2,909 results
All reviewsburger barmain restaurantinclusive barcrepesthe mexican restaurantsea viewpittaold townsalt waterindoor poolthomas cookreception staffguest relationsfood on offera la carte restaurantsgreat holidayfantastic hotel
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We went to this hotel in May 2013 and were worried when we read previous reviews. We need not have have worried. This fantastic hotel has it all. Wonderful food, three swimming pools, fitness centre and very friendly staff.
Our room was spacious and spotless with clean bedding and towels every day. We had a sea view but overlooked dining room roof so not perfect. Best rooms were ones with sea and pool view. Couldn't fault the hotel we had a fantastic holiday and would recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a sea and pool view
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Chris T
Reviewed June 20, 2013

So like many after reading some of the reviews on here I was a little worried about my choice in Hotel.....On arrival I tried to stay positive and glad I did.

Check in - Great Service from the reception staff and the porter that delivered our luggage to our room for us. Reception Staff were nothing but helpful for all the information we needed.

Our Room - The room was clean well equipped and the beds were comfortable. Maids cleaned our room daily with fresh bedding and towels.
1 small point the hair dryer in the room is not very powerful so take your own if you need 1.

The Food - Buffet restaurant = Excellent...good choice daily of starters, mains and deserts something for everyone.
Italian restaurant = Excellent...you can go to this restaurant on All inclusive as many times as you wish but you have to book the day before. Smaller menu but you choose again a starter, main and desert. This was my personal favourite.
Chinese restaurant = Excellent...We only visited once as I don’t really like Chinese food but I choose wisely from the selection for my tastes and it was again as stated excellent.

The Pools - 2 Great pools (immaculate) with many areas to sunbathe in the Greek sunshine..they do get crowded but always spare sun beds even though people do get up early to reserve as they do at all hotels.

Bars & Entertainment - The all inclusive bar does at time get a little busy but they do limit 2 drinks per person to try to speed things up. Great staff on the bar. The outside bar area is only small so not always space to sit but the inside area is air conditioned so comfortable to sit indoors. Entertainment - I was there for a week and 1 male singing & piano/keyboard player was there about 4/5 nights and 1 night there were some Greek dancers, not really to my liking but was ok.

The Beach - at the front of the beach there is a part sand part pebble beach with a beautiful blue sea, the sun loungers are there for use at a cost of $4 per day per person.

The Spa - I had a Swedish massage which I recommend!

Overview = Excellent Food, Staff, Rooms & Views
Slight downside to the hotel - Bar could do to have more outdoor seating and the entertainment could be more varied and better in general.
Hotel is best for those that want to enjoy a holiday for total relaxation.

I had an excellent time and most defiantly would return if I went to Rhodes Town again in the future.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

A very good hotel, although I would rate it as a four star, certainly not a five.. However we had a enjoyable stay here and would recommend it. The Reception areas were immaculate and were constantly being cleaned and polished as were the lavatories and bar. All staff were friendly courteous and helpful. The pool areas were lovely, and the gardens well kept. The dining room was immaculate too, and there was a choice of dining in the Chinese and Italian restaurants . The food in the dining room was freshly prepared and adequate, but not five star quality. The only thing that really let the hotel down was the very dated bedroom and bathroom. Although it was very clean, with daily service and fresh bedding every morning. The location of the hotel is excellent. Right next to the beach, lots of neighbouring streets with tons of bars, shops and restaurants . A pleasant walk along the sea front to the harbour, and then onwards to the magnificent Old Rhodes town. A taxi service is just around the corner with a reasonable 5 Euros into the Old Town. Also a bust stop is just outside the hotel gates. This is the second time we have been here and will probably return again. But the bedrooms do need updating.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I visited this hotel on an all inclusive basis in May this year with my mum.
Previously we stayed in the Mareblue in Ixia 2 years ago but decided to choose a hotel nearer to the Old Town. The Mareblue was much better than the Mitsis Grand, which claims to be 5 star. I appreciate that 5 star Greece is not likely to be The Ritz, but had expected a reasonable hotel.
When booked, I kept an open mind regardless of some pretty poor reviews, however was very disappointed.
We booked a sea view room and were offered a foul smelling and dirty room on the 2nd floor with a stunning view of the kitchen roof. Granted, the staff moved us to 4th floor but to an extremely tired but clean and functional room. Furniture, as expected from reviews, has seen better days and in grave need of replacement due to obvious, serious water damage and curtains were green with mould.
Restaurant very busy, as expected from a large hotel, but food awful. The restaurant waiting staff, work very hard and are very pleasant, however the servers at the buffet are rude and unfortunately lack manners or any form of customer service skills.
All inclusive service in the AI bar was fine, however many guests seem not to know about a queuing system in this bar or in the restaurant. I would say at this stage, we seemed to be the only British guests at the time, many German and Russian guests which seems to be the normal.
We did not try the Chinese or the Italian - Italian never opened during our stay.
We did not utilise the AI due to the queuing issues along with poor quality food, finding better service and quality n the town.
Try Eros Restaurant in the Old Town and Red Restaurant near the Mitsis Grand, both brilliant although Eros for the 2nd year, was our favourite.
As our flight was a late one, we booked and paid for a late checkout on the day of arrival, however were called at 09:30 on the day of departure, to be told, sorry, you cannot have the late checkout - we need the room at 12:00, as we have guests checking in early - strangely check in is not until 14:00 routinely which we had to wait for upon arrival and we did book the late checkout and paid for it, well in advance with the hotel by no means full as we understood from another receptionist later that evening.
In summary, if travelling to Rhodes, do not expect 5 star from this hotel, there are many others around, of much better quality and standard.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jarvis2013
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Great hotel with exellent food 7 days a week.
Mr Fotis and his staff do everything to make your holiday " something extra"
Big rooms with comfortable beds, pay little extra and enjoy the fantastic views from your balcony
Nice poolareas with a wonderful "gardenbar", perfect with shadow from the trees.
Great Espresso and refreshing drinks.
A hotel that you want to come back to.
Two weeks next time !
Jacob Sweden

Room Tip: Seeview is wonderful
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family