All reviewssea viewold townelli beachmandraki harboursmall poolbar pricesexcellent locationopposite the beachhalf boardrestaurant managerbed linenbreakfast and dinnerthe dining room stafffifth floorchoose this hotelweek holidayair conditioning
Reviewed October 30, 2011

Stayed here for two nights in early October. Had great beach weather. Staff was very friendly and accommodating for our 9-month old son. Provided crib and extra towels and blankets. Also allowed us to check-in early as we arrived around 10 AM from the overnight ferry from Santorini. However, room was a bit outdated, had two twins pushed together rather than a true queen or king. It was clean though. Very close to the beaches, not a bad walk (15-20 minutes) to the old city. We were pleasantly surprised with the selection and quality of restaurants in the area. Missed breakfast at the hotel, but ate dinner one night. Decent buffet-style, good service. Most guests were older couples here to spend time on the beach.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank ajrcpc
Reviewed October 2, 2011

This is hotel overall rated 3 star which I think is fair as the bedrooms and bathrooms are adequate but a little dated, but these aside I would rate the hotel as 4 star. The food I would rate as 4 star, with the staff at 5 star. Book a sea view as other rooms seem to have poor outlook.
Its a 20 minute walk into the town ( we used to go via the harbour). . There are local buses which stop outside the hotel but there is a snag. The buses work in a loop system, so there are only about 5 stops coming out of the town but takes up to 1 hour to travel into the town. Its only 1 euro single however far you go. We usually walked into town and had the bus back. Best place to the catch the bus back is at pull-in across the road from the new market. A taxi costs 5 euros.
This was our first trip to Rhodes Town and we were very impressed. Try to stay away from the old town when the cruise ships are in port as you get swallowed up in the crowds. Its good to visit there in the evenings when most of the cruisers are back on board.
Would I go back and stay in this hotel? probably not because my wife and myself always like to try and go somewhere different. Would I recommend this hotel and Rhodes Town? most certainly.

Room Tip: There are 2 types of sea view rooms. One type is at the front of the hotel which has the best views across the harbour, but could be a bit noisy. The second type is at the side of the hotel. This is quieter, but they are building a block of apartments right in the middle of the view. Your choice.
8  Thank sparkeyNeath
Reviewed September 29, 2011

we have just returned from a fabulous stay, the staff in particular are 5* , nothing too much problem.
I have never stayed in a beachside hotel that does not provide beach towels so did not pack one. Although there are towels available for use around the hotel pool, there are none available to take to the beach. just something to bear in mind if you are travelling light.

The one crticism I do have is the dreadful music played during the day at the bar. The majority of visitors this week were well over 50 but the music was loud and more suitable for the younger crowd e.g. rap etc. It made relaxing around the pool very difficult.

Other than this small matter, I would recommend this great hotel to eveyone.I

2  Thank gem1662016
Reviewed September 25, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights, from 7/3-7/6/11. Room was booked early April via hotel's website. Cost was 120 euros per night for sea view room-taxes and breakfast included. We had a rental car and had no problem finding parking around the area of the hotel on the street.

Our room was #135 and looked directly to the sea and Elli Beach. Location was perfect. Could walk to Old Town and around Mandraki Harbor. The room itself was spacious and clean but tired looking. In need of a minor facelift. Expected the room to be noisy as it looked out to the beach/main road/walkway but it was very quiet and it was easy to get a good night's sleep. Bathroom was fitted with tub/shower combo. There was a hand rail in the tub for those with age and/or mobility issues. A welcome bottle of wine was waiting in the room for us-a nice extra touch. The balcony was equipped with a small table and 2 chairs. Hotel has a small pool and offers laundry services. Breakfast buffet had plenty of variety. There is a lounge and bar area. Seating outside available for lunch or snacks. Hotel staff, especially reception, were friendly and helpful with maps, directions, etc.

What we liked most about this hotel was its location. Easy to get to Old Town and all the attractions there. Beach right across the street had plenty of sun beds, a diving platform out in the sea and water sports. Since we only had 2 full days we didn't get to the beach and that is the one disappointment I had. Should have booked 4 nights instead of 3. With 2 full days we spent 1 day in Lindos and 1 day in Old Town.

We made use of the hotel's pool and laundry service and were happy with our stay here. Would recommend this property and would stay here again. Great location, good service, reasonable price.

Room Tip: We were happy with our room, #135. Great view of the sea/beach. Quiet, clean, comfy, and spacious.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank chris45ny
Reviewed September 24, 2011

The Ibiscus was a good hotel to stay in Rhodes. I would say it is wonderful if you are interested in visiting Rhodes just for the beach. If you are interested in the History of Old Town, I would recommend staying a little closer, as it is quite a walk into Old Town. It is close enough to walk, but a long one!

We were lucky and got the end room with the sea view, so our room was huge! The only downside to the room was that the bed was so hard! I literally woke up int he middle of the night several times in pain from sleeping on my side!

The breakfast buffet is huge, with a wide selection, and the host was very polite.

Overall, I enjoyed our stay at the Ibiscus.

5  Thank Kaliescu