nice sunsets, can get a bit windy, calmer waters with less wind are 600m away round the peninsular (kos beach). Swimming pools 2 outside 1 indoor at the Grand are ok, the sunbathing area is a bit limited. The Gym at the Grand disappeared 1 month ago they say it will return in 2 months, hmmm!
Do go to Lindos very hot but worth it. Do go to the Old Town and explore.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple