TripAdvisor
Rhodes Town
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews deluxe room sea view old town pool area bar street reception staff stayed bed and breakfast opposite the beach cleaned every day very nice hotel cleaned daily fresh towels min walk breakfast and dinner an upgrade per day just returned from a week
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I have always called Blue Sky our Jewel by the Sea. I love 'coming home' as that is what it truly feels like to me.My Sister and I and our Brother from another Mother had our latest stay from 9-18th October.This hotel is situated perfectly for exploring Rhodes Town. You can be as active or as lazy as you want here.The spa and massage are to be tried and seeing as you are greeted with a free 15 minute taster session you have nothing to lose.The staff are always very efficient and helpful without being in your face all the time .The night staff are just as fabulous.Michalis is a real gem.I was trying to teach him Scouse....hope he remembers it. You cant lose staying here.We prefer b&b as we like freedom to eat out with the locals.Can't wait to come home again next year.Thanks to all and I promise not to bring a white towel next year....lol

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our visit to this hotel was in October 2019. There was a bit of a wait to check in, but once that had been done, finding our rooms was easy. We had booked two rooms, and despite us travelling together, we were given rooms at opposite ends of the hotel, not a good start. I also discovered that the door lock on my room was faulty, and that the room was not locking properly, however after informing reception, they did send up an engineer to fix it, it was repaired that night.

The room also had a safe. You need to leave a deposit to use it, but you get that back when you check out.

We were staying in the cheaper non-balcony rooms, which were quite small, but for single travellers ideal. The room was clean and tidy, and included a toilet, and very small shower. Housekeeping would come in every day and tidy up the beds and clean.

My room was overlooking the fuel station outside the hotel, and I was on a lower floor, so there was some noise, but luckily it was not too bad during my stay. I would also sometimes get noise coming from the corridor outside, but this is not the fault of the hotel. It is worth noting that even though we were on what they called the “First Floor” there is a “half floor” between the ground floor and the first, this floor contains facilities such as the business centre and the like, and acts like a sound buffer between the first layer of rooms, and the noisier ground floor with the bar and restaurant.

The hotel had a lift which worked, but with being on such a low floor, I just used the stairs.

Breakfast was ok; a basic continental breakfast with the added option of bacon, eggs and beans, amongst other things. I tried to make a cup of tea using the machine on the first day, but I thought that it had a very chemically taste, perhaps they just needed to clean their machine? They also have apple, grapefruit and orange juice on offer.

The hotel also features an outdoor swimming pool.

On site there was also a small mini-market, selling things such as snacks and drinks, this was very useful for purchasing bottles of water to take to your room at night.

The hotel also features spa and massage facilities; however I did not use any of them.

During one of the evenings, they had performers playing music in the pool area; this was quite enjoyable to listen to. It was nice to get some drinks from the bar, and sit beside the pool listening to the live music. It was Thursday night if I remember correctly.

The site had free wifi which worked well for me; I found it more than adequate for my needs.

Check out time is at noon; however they have luggage storage facilities which you can use for free.

The hotel is in an ideal location for exploring Rhodes Town; nearly everything is within walking distance. You can also cross the road to visit the nearby beaches; I strongly recommend visiting the local pier, it is good to sit and watch the sea.

Room tip: Try to get an upper floor.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were checked in quickly as there was only us. Receptionist very pleasant. We weren't offered the safe so I had to come back down to get the key. 10 euro deposit but you get it back. On our first evening we had an issue with our door, the lock broke completely. Poor maintenance guy did his best at 11pm at night but couldn't fix it so we were locked in till the morning maintenance guy arrived at 8am. WE went to breakfast whilst he fixed it. Now breakfast after 8am is bedlum, we couldn't find a table for ages. Luckily we are early risers so went to breakfast at 7am every other morning, much more civilised.
At this time of year, the sun doesn't get round the pool until 12 noon so we went walking most mornings. Easy walk into the old town, walked around the moat and got lost in the many many little shopping streets in the old town. If you see something in a shop, buy it then as you've no chance of finding that shop again LOL.
WE did the HOHO bus, 12 euro each I think and it stops outside the hotel. Note: the last HOHO bus in October is 4.30pm and not 5.30pm......we waited and it didn't show so ended up getting a taxi into old town.
Taxi 5 euro but it really is an easy walk. Turn right out of the hotel and take the 2nd street, keep walking past all the bars and you will find it easy enough.
We had lunch at the pool bar a couple of days. We also hired very comfy sunbeds on the beach 5 euro each per day, much comfier than the pool ones and the waiters from the bar bring you drinks and food.
Stayed for the entertainment a couple of nights but not all that. Always finished our nights with a night cap on our balcony with a bit of our music and a large glass of ice from the bar for our drinks - the mini fridge came in handy!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

So we’re just coming to the end of our 3rd stay at the Blue Sky. As always it has been a great stay. Standards throughout are always maintained to the highest standards. Breakfast has an extensive range to suit all tastes. The location is perfect. Just opposite the beach and a sort stroll to the cosmopolitan new town or the historic old town also the stunning Mandraki harbour. Spa and gym facilities are also available too. And the staff are wonderful as always. Can’t do enough for you at any time. I will be back soon, and can totally recommend this’ll hotel.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very friendly and helpful staff
The hotel is nice clean and comfortable
The food is good and plentiful, a wide variety of drink options
The pool area is stunning always clean and comfortable with helpful bar staff
The bar staff is always friendly and helpful and even remembers what you want to
order before you even have to ask. The reception staff are very professional and helpful
the will give you all the information you need and will check you in and out with
ease so you can just relax, we even got an upgrade that we were not expecting
which was a pleasant surprise!!!!
All in all a very comfortable and lovely stay and will definitely recommend
Dear