Just come back from 2 weeks AI at the hotel. Arrived Wed evening about 9pm at hotel only to be told overbooked and will have to go to hotel across the road. We were in a party of 5 people, the single room was ok and he went to his room. We argued with man on reception (who does need glasses to see!) but gave up and went across to other hotel. Receptionist there offered us an appt for 4 people for the night. Def no as our party was myself and my husband and 2 female friends. After more arguing she gave us 2 double rooms eventually.
Went back to Mitsis for drinks and until 12 midnight there were people coming in and getting their rooms straightaway. Anyway stayed in other hotel, went back with cases in the morning and had breakfast. No problem then and got our rooms. Hotel spotlessly clean, nice spacious rooms, we even had a slight sea view. Food ok and plenty choice.
After speaking to other English in hotel who had same problem as us first night, we decided to speak to the manager. No problem with him he let all 5 of us in his office. He apologised and gave us free safe and to keep our rooms at end of stay as we only left at 7pm. Also got drinks in fridge.
We also asked him about dress code for evening dinner. This is one thing that really annoys me, it states on the website men must wear long trousers also there is a sign as you enter the dining room saying the same, but the restaurant manager just let them in wearing shorts all the time. When we asked the hotel manager he said it was a problem but not everyone comes on holiday with a pair of long trousers and he did not feel you could ask them to go out and buy a pair. So what is the point of having a notice up then !!!
Because the hotel is in a town it does not have the facilities other hotels have. There is nowhere to sit outside at night, unless you sit on the wall as all other seats are taken every evening. Whilst we were there it was blowing a gale as soon as you go outside, but thats nothing to do with the hotel! Entertainment poor so quite boring in the evening and nothing to keep you there.
Staff, waitresses and cleaning staff no problems except for 1 guy in bar. My husband went for last orders at 11.40pm for 5 drinks, ordered 4 then barman waved his arms and said no more as it was 11.45 and AI finished. If we wanted to finish our order then would have to put money in the tips. We did tell the manager about that as well and he agreed it should not have happened. He must have spoken to barstaff as did not have any problems after that.
So, to finish, had a brill holiday, but would not go back there. Would not go back to Rhodes again also.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- PETIT PALAIS BEACH HOTEL is the only four-star all-inclusive city hotel in Rhodes. Centrally located, very close to the Old City of Rhodes with the remarkable sights, PETIT PALAIS is a unique starting point for someone to explore the island. The 215 renovated guestrooms offer all the comforts of a 4 star hotel. The hotel has an outdoor fresh water swimming pool and Jacuzzi while the beach is only 150 meters away and is ideal for children as it is gently sloping. A variety of water sports choices such as jet-ski, banana boat, parasailing, catamaran sailing and diving are available on the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Mitsis Petit Palais Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mitsis Petit Palais Hotel Rhodes Town
- Petit Palais Rhodes Town
- Petit Palais Hotel
- Mitsis Petit Palais Beach Hotel Rhodes, Greece