“Excellent cuisine and a very friendly place”

Locanda Greek Restaurant
Ranked #41 of 450 Restaurants in Rhodes Town
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located right next to Medieval Town of Rhodes, Locanda Demenagas Greek restaurant promises a unique food experience that will transfer you into culinary dreams found only in the old recipes and flavours of our grandmother. Serving several traditional greek plates, having the locals in mind, it managed to be a point of reference for them as an authentic, tasty and affordable Greek cuisine. Locanda works all year round contrary to other restaurants that open only for the touristic season and as a small family run business is proud of its hospitality and originality. If you are visiting Rhodes for a short vacation and want to enjoy a non touristy meal then you should give it a try and stay assured that it will be one of the highlights of your trip.
Reviewed December 28, 2013

In August this year (2013) I spent some beautiful days in Rhodos. I was lucky enough to have nice experiences from many perspectives. One of those was my meals at Locanda. I found this place just by chance – on my way from harbor to the hotel I passed in front of the restaurant and, I don’t know way, I noticed the name. When I asked at the hotel some suggestions for lunch they mentioned, also, Locanda and since it’s not far away I decided to try it.
I asked for a menu, but my Greek language is poor so I tried to find out some details about the dishes. I was then invited by the owner and, I understood later, by the cook also, in the kitchen to see and chose by myself. Immediately I knew that I want a sort of rooster stew which was walloping in a pot. I’m not able to describe how tasteful it was, all Greek flavors were in that stew. I was more than happy with my chose. In the next days I was present several times to Locanda for lunch or for dinner. I was not disappointed.
The owner of the place is a very nice person also, and very friendly. He told me that in early of 90s he worked for a Greek bank in Romania, but later on he decided to transform his passion in a business. I don’t know how good he was as a banker, but for sure as cook and owner of Locanda he does a very good job every day. Till my last day in Rhodos I had the feeling that I became already part of his family in Locanda.
I don’t want to finish this year without sharing my good experience in that place, so here are my comments.

1  Thank Lucian M

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Locanda is a traditional greek restaurant with tasty greek dishes, excellent service, good prices and spotless clean.Furthermore you can enjoy the magic view of port.I will highly recommend this.

1  Thank 1950gk
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We had a late lunch here after our half-day island tour. Andrew, our tour guide from Rhodes Private Tours recommended it and took us inside to meet the owner. The owner brought us into the kitchen to show us what was available. We had a great taverna meal - moussakka, tzatziki, dolmades, a baked pasta dish and roast chicken. The view of the harbor is great and the food was fantastic!

1  Thank T8travels
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Off our cruise ship for a visit to Rhodes, our group of 4 couples had decided to rent two taxi's to tour the island. Towards the end, we asked our driver to recommend an authentic restaurant where he would bring his friends. His first choice was la locanda. We trusted him and decided to stop there for lunch; and it was so good that we spent all afternoon with the owner, eating fresh dishes that were prepared that day ( no menus, just come to the kitchen and choose what you like!) and drinking Masticha ( a local drink)!. I have since recommended to any friends that visit Rhodes and no one has ever come back with a negative comment. Highly recommend the place.

1  Thank Carmine D
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Locanda Demenagas is a restaurant in the city of Rhodes with an authentic Greek atmosphere. Good food at reasonable prices.
At first glance we thought the service was poor. We got no menu cards, but were invited into the kitchen. We got a first-hand look at and smell of the dishes and we were sold. Visiting the restaurant 4 times during 2 weeks, we learned that Anna was a shy but kind and warm woman. We appreciated the easy going and cosy feel. The location at the east coast with the beautiful view over the harbour full fills the visit.

1  Thank Nikolette A