This hotal is exellent by all means, BUT!!! This I must say:
ISRAELIS NEED TO BEWARE!!!!
As we arrived, we got a terrible room at the 2nd floor (though we asked for a sea-view room in a high floor), with a bush-view, air conditioner that doesn't work, an unbearable noise and two connected single beds. Shortly afterwards, we found out that all Israelis got rooms in that bad, 2nd floor. We wouldn't agree to compromise in any way and asked for another room. They said that the hotell is fully-booked and they don't have another room at the moment. After some waiting, they led us to a room at the 3rd floor, with a forest view and with a shower that doesn't evan have margins on the floor... Again - back to the reception with a demand for a proper room. In that point, we also talked to our travel agent and asked her to assist. After a quite long waiting, we finally got what we paid for - a room on the 8th floor, with a great sea view, double bed, a bathtub and even a fruit basket. THEN WE COULD REALLY START ENJOYING THIS HOTEL.
The WiFi is not so good, in our room the signal was pretty bad. It worked better when going out to the balcony.
The pools are great, there is a pool at the 11th floor which is very quiet and the big pool outside the lobby, with the waiters and the bar - great service!
The meals were also great, a vast variety of food. I was a bit dissapointed from the deserts though. Water needs to pe paid for (2 Euros). The staff was very kind.
We went to the Spa also, to celebrate my birthday - a double massage cost 140 Euros, which also included free entrance to the misc Spa utilities - Turkish Hamam, Jacuzzi, Sauna... The spa is really amazing, beutifully decorated and very relaxing. I enjoyed each minute of it. The massage was exellent.
We rented a car from the car rental representative that set at the lobby - she was also very very nice and we loved sitting and talk to her, beyond the car rental business.
I would rate the hotel with five stars unless they would gave us these poor rooms at our arrival. It is pretty shame that they behave to Israelis like that. Besides that, all was exellent. Insist to get a better room if your'e not happy with what you got. Its woth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The five-star Amathus Beach Hotel Rhodes is the perfect place to enjoy an island escape. With forest to one side and the sparkling Aegean Sea and mountainous coastline to the other, accommodation is comfortable and spacious with the newest addition – the 37 Elite Suites – oozing style, space, sophistication and understated glamor. Along with delicious dining options, fabulous outdoor spaces and the largest and most unique spa on the island, it ticks all the right boxes. The hotel is open from April – end October each year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Amathus Beach Hotel Rhodes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rodian Amathus Beach Ixia
- Hotel Rodian Amathus Beach
- Rodian Amathus Beach Hotel
- Amathus Beach Hotel Rhodes Greece