“One of the best hotels I've stayed at in Rhodes”

Europa Hotel Rooms and Studios
Ranked #68 of 127 Hotels in Rhodes Town
American Canyon, California
“One of the best hotels I've stayed at in Rhodes”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

The staff at this hotel were incredibly friendly and responded to anything we needed at the time. What I liked the most was the convenient location of the hotel, located in the heart of the city but at the same time just a minute walk from the beach downtown. If we didn't feel like going to the beach there were plenty of other options nearby such as the Old town of Rhodes. Our room was always clean and the pool they had was also a big plus. Being in the city, you'd expect some extra noise, it was not a problem however. I'd highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Greek first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Athens, Greece
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed there last October with my friends and we had a great time. The hotel is exactly in the downtown of Rhodes Island and in front of the hotel you have the chance to see a big part of the Aegean Sea. The beach is 1 minute from the hotel so even in October we were wearing our swimming suits and we were lying under the perfect sun of Rhodes. Also a very famous street called "Orfanidou" is passing behind Europa Hotel were you can find any kind of clubs, bars and cafeterias you want. About the Hotel there is nothing negative to comment. The rooms are more than comfortable and the atmosphere is very positive. A great thanks to this hotel for our special holidays in Rhodes island!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank EmilyG166
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We stayed 4 nights. I had read some bad reviews, unfortunately only after booking though. The staff were said to be surly, but we didn't find that the case. They were distracted, but did help when required. The breakfast and location is good. We had a sea view which we enjoyed. My beef is with the room and bathroom. The bathroom is really a wet room, no space to turn around and water from the shower just floods the bathroom floor. Our air con, I found out later had the overflow pipe into a bucket which when it got full caused the air con to leak. The placement of the bench for your suitcases is under the air con. Result, wet clothes. I took to emptying the bucket myself each day as the staff didn't. The beds were pretty back breaking and we didn't really get much sleep there. They have a very nice pool, and we spent part of each day there. I would not go back again, and in fact didn't when we stayed in Rhodes again.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for the higher sea facing rooms, you can actually see Turkey on a clear day. Suns...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Criky4

Travelers are raving about these Rhodes Town hotels

Athens, Greece
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed for a week at hotel Europa and we were absolutely satisfied.Due to hotel’s location we didn’t need to rent a car. It is situated in the perfect position; it is 10m far from the beach, it is close to the restaurants and it is approximately 5 minutes walk from the city centre, the old town as well as from the central bus station. The room we stayed in, was very nice, very clean – sheets and towels were changed every day- and the sea view from our balcony was amazing. Contrary to my expectations, it was very quiet during the night; as we realized afterwards, this month many middle-aged couples chose hotel Europa for their vacations. Also, in our room we had the chance to cook, as there was a small kitchen with the available kitchenware. The fact that there was a mini market inside the hotel, was really convenient for us because it was open until late. As far as the staff is concerned, they were very friendly and willing to serve us every time we needed something. All in all, honestly we didn’t have any complaints during our stay. Our overall impression was that this hotel provides good value for money and it is a good choice for those who want to visit Rhodes on September and be downtown as well as next to the beach. When we go back to Rhodes, we’ll definitely be choosing this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Rafaela K
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 14, 2012

This is the worst hotel we stayed in throughout our 2 month Europe trip. We did not sleep a wink. The hotel was full of drunk teenagers playing loud music, and running through the hotel. The staff had no control over the situation. In the morning we had to leave for an early departure and the hotel had vomit on the floor, toilet paper was strung all through the corridors and empty beer bottles in the lift. It was disgusting. I complained through the night to the staff but nothing was done. I also sent an email expressing my disappointment although I did not receive a reply. Poor service, poor facilities and an absolute rip off.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Charlotte M
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 21, 2012

This was without a doubt the worst hotel I have ever stayed in.
When we arrived, the clean sheets on our bed were wet. After a 5 hour flight all we wanted was a hot shower and our bed, but we didn;t have any hot water. We complained and continued to complain for the duration of our 10 night stay, but this didn't help. We had no hot water for the length of our stay. The manager told us that it was impossible for only one room to have no hot water, but I would have liked her to try to take a shower in our room.
The noise in the hotel was terrible. I understood that this hotel was likely to be full of young people, but banging on the doors at 5am and blasting music all night with no attempt by the staff to quiten them down was unacceptable.
The plates and bowls that were provided were dirty on our arrival. The pool area was also disgusting, with groups of young people pouring beer over each other into the water and even spitting into the pool. The groups were stealing beers from the fridge and throwing them to each other, once narrowlt missing a child who was swimming. Again, there was no effort by the staff to stop this behaviour.

I would never stay at this hotel again and I would beg anyone with young children to stay away. I was travelling with a group of friends and we all like to drink and have a good time - but this place was badly run and dirty.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Emma W
Storvreta
Reviewed July 5, 2012

My husband and I were worried when we read earlier reviews of Europa Hotel after we had booked our trip. We were however, pleasantly surprised. Europa Hotel has excellent staff both at the front desk and in house-keeping. Two nights after our arrival they offered us another room with a better view. Our first room was fine except that it faced an alley. The staff noticed this and offered us another, better room without our requesting it. House-keeping always asked if we needed anything extra and took wonderful care of the room. The studios we stayed in were clean and comfortable though somewhat small. The location of the hotel is great, being close to the beach and a short walk away from Old Town. The street outside of the hotel is quite busy so I wouldn't recommend it for families with small children. There were lots of young people staying at the hotel (under 25) but there were even older guests. The only complaint we have is not about the hotel, but the total disregard for others that some of the younger guests showed by screaming and yelling in the corridors late at night. It didn't keep me awake but I can understand how others might be bothered by it. On the whole, we enjoyed our stay and would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple