“Hotel ok but don't go all-inclusive”
Review of Belair Beach Hotel

Belair Beach Hotel
Ranked #30 of 126 Hotels in Rhodes Town
New York City, New York
“Hotel ok but don't go all-inclusive”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We stayed at the Belair Hotel in late September for 6 nights. We booked it through part of a deal that included airfare and had half-board. The breakfast is fine, not great. I didn't touch the hot food, but they had delicious, thick yogurt with walnuts and honey that I was more than happy to eat every day. My husband had hard-boiled eggs and toast. The coffee is from a machine and weak for my taste. But we were just happy to have breakfast included. Dinner is atrocious and we only ended up eating there two nights out of six. There is always salad and nice feta, so that was fine but again the hot food was lacking. There is such amazing food to eat in Rhodes that it's a shame to waste your calories at this cafeteria-quality buffet. I can't even imagine doing all-inclusive here, but I don't like all-inclusive.

The room was nice and large with an old tv, mini fridge, and a large balcony overlooking the ocean. The double bed was two twins pushed together, but otherwise comfortable. The bathtub was nice and the shower had excellent pressure. The room was very clean.

The staff was very nice and helpful. The location is very good. The bus stops right outside the hotel and it is a 2.10 euro/10 minute bus ride to the port, practically to the Old Town or an 8 euro cab ride (so worth it to cab if you are four people). The walk is absolutely beautiful, but takes 40 minutes-1 hour. The beach is right across the street and while it is very rocky, the water is lovely. The hotel provides beach chairs and towels. We didn't use the pool at all but it looked nice enough.

We met up with two friends who were staying at the Amathus Beach Hotel just down the road and that place was outstanding. Multiple, huge pools, rooftop bar, nice restaurant, beautiful buffet breakfast, for $100/night. Next time I would stay there without a doubt.

Room Tip: Ask for one facing the sea!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kmartinelli

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Farnborough
Reviewed October 26, 2011

I have been reading reviews on this hotel from before I booked and since I came back from Belair Beach Ixia in late august and I am in shock at some of the reviews

I just wish people that will eat crap and cold crap at that would stop saying that it’s ok it’s not
If I had read reviews that stated how bad the food was I would not have wasted my money and booked somewhere else

So please if you are posting on trip advisor remember people are booking on your recommendation so be truthful and don’t let these hotels get away with it

As for the following comments
“you get what you pay for”
Well I paid for a hotel that I could eat the food without getting ill
“wonderful Belair”
God where do you normally eat! out of a skip at the back of MacDonald’s and live there to
“Good experience”
Get real no one could say that the food was of good quality and varied same things most days and cheep cuts of meat and stone cold

The main problem is the food it is inedible and cold and anyone that has a basic knowledge of food hygiene will know, that will just make you ill

When I was there the flies in the restaurant they were everywhere over food and all over you table but towards the end of the week they seem to have done something about them

The hotel is dated and in need of refurbishment there is a main road and the rooms are basic

The staff are fine and pleasant but unfortunately that will not make up for all the negatives

Don’t go even if you get a cheap deal as you will have to eat out every day and with the prices
that the restaurants are charging it makes it a very expensive holiday

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank garyhants
Kenilworth, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 25, 2011

The hotel is very clean, beds and towels changed everyday. If you enjoy food that is edible avoid BEL-AIR the food is horrendous, we stayed a week and did not get one hot meal, most meals not even warm, breakfast the same everyday lunch and evening meal your got pictures of the meat and did not know what it was. We ended up having to eat out. A couple we met had their room broken into and money stolen, the hotel room locks are old and easy for anyone to break into. Overall we will not be going back and do not recommend it.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bill A
Crewe, Cheshire
Reviewed October 20, 2011

Just got back from Belair Beach after a cheap all inclusive last minute end of year holiday. The hotel is dated but it is over forty years old so I guess other than knocking it down and building it again not much can be done to improve the overall look. But the hotel is very clean and tidy! Our room was cleaned ever day, clean towels, and clean sheets. All the hotel staff were friendly even the miserable one behind the main bar (he's retiring next year after forty plus years working here!! The pool area was alright but I wasn't brave enough to go into the pool. The worst thing was the food, not much to choose from not very warm (I used the microwave to solve this problem), if you weren't down early to eat anything that was nice was gone. But we didn't starve and had no stomach problems and no flies.
Overall if you want a cheap and cheerful getaway then it's ok but don't expect top four star luxury. The hotel is closing next week for the winter so hopefully they may take notice of all the comments that have been put on here this year and address them??

Room Tip: Go with an open mind!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DRFEELGOOD67
Shropshire
Reviewed October 18, 2011

Wonderful Belair
Having read some of the views before we went to the Belair Beach Hotel it was with trepidation that we went. Booked for two weeks 28/09/11 to 12/10/11.
All our fears were totally unfounded
The rooms were wonderfully clean, the cleaners worked very hard. Our towels were changed daily and sheets on alternate days!!!!
Staff were helpful and friendly, only willing to help you in a happy cheerful manor.
Food and drink quality was good and varied for all people, especially as it is all inclusive. If you could not find something you like you must have very strange tastes in food and drink.
I agree that the hotel should not be a four star as it lacked in certain amenities such as pool activities and poor entertainment. Some people, however, preferred it that way.
Considering it was toward the end of season we were extremely pleased with what we got for our money and cannot understand the whining wingers we read about.
However, there is one complaint....the man behind the main lounge bar needs a personality transplant. He has absolutely no idea how to deal with people. He had a permanent miserable look or perhaps he just likes chewing wasps!!!
On the whole we had a great time at Belair and wonder if we went to the same hotel as some others writing reviews.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank mazianShropshire
london
Reviewed October 16, 2011

My friend and I booked this hotel for 5 days from October 9th - 13th 2011. Since it was off season, it was a really cheap package. When we first arrived, the girl at the reception did not have our reservation. She gave us a key anyway and said that she would speak to her manager to find out why they didn't have our booking. The next morning we get awaken by 2 frantic phone calls from her advising us that they still can't find the booking. When we came down, we gave her the number to the booking agent, yet she refused to call. Therefore, we had to use their phone to call the reservation center whereby they faxed the confirmation right away. Once faxed, the front desk girl did not even explain what went wrong and why they didn't have our booking, instead she advised that we owed her 3.50 EUROS for the phone call we made to the reservation center! Out of principle, we explained to her that we will not be paying for the call as it is clearly their FAULT that they didn't have the reservation. The front desk girl argued with us and was so disgustingly rude. She actually said that since we didn't pay much for the holiday, we don't get any customer service! She also advised that it was our fault that they didn't have our booking, therefore we were responsible for paying for the phone call. When I mentioned that I didn't want to stay in a hotel and be treated so badly, she actually said "Good, SO LEAVE!"

Besides for this horrible experience, the food at the hotel was disgusting. THe only thing that was edible was the salad as I guess you can't really get that wrong. The only positive thing was that the restaurant and pool bar staff were very friendly.

Also, our air conditioning did not work. When we inquired with the front desk girl, she said that they turn it off since it was off season despite the fact that their website claims that there is a/c in all rooms. Therefore, we had to keep the window opened the entire time which as a result, we ended up getting eaten alive my mosquitos. NOT a fun experience at all!!

In conclusion, I would not book this hotel even if it's free. No one needs that kind of stress on holiday!

In conclusion, I would not advise my worst enemy to stay at this hotel. I've stayed at hostels that were better.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Very clean rooms with terrible food and drink! DO NOT GO ALL INCLUSIVE.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple