“Enchanting Visit - Great People”

S. Nikolis Hotel & Apartments
Ranked #28 of 126 Hotels in Rhodes Town
Reviewed March 6, 2009

I just wanted to drop you a line to say thank you both for a very enjoyable, relaxing and memorable vacation. As I tell others about our vacation and show them the breathtaking pictures, I am constantly reminded what an enchanted place Old Rhodes is. We will always have fond memories of our visit and sincerely hope to return some day. Thank you, Sotiris and Marianne.
My wife and I had the pleasure of staying with Sotiris and Marianne for an absolutely memorable week in January, 2009. They are wonderful people with a great and rich story. They love their hotel and it shows in every fibre of the beautiful decorations and every plank, door and fixture that Sortiris has personally laid by hand. Sotiris is a true craftman and one of the hardest working men I have had the pleasure of meeting. You see, Sotiris has built the S.Nikolis himself . . . room by room . . . board by board. What an absolute gem !
As long as Sotiris and Marianne are there, my wife and I will stay no place else other than the S. Nikolis Hotel.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Leatherneck54

Reviewed March 4, 2009

We spent 5 days in Rhodes town at the St. Nikolis hotel. We found Sotiris and Marianne, the innkeepers, to be absolutely wonderful. Sotiris took us to a concert with Greek dancing and then we all went to dinner at his favorite local place. They recommended wonderful restaurants, made our arrangements to get out to Lindos (worth the trip), and took care of everything. Breakfast on the upstairs terrace is delightful. We loved our room, and had a wonderful terrace of our own overlooking the sea. It was a very special stay at a unique small hotel/inn. We loved Rhodes town, and our stay there, thanks to these warm and helpful people.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank newroads
Reviewed March 3, 2009

S. Nikolis Hotel was a definite highlight of my trip to the Greek islands. Being the first place I stayed at in Greece, I was unsure of what to expect, but from family recommendations I knew thought, that I was about to experience something amazing! From the minute my girlfriend and I stepped into the place, we were so warmly welcomed by the very insightful hostess Marianne, we felt like family. The hotel is quaint, romantic and also full of history and allows one to just relax and enjoy one of the most extraordinary old cities in the world. Its excellent location allowed us easy access to various historical sights, shops and restaurants within the old city, as well as easy exit to explore the rest of the island. I highly recommend this lovely hotel to anyone who wants to experience the old city of Rhodes. I had a most wonderful experience there and will definitely be going back.
Neil (Cape Town, South Africa)

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NeilCapeTown
Reviewed March 3, 2009

I arrived in Rhodes summer of 2007 after quitting my job. I traveled from New York to Istanbul, down to Marmaris, and onto the ferry over to Rhodos. Little did I know how enchanting and welcoming the Isle of Rhodos would be thanks to my enchanting hosts at the S Nikolis. A friend in Istanbul suggested I stay in the Old Town and gave me the Hotel's name. I am so glad I took the advise. I arrived alone on a beautiful June day, before the mass crowds were due to arrive. I was alone in Greece as I was to meet my fiancee (now wife) in Izmir a few days later.

Not having ever traveled alone before, I did not know what to expect. Marianne, Maria and the staff at the s Nikolis made me feel like an honoured guest on their stunning island. I was "New York" royalty. I spent the days on Rhodos exploring the old town, strolling the streets of Lindos, and visiting all the ancient historical sites. But I felt most at home sitting in the lobby, sipping tea, and practicing my lousy French on the guest and staff at the S. Nikolis. The manager, Marianne, interloping guests and I would wile away the hours discussing the world while I enjoyed what turned out to be one of the most memorable vacations I have ever taken. The Island's beauty and the staff's generosity are etched in my mind. I will never forget the Island's gentleness and my host's generosity as long my mind can still hold a memory.

My room was lovely, off to the side, down a quiet gentle street. The acomodations were lovely and reasonable as I enjoyed a comfy bedroom and I stashed a couple of Greek beers in my kitchenette. Marianne gave me many hints on where to go on the island, and spot on in every case. She subtly suggested I enjoy the nightlife in town versus traveling to Falaraki, advise which I did not take to my regret. I never doubted her again. I will not soon forget the longing I felt for the Island as Marianne drove me to the Ferry to leave Rhodos. I will be back and I will make my stay much longer at the S Nikolis. You should too.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled solo
1  Thank cheapsuitsnewyork
Reviewed November 3, 2007

• Stayed: September 2007
3  Thank Ready2Go2008
Reviewed July 16, 2007

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank grecianadventurer
Reviewed May 12, 2007

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank CGKRIX