Sentido Ixian Grand
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Sentido Ixian All Suites(Rhodes Town)
$228
Hotels.com
$86
$82
$350
Hotel Mediterranean(Rhodes Town)
$89
  • Beachfront
Atlantis City Hotel(Rhodes Town)(Great Value!)
$45
$44
  • Breakfast included
Nathalie Hotel(Rhodes Town)(Great Value!)
$40
$106
$65
$61
1,601 results
All reviewsprivate pooljacuzzi bath on the balconypool bargarden viewalazonia restaurantphillips barmain restaurantplenty of sunbedssea waterdeluxe roomsun loungerswelcome drinkrelaxing holidaybuffet styleevening entertainmentgreek nighta la carte restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Stayed here from September into October. Arrived after midnight and was given a room on the ground floor in one of the garden blocks despite having requested main building and upper floor. Was advised nothing can be done tonight, come back tomorrow. Great welcome! The first room I was given, room 161, was disgusting. I had a list of nine faults which I took to reception the next morning including no flush working on the toilet. Before I even gave the room number the receptionist, Tina, said immediately room 161 - why put a guest in a room when they know it has issues. I was offered another room one directly across the corridor, room 162 which I took after close inspection. Having visited this hotel in 2009, I can only summarise one thing - rapidly gone downhill - I said last time definitely not 5 start however I would be struggling this time to say 2 stars - that would be insulting to 2 star hotels everywhere.

Room - second room fine, spacious but very dark due to its situation. The veranda is never cleaned as I had bird feathers there for most of my stay. However, all electrics worked and bed was comfy but sheets not changed until day 8 of my stay. Good job I'm not a sweaty individual!! Towels are threadbare and of very poor quality. The pool towels issued are the same ones given in the bathroom and towel supply is sporadic, same with bathmats. The stainless steel soap dish at the bathroom sink was not cleaned for the entire duration of my stay - unknown in good quality hotels.

Food - boring and repetitive and lukewarm. Yes it was replaced frequently but I can't say I had anything that was hot. Some of the staff in the dining room (the waiter who services the tables to the left as you enter was extremely ignorant and I had on many occasions to request coffee in the morning as he tended to ignore me - maybe as I was a female travelling alone - not sure but he was extremely rude). On the other side, the waiting staff were polite and friendly. The Head Waiter seemed to spend his time changing table linen and the girl who greeted at the door didn't have a clue what she was doing - one night my room number was missing from her "list" and she had a panic attack! Summary - restaurant is organized chaos with poor quality food. If you want a second cup of coffee at breakfast you need to ask for it - that didn't happen 4 years ago when it was in plenty supply. As for the breakfast juice, the grapefruit juice is equivalent to coloured water and the orange juice is not fresh, but diluted crap. Needless to say I ate out a lot. Can recommend the small Italian at the top of the road - on the main road in Ixia, very good pizza!

Communal areas - the pool area is frequently muddy early in the day. I always preferred the beach here for my sunbathing but just as you leave the decked area at the bottom of the pool bar there was a disgusting smell of sewage which continued for the duration despite them trying to hose away one day with disinfectant however this wasn't getting to the crux of the issue. The sunbeds have definitely seen better days and the mattresses are disgusting - don't know when they were last cleaned and/or washed. You definitely need your towels (remember and bring your own though).

To summarise I was extremely disappointed - did I complain - NO, no point as my first interaction re the room chaos was not acknowledged. Also I came back to my room one day to find it had been left unlocked and not closed properly by the cleaning staff. On complaining I was asked to go and see if anything was missing - no apology or consideration given to the fact I was shaken that someone could have been in my room. However, next day I came into a bottle of wine and some fruit presumably as an apology - needless to say it was still sitting there when I left. A face to face apology from management and a meal in the better restaurant would have been more fitting. Again, another example of really poor customer service. They advertise a Spa - this is a converted bedroom - ie beauty treatment room, not a spa yet they charge spa prices - take a massage from the Chinese on the beach - far better value for money. Management at Ixian - visit the Atrium Palace in Kalathos - you'll then see what a Spa really looks like.

