Just returned from a weeks holiday at Avra Beach and all i can say is this place is awesome, the location is just fantastic, the staff are so so friendly that by the end of the hoilday they become very good friends, after reading some of the negative reviews from other holiday makers well some of those reviews are a absolute joke as far as i'm concerned, ignore please, this place is fantastic value for money.Firstly i'll start with the room, i emailed the hotel before my departure requesting a full sea view room and i wasn't disappointed, what a view absolutely breathtaking, i must admit though if i was honest i would class the room as 3 stars not 4 but no complaints at all, air conditioning was spot on, shower nearly knocked you into next week which was lovely as past stays in Greece the water pressures have been very low, beds were comfortable, so all in all we were very happy with the room.
With the hotel being an all inclusive hotel our first thought was obviously whether the food and drink would be up to standard well no need to worry, food was exceptional, great choice's everyday, the salads were to die for and the chicken, pork and beef dishes were first class, although i rated the room as 3 stars the food definately made up for this, also can i mention the fantastic staff, worked their socks off and very polite indeed.
Now a comment on the drink, well i was very suprised indeed especially the wine which was very nice, i thought the wine may have been a bit sweet but it wasn't it was right up our street, the beer was lovely and the cocktails were refreshing to say the least, again a mention for the bar staff especially the two barman, great personalities the both of them.
The entertainment was also very good, something for everyone, the animation team work extremely hard and you can tell they enjoy every minute, Chris was brilliant, you could listen to this guy all day.
If you fancied a change there were a choice of great bars 300 mts from the hotel, step out of the hotel and turn left, if you like your sports well you are spoilt for choice every single premiership game was beemed live, just let them know what you want and they will put it on for you, also only 2€ a pint, local beer.
If you want a chill holiday this is the place it's a magical place and outstanding value for money
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel bungalow apartments Avra Beach Resort is situated on the beach of Ixia, 6km west of Rhodes town and 7km from Rhodes International Airport. The hotel covers 18.000 square meters of blossom garden and well kept environment. The hotel is closer to the beach than any other hotel in the area (literally on the beach!) and very close to local shops of Ixia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Avra Beach Resort Hotel - Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Avra Beach Hotel
- Avra Beach Resort All Inclusive
- Avra Beach Resort Hotel - Bungalows Rhodes, Greece