“Very good service!”

Saffron
Ranked #35 of 476 Restaurants in Rhodes Town
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Since our opening on June 2, 2013, our policy was to serve freshly cooked, authentic Indian food to all our customers. However we have come to a point that we felt that there is a need for more diversity on the island, so we have decided from April 2018 to introduce Persian cuisine alongside our Indian as both share similar culture in food as well as other things and many Indian dishes are influenced by the Persian such as Naan, Kebabs as well as others. This will give our guests a unique opportunity to experience two of the most ancient as well as exotic flavors at the same table.
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

I had the tikka masala and it was great, but a little spicy than i liked. But still, we had the greatest meal here and the owner, George, took the time to have a very great conversation with us and made it all such a personal service! Outstanding resturant to have just been open for 2 months! I love indian food and i was so happy to find this place so close. The greatest experience exept from that my meal that was spicy but im not that use to spicy food so thats just for me being picky. Everyhing else was superb.

Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Wow, what a lovely experience! We were a family of six visiting yesterday and we all agreed that saffron served some of the best indian food we've had. We also have to mention the nice atmosphere. The owner (George) has so many stories to tell and we were facinated by his life and passion for food. This place has only been open for a couple of months but I am sure it will be a great success - it already is. Well worth a visit!

Georgios P, Owner at Saffron, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

It was a pleasure having you and all your family at my restaurant, and I am so happy to know that all of you enjoyed your meal as well as my stories. I hope that there will be a chance again to meet all of you so I can share more of my stories with you!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I enjoyed a lovely Indian dinner, we ordered 2 curries and they were both great.
Would definetly recommend if you feel like a break from Greek food :)

Reviewed July 15, 2013

The Saffron was recommended and there being so few on the island you wonder about the quality, but shouldn't have. It was lovely. The menu options were just enough to be able to select something and even then the owner would accomodate requests (Chicken balti wasn't on the menu but Lamb was - I got my chicken !). The owner did say we might have a wait as everything was cooked from fresh but we didn't notice it being different to any other restaurant timewise. Being town centre the view isn't brilliant but who cares, if you're in Rhodes town and need a curry (let's face it we all need at least one in a two week stay :) then Saffron will not disappoint. We planned to go back for another but couldn't make it.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Quite a new restaurant but chef hails from Delhi and can do what you like or as hot as you like on menus. Sheik cabab as nice as any i have tasted in UK. Owner was very friendly and helpful. Still not equipted to accept credit cards but in hand.

Georgios P, Owner at Saffron, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Hi there,

I am so glad that you enjoyed our Sheek Kebab and we managed to get it right the way you like it as many times as you dined at our place.

I also enjoyed our conversations as well as watching you enjoying your food while I was talking!!!!!!!

FYI, finally yesterday I got the call from the National Bank of Greece after two months that I will be receiving the credit card machine by tomorrow. Yeeeepiiii!!!!

Take care and be seeing you soon.