My husband and I stayed at Hotel Andreas in May, 2011, after reading that it is one of the Lonely Planet's top picks. What attracted us initially was the fact that it is located in the heart of Rhodes' Old Town and thus had some "character" as we tend to shun hotels built to have an American feel. We were not disappointed. We chose Room #18, a lovely little room with a large, comfortable private bath just down the hall. What we liked about this particular room was that it had access to a nice balcony with stunning views of Old Town, which more than compensated for the fact that the bathroom was not ensuite. Everything was to our satisfaction: the room, the cleanliness, the service, the breakfast, free WiFi, and of course, the location. And the staff is both multi-cultural and multi-lingual, which provided a very interesting but practical dimension. But what sealed the deal for us was that when my husband was diagnosed with a medical emergency that necessitated bed rest and the quickest flight home, the staff's response was exemplary. We were allowed to stay on although we did not have reservations, a staff member accompanied us to her personal physician where she acted as both interpreter and translator, transportation was quickly arranged, I was able to use the hotel phone and computer as often as I needed it at no additional cost, and different staff members helped with the rather complicated arrangements for travel home. Their genuine concern was evident and without question their help was a major contributor to a positive medical outcome for my husband.
In short, if you are looking for a Holiday Inn type hotel, this is not the place for you. But if you are seeking location, local history and culture, ambience, service, and hospitality, you can beat Hotel Andreas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Andreas is small hotel converted from an Ottoman mansion overlooking the old town of Rhodes and the sea. We are located in a disco free, residential neighborhood. We serve breakfast on our panoramic terrace each morning. Every evening from 6-9:30 pm we light the candles in our private bar for guests only. Meet fellow travelers and a friendly international staff at the Hotel Andreas. Nous parlons Francais, Hellinika, Espanol, Italiano, Deutsch et Neerlandis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Andreas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Andreas Hotel Rhodes Town
- Hotel Andreas Rhodes, Greece