There are many better places in Rhodes to stay and I will definitely NEVER return to the Ixian Grand - poor standards - its as though they haven't done any improvements or maintenance since I was there 4 years ago. Staff attitudes are poor, rooms are a hit or a miss, food is not good, prices are high and overall the experience was bad. I had read some comments before I left but put this down to a few disgruntled customers. Apologies to those people, having experienced this place myself and the changes since I was last there, I absolutely understand why you wrote what you did.

My advice - go somewhere else.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank pm590
SENTIDO_Ixian_Grand, General Manager at Sentido Ixian Grand, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2014

Dear friend,

Thank you taking the time to review our hotel online. Your opinion means a lot to us. We first want to apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and for not having met your standards and expectations. We understand that you have requested a room in the main building, but for your information please note that the rooms in the main building belong to another, more upgraded room type. If you have booked at first a room type in the main building i.e. Deluxe Garden View or Sea View, you would not have been allotted to a room in the annex building i.e. Superior Garden Wing rooms. To continue, we would like to inform you that a major renovation is taking place in the hotel at the moment in order to eliminate deficiencies of past years.

We hope to see you in the near future back in our SENTIDO Ixian Grand and offer you the experience you deserve. We remain at your disposal for any help or information you may require.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

dirty rooms, mold in bathroom, will never return even if i get paid for being their. water dripping from lobby roof... actually water dripping every where
food was terrible.
complained at the reception did not even get any response...
lived in standars room.

public areas like the lobby bar was ok. pool area look good, but worn
don't know how the suits are though..

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jani P

Dear friends,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel online and express your impressions. We accept critics in order to identify the pros and cons of our hotel. We feel sorry for not having met your expectations. In this particular period, there is a renovation taking place in our SENTIDO Ixian Grand, after which we feel really confident that will upgrade our hotel, in order to provide the accommodation, service standards, comfort and welcome feeling you deserve. We really hope to welcome back sometime change your view about our property.

Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

the hotel is not what the picture shows.
it got a building above the loby with great rooms and view, a section of suites that is amazing!!
but no they out us in a seperate building that after half hour rain was
flooded like we are in a tent.
we where on 4 floor and elevator goes up till the 3rd only .with 2people max abord.
the bar was good and most of staff was nice and helpfull. exept of the reception they was angry 24/7 .
at dinner a 250ml coca cola bottle was 3 euro.
5 stars hotel??? i dont think so

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear guests,

Thank you for the time you have taken to review our hotel online. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during your stay. We regret the fact we did not meet your expectations. Major changes that are taking place in the hotel at the moment will improve every point of your comments. You may contact us directly in case you need more information or help.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

We were visiting your hotel "Ixian grand" a month ago with our 4 years lovely daughter.
our daughter has special needs due to her motor disabilities.
the hotel team service was beyond expectation. And we had a great time.

Thank you!!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Stayed there in the middle of September. The weather was amazing, a bit windy sometimes. We arrived late, so went straight to bed (we got our baby with us) and the first night was really a nightmare due to the uncomfortable bed. It basically meant almost like sleeping on top of a pillow, the mattress was way too soft and you would end up with a back and neck ache. Next day we were advised to turn the mattress around, which my husband did and that solved the problem. The room was fine, expect from the cigaret mark on the bed cover which was quite disgusting. The biggest disappointment was that there was no wifi in our room. The hotel is nice, the lobby area is spaceous, the pool area is great and the beach is nice. The other disappointment was the breakfast/dinner buffet. The food was quite the same every day and could have been tastier, the fruit selection was boring. The restaurant staff seemed to be moody and with an attitude at times. The restaurant manager ,guy with the suit was very helpful. The reception staff could be more helpful.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear friends,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. Further to your comments we would like to apologize for any inconvenience during your stay and for not having met your expectations. We ensure you that we will do anything possible to fix the aforementioned failures. We would love to see you back in the future for a better experience and the accommodation you really deserve. We remain at your disposal for any additional information you may require.