2,912 results
All reviewsburger barmain restaurantinclusive barcrepesthe mexican restaurantsea viewpittaold townsalt waterindoor poolthomas cookreception staffguest relationsfood on offera la carte restaurantsgreat holidayfantastic hotel
Reviewed September 15, 2012

just returned from a week at the mitsis and professional moaners need to get a life. ok, there were a few issues but overall it is a very good hotel. reception is lovely and we were booked in quickly and our bags taken to our room. this could do with updating, but it was clean with a comfy bed, lovely towels and plenty of toiletries. it would have been good if there had been water and pop in the fridge and brewing facilities. the pool areas were lovely with loads of beds no matter what tine of the day you went. lots of brollies or trees if you wanted shade.the A I bar was well stocked and had plenty of staff. food at this hotel is very good with a large variety of choice. desserts were scummy. both the italian and chinese were worth a visit, although make sure you are good and hungry as the portions are huge. out of the hotel if you turn left and left again you will find a ristorante called ALEXANDRA where you will get a steak to die for, also lots of shops and bars to visit. out of hotel, right and right again its a 10 minute walk to the old town. lovely location ( we had a sea view ) with stunning sunsets. we had a very relaxing time.

Room Tip: higher floors for better views if you opt for a sea view. back pool rooms if you want morning sun on your balcony
4  Thank Maureen G
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I do not understand the negative reviews written about this hotel. For the price paid every aspect is well worth it. Rooms clean and fresh food very good. The choice at breakfast outstanding from fresh fruit smoothies, baked apples and cinnamon and sultannas and every type of bread egg , sausage yougurt, pastry, cereal...........The italian restaurant was great . Service especially from Poppi made our holiday. Chinese good too, but side orders delivered first and left to go cold until mains were ready. Location good, near Rhodes town and many nice bars and restaurants. Staff over all very good. Maybe a bit over worked but they did not show it. One negative point. The planter areas which contain trees on the rear terrace , very dangerous when walking to tables with drinks. Watched many people hurt ankles or trip over.Seating arrangement in dining room, tables to close to other diners felt a bit uncomforatable. Overall had a great week here. Please go. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mar B
Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

We have been staying at the mitsis grand hotel since Monday 10/9/12 and are here for 10 nights on our honeymoon! Our 1st impression of the hotel has & continues to  be excellent. The hotel is very big lots of space to chill have a drink, sunbathe or dine in the restaurant. For a med 5 star rated hotel its pretty good! A little dated perhaps but we're having a great time. The food  is nothing less than amazing! Variety of dishes every day & even tried out some new food! The rooms v.clean & pleasant you can hear the sea waves at night but I found that relaxing & sends me to sleep. If you should want to change your room the staff will always try and help, although you may have to wait til the following morning as its a very busy popular hotel! One side of hotel you have streets full of bars & restaurants some livelier than others, late night takeaways and the other side of hotel tourist gift & newsagents shops. The beach is right opposite hotel & the bus station & old town of Rhodes only 15min walk away. If you want to get out of Rhodes and explore other towns you would have to get a bus from main station. Any probs or questions weve had all the staff have been polite and helpful. Love this hotel! Just wish they had more than one entertainer in the evening and maybe some Greek nights thrown in, oh well you can't have it all. We'll just have to venture out to find more entertainment : )

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Katwoman84
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Just returned from 7 days half board at the Mitsis Grand Rhodes . For those that have wrote poor reviews shame on you . This hotel is a lovely way to spend a relaxing time . The food was very good and I ( as a gluten free veggie ) difficult to feed , found it very good , the desserts were to die for ! The staff were very helpful and quickly changed our room because we were above the all inclusive bar and as early nighters found it a bit noisy on our first night , in fact they were ALWAYS very friendly and helpfu, nothing was a problem . The room was clean and tidy , made up every day . Pools were clean, large, never over crowded , although they didn't let you swim till after 9am and I personally like a swim before breakfast.The location was perfect , just a short walk to the habour and Old Town . Theres wasnt evening entertainment but it's not that type of hotel. I would go back and certainly recommend it as good hotel.

Room Tip: A room looking onto the round pool but not above the bar
1  Thank Lorraineallison
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Just returned from a one week all-inclusive stay at the Mitsis Grand. I had great expectations of this hotel because of its five-star status, impressive pictures on its website and its flashy "dress code" requirements (men required to wear long trousers at dinnertime,something which I rarely see in hotels) and quite frankly I was disappointed.

Plus points:
-Excellent location: situated right on the beach, lovely views of the sea, short walk to Rhodes Old town and nice restaurants, shops and bars located close-by.
-Friendly staff for the most part, especially at the bar in the evenings.
-Breakfast buffet was very good, lacking in variation, but good.
-Wine and beer of a good standard in the all-inclusive package.
- Chinese and Italian restaurants were nice.

However the negatives outway the positives at the hotel:
-the rooms are shabby and in great need of repair: old carpets and curtains, carpet too warm for the climate here.
-the housekeeping staff made the bed every day. Sort of. That's it! No replenishing of toiletries in bathroom ALL WEEK. Bath not cleaned at times, bedsheets not changed, glasses in bedroom not changed either.
-tv in bedroom was badly-tuned, only had half of the channels it should have as per channel list in room, and was quite possibly older than I am. Surely a five-star hotel can stretch to a flatscreen tv?
-Fridge in room should have been a positive thing, but it gave up after a day!
-There is a safe in the room - again positive - but WHY do I have to pay 4€ a day to use it? I understand if the safe is located at reception or something, but it's in the room anyway?! Nobody else can use it? I don't understand why this isn't included in the room price!
- Similarly, one is unable to obtain an iron... for "safety reasons" according to reception. But you can get the laundry people to do it for you at €4 per shirt ironed. Excessive I think. Most hotels provide an iron, I for one would asssume responsibility for burning myself in this event.
- The food was ok. It wasn't bad don't get me wrong. But it was the SAME all week.......very boring indeed. I have been to all-inclusive hotels who combat this by introducing themes each night, chinese, mexican etc. not here. We went out twice for lunch and twice for dinner which we like to do anyway, but I couldnt have faced eating at the buffet another time!

I understand that Greece are in difficulty economy-wise, however you get the impression here that they really try to charge for everything they possibly can. This hotel drastically needs an update to compete with competitors. I for one wouldn't return - which is a pity, because this hotel has an excellent location going for it, but they need to up their game.

1  Thank cwkf725