We have just arrived back from a week all inclusive at this hotel and i didnt want to leave! 4th - 11th June 2014 - Couple aged 25 & 28
The hotels grounds and pools were great everything you would need, personally the adult pool was too quiet like deathly quiet, we prefered the bottom pool we only spent one day round the top pool. We loved sitting on the balconies next to the rodian bar as it was shaded and you could see all across Ixia. Our room was on the 7th floor and was a sea view it didnt disappoint us and rarely heard the room next door, only thing i would say was maybe a few more english TV channels and not the automatic promo show that goes on everytime you walk in room lol (rather annoying after the 5th day)
Food & Drinks:
The food was fantastic breakfast, dinner and tea and we never really got bored of it, one night in particular was great lots of meats, mussels etc.. You couldnt get bored at this hotel due to food. Drinks were the best i have ever had in a all inclusive i lived on cocktails every night (Frozen Margarita in particular :)), all spirits Jim Beam etc were strong :) We sat away from the bar one night and found it harder to get a drink as you were kind of pestering them however after that we sat at the bar every night not a problem in getting a drink if anything the opppsite way... The bar man on our first 4 nights was fantastic had a way of bringing everyone together remembered your drinks, previous conversations etc.. however he wasnt on the last three nights and it was noticable. The Blonde waitress was great so friendly always helpful.
On our last night we booked the Al a Carte which you are entitled to one trip during your stay... you want to book this its fantastic, food was lovely and the service was great never had an empty glass or you werent sat waiting with empty plates, its 5 courses so i wouldnt eat much before you go!!
We walked both sides of the hotel there is a few bars, shops, water sports, if you want more than that then its only 8 - 10 euros to Rhodes Town. I wouldnt suggest getting the bus we paid for the tickets and saw the busses jam packed people hanging near the doors and we choose taxi still have the bus tickets now.
We went on the Jetskis down at the beach whcih were very reasonable, we went to Rhodes town on the day which is a must see the Old town :) amazing views from the clock tower. We ventured to Faliraki for the Water park really good day however taxis are pricy 20 euro each way no free buses from Ixia only Rhodes Town.
If i was to go to this hotel again (which is very likely) i will go on a bed and breakfast basis as the food served in the pool bar on the bottom floor looked delicious and was very cheap and then eat our on an evening and do the drinks package offered within the hotel.
Ladies take your hair dryers as i didnt think theirs was very powerful however you dont need to take shampoo, conditioner or shower gel or body lotion its all argen products refilled daily. and take your mosquito plugs etcc they got me the first night :(
Overall we had a fantastic holiday very relaxing and will be returning with Family in future!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The five-star Amathus Beach Hotel Rhodes is the perfect place to enjoy an island escape. With forest to one side and the sparkling Aegean Sea and mountainous coastline to the other, accommodation is comfortable and spacious with the newest addition – the 37 Elite Suites – oozing style, space, sophistication and understated glamor. Along with delicious dining options, fabulous outdoor spaces and the largest and most unique spa on the island, it ticks all the right boxes. The hotel is open from April – end October each year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Amathus Beach Hotel Rhodes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rodian Amathus Beach Ixia
- Hotel Rodian Amathus Beach
- Rodian Amathus Beach Hotel
- Amathus Beach Hotel Rhodes Greece