Lydia Hotel(Rhodes Town)
$127
$97
  • Breakfast included
Casa Antica(Rhodes Town)(Great Value!)
$130
Dionysos Hotel(Rhodes Town)(Great Value!)
$100
  • Pool
$179
$162
  • Breakfast included
Nikos Takis Fashion Hotel(Rhodes Town)
$161
$157
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $198/night.

2,842 results
All reviewsburger barmain restaurantinclusive barcrepesthe mexican restaurantsea viewpittaold townsalt waterindoor poolthomas cookreception staffguest relationsfood on offera la carte restaurantsgreat holidayfantastic hotel
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Just returned from a one week all-inclusive stay at the Mitsis Grand. I had great expectations of this hotel because of its five-star status, impressive pictures on its website and its flashy "dress code" requirements (men required to wear long trousers at dinnertime,something which I rarely see in hotels) and quite frankly I was disappointed.

Plus points:
-Excellent location: situated right on the beach, lovely views of the sea, short walk to Rhodes Old town and nice restaurants, shops and bars located close-by.
-Friendly staff for the most part, especially at the bar in the evenings.
-Breakfast buffet was very good, lacking in variation, but good.
-Wine and beer of a good standard in the all-inclusive package.
- Chinese and Italian restaurants were nice.

However the negatives outway the positives at the hotel:
-the rooms are shabby and in great need of repair: old carpets and curtains, carpet too warm for the climate here.
-the housekeeping staff made the bed every day. Sort of. That's it! No replenishing of toiletries in bathroom ALL WEEK. Bath not cleaned at times, bedsheets not changed, glasses in bedroom not changed either.
-tv in bedroom was badly-tuned, only had half of the channels it should have as per channel list in room, and was quite possibly older than I am. Surely a five-star hotel can stretch to a flatscreen tv?
-Fridge in room should have been a positive thing, but it gave up after a day!
-There is a safe in the room - again positive - but WHY do I have to pay 4€ a day to use it? I understand if the safe is located at reception or something, but it's in the room anyway?! Nobody else can use it? I don't understand why this isn't included in the room price!
- Similarly, one is unable to obtain an iron... for "safety reasons" according to reception. But you can get the laundry people to do it for you at €4 per shirt ironed. Excessive I think. Most hotels provide an iron, I for one would asssume responsibility for burning myself in this event.
- The food was ok. It wasn't bad don't get me wrong. But it was the SAME all week.......very boring indeed. I have been to all-inclusive hotels who combat this by introducing themes each night, chinese, mexican etc. not here. We went out twice for lunch and twice for dinner which we like to do anyway, but I couldnt have faced eating at the buffet another time!

I understand that Greece are in difficulty economy-wise, however you get the impression here that they really try to charge for everything they possibly can. This hotel drastically needs an update to compete with competitors. I for one wouldn't return - which is a pity, because this hotel has an excellent location going for it, but they need to up their game.

1  Thank cwkf725
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Booked this hotel with Hotels4U and thought we were having a taxi transfer from the airport. In fact we had a coach, air con poor, we had to wait for an hour for other people and then another hour on the coach dropping people off at their hotels. When on our paperwork it said 25 mins transfer?? Arrived at the hotel and first impressions were good, beautiful lavish reception area. We were on the 5th floor, lovely room with the sea view we had asked for. Food was not upto standard, poor quality meats and only 1 selection of potato. One night we didnt have any potatoes, just rice. Food not very hot and soups sometimes cold. Service for drinks was poor, had to wait ages to be asked what we wanted to drink! When I asked for a bottle of water for our meal, I was told I would have to pay for it because we were all inclusive we could only have a glass of water which was kept at the back in a jug.My husband asked to speak to the chef, he was told he was busy but someone would come and speak to us tomorrow, No one came to see us so he asked again the following night if he could speak to the chef, after a lot of excuses the chef finally came out to speak to us. We told him we had been at the hotel for over a week and we had not had any authentic greek food. He asked us what we wanted, we said we like Stifado, and he promised to cook it for us the following evening, just for the two of us. He kept to his word and we enjoyed a beautiful Stifado. The next evening the food was back to its awfullness. Thought they were cooking steak on the hot plate but it turned out to be Liver! Everyone was complaining but no one was listening. Far too many people eating in this small dining room, queues were long waiting for the food. There is an Italian and a chinese part where you can eat once in each during your stay. As we do not like Italian we only tried the chinese. Food was very tasty. Only prob was they cooked your side orders first and bought them out to you which went cold whilst you were waiting for the main meal, when we complained we were told they only had one wok? The gym and sauna were out of use being refurbished. Pool was emptied one evening and then refilled as it was quite dirty. Staff not very friendly, non of them were smiling and making us feel welcome. Hotel in a good central location, close to the old town and the new town. Luckily we met up with some fabulous people, Colin, Linda, Stephen, Pat, Sharon, Pat (AKA Thelma and Louise), Zara and Imogen, Roy and Margaret ( AKA Mr and Mrs Meldrew) we had a great laugh with these people and they really made the holiday, thank you guys we really enjoyed your company!! This is definately not a 5 star hotel, at a push I would say it was 3 star only. We were not happy.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view
2  Thank suzybutt8
Reviewed September 10, 2012

A fabulous week spent relaxing at the Grand! helpful staff,fabulous choice of food, perfect location.Within walking distance of the old town and close to the local shopping areas.A pity the fitness suite and sauna area were closed for refurbishment. we would definately return....loved the staff especially the girls in the pool bar.....morning frappes to die for!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Gillian K
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Two years running after staying at the Mitsis Grand Hotel Rhodes, I have returned to England with acute infections that will be verified by New Cross Hospital Wolverhampton. The most recent holiday in July 2012 after vomiting hotel food. I was diagnosed with Salmonella food poisoning on my return from Rhodes to England. There is no doubt that the hotel food was responsible.
To date Thomas Cook has failed to do anything about this. Clearly using delaying tactics I strongly advise those looking at this hotel to tread with caution.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank kilworth356
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Night time entertainment nil, used as a central base you won’t be disappointed, not a stop at hotel all week for us. Been twice this year so that speaks volumes. Staff were extremely helpful and a special mention to Popi in the restaurant, plus the 3 guys on the all-inclusive night time bar, not to confused with the 2 ugly sisters that were beyond description in the les miserable dept!

Room Tip: sea view a must.