“best food in rhodes”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 22, 2014

I discovered Elia on my second night in rhodes and what a discovery.You are greeted by the owner Katarina who is the most beautiful, kindest and friendliest person I have ever met, then you are greeted by Marcus the very happy and funny waiter.The restauraunt is situated in Ixia just outside Rhodes town on the way to the Airport.The food is some of the best I have ever had in Greece.They grow all their own vegetables in there garden and all the fish and meat is fresh.The service is excellent and nothing is to much to ask.The price of the food is very reasonable .Please don't make the mistake of walking past because it looks quite you will not be disappointed and try to get a table in the roof garden that over looks the sea.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

We ate here on the first night of our holiday, then ate at a number of different places but didn't find anything that was quite as good. On the last night of our trip we came back and we're very glad we did.
On the first visit we had some humus and and mixed starters followed by a mixed platter to share. The portions are huge and the food is absolutely authentic and delicious.
On the second visit we dined upstairs- so much nicer and away from the road noise. We got the humus again as it was so good followed by a seafood platter. Again it was huge and very authentic. We got talking to he owner who is a very friendly chap and he was telling us about Rhodes and the change that have taken place. He also showed us the veg garden where they grow a lot of their own food and invited me to sample some delicious off the vine tomatoes, I've never tasted anything like it!
You won't find plasma TVs with football and everything served with chips here (although you can get chips if you must). Just a great honest place with amazing food and great vibe. All in all a fantastic meal, great friendly personal service, good value for money and would highly recommend.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

We were only in Ixia for a week my wife and I ate here for two nights, the owners have a large garden next to the restaurant so you can be sure of good fresh food.
The owner and his wife (I think) were very friendly and gave good advice on the menu.
The price was very good value for money compaired with other restaurants in the area.
I would recommend you give this place visit I am sure you will not be disappointed. Thank You Elia!!

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Our advice when eating here is tell the owner what you like rather than picking off the menu. We ate here twice as it was the nicest food in Ixia and the owner was really friendly although he apologised on our second trip as he could not give us the service he had on the first visit as it was busy! The fish and sea food was fresh and tasty and the lamb was to die for! The value for the quality of food was excellent, we tipped well each night. We had a complimentary dessert both times as well. If we return to Ixia we will definitely come back here, we even asked if the restaurant had any jobs available so we didn't have to go home!

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

What can I say about this place, wonderful every time. Myself and my partner ate here 6 nights out of a fortnights holiday, we wish we wouldn't of bothered trying anywhere else. The food is beautiful, fresh produce cooked by the young brilliant chef who became one of our friends and even sent us home with our favourite recipes! Service from the manager and katerina was superb you couldn't find better anywhere else it was attentive, friendly but never overbearing. As for the previous reviews saying it was expensive I wish I would of seen where they were dining as Elia was the best priced restaurant we found in Rhodes for the quality of food and dining experience. We have eaten Rhodes town,lindos,pevkos and symi and nothing came close. One night we were there they had live entertainment in the way of a Greek band who were fantastic and had a massive greek following and we really saw the traditional
side of Greece that night. We wish we could of brought them back to manchester with us, Thankyou so much for making our holiday extra special your friends Becky and Darren (ps hope you enjoy the pink floyd book)