I read some mediocre reports before I went but to be honest I couldn't find anything wrong with the place. When I first got to the entrance I was surprised how nice it actually was. The reception staff were fine, we were given a room on the 6th floor right on the far left hand side when looking at the hotel from the front. This was actually a god send as the hotel is only one room wide at this point and the corridor at the back had through ventilation straight out. the weather was amazingly hot and if we had been nearer the middle or at the other end there would have been rooms at the back and therefore no draught whatsoever. So you need to ask for rooms 9-14 on whatever floor you would like, 612 was ours so floor 6 room 12.
We spoke to some visitors from the ground floor they were not as impressed with their rooms, problems with roaches from the pool area, so be warned, but we were well out of their way.
Staying full board was a bonus, once the wristband was on everything was free till midnight, there was no point going far afield as the entertainment was ok too. We hired a car from the internal vendor, it was reasonably priced and the hotel provided us with "take out " lunches for the days we were out and about. Even these were of a good standard.
There was fridge in the room, air con and a tv. There was pay internet in the foyer, wireless doesnt seem to have reached Greece yet, that was the only downside.
So overall, i was well impressed, the hotel was clean and tidy, well positioned (about 10 mins from the old town), friendly staff and a good view. I would have no hesitation going back.
Finally, the head waiter looked a little bit like Richard Hammond, his name was Manoles, what a top guy, he worked solid from 7am till midnight every night and was always pleasant despite us trying to wind him up. He never let his job get to him and we had quite a bit of fun with him. The hotel has quite a few repeat customers, while we were there the barman recognised quite a few as they arrived and went straight over to say hello. I think this hotel has got it right, it's just the right size and with friendly staff, no wonder it was full the last time I tried to book it again in September.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- PETIT PALAIS BEACH HOTEL is the only four-star all-inclusive city hotel in Rhodes. Centrally located, very close to the Old City of Rhodes with the remarkable sights, PETIT PALAIS is a unique starting point for someone to explore the island. The 215 renovated guestrooms offer all the comforts of a 4 star hotel. The hotel has an outdoor fresh water swimming pool and Jacuzzi while the beach is only 150 meters away and is ideal for children as it is gently sloping. A variety of water sports choices such as jet-ski, banana boat, parasailing, catamaran sailing and diving are available on the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mitsis Petit Palais Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mitsis Petit Palais Hotel Rhodes Town
- Petit Palais Rhodes Town
- Petit Palais Hotel
- Mitsis Petit Palais Beach Hotel Rhodes, Greece