“Friendly and helpful.”

Hotel Mediterranean
Ranked #17 of 126 Hotels in Rhodes Town
Reviewed August 15, 2010

Although the hotel may be considered dated and the rooms are rather basic, the excellent staff and service make up for any short-comings. The location of the hotel just across the road from the beach and a short walk from some great restaurants and the old town make this a great place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2010
Write a ReviewReviews (1,064)

Reviewed August 14, 2010

I stayed in Mediterranean Hotel from 4th up to 14th of August.
I will mention first what i liked most.
1) If you have a sea view room, the view is perfect the sea is just across the street.
2) Nice from outside close to center 7 minutes walk from all places of center.
3) I could say it is a good Hotel, and free parking all around it. in case somebody might go with car
4) Beach is exactly across the street, croudy beach but i wouldn't say this has interupt me, because we always find a seat in the beach and also i never had confused from the crowd. It is a very big beach so there is enough room for everybody.
Let's see the negative issues:
1) Breakfast is not a 5 star Hotel...2 star maybe. SO long i stayed there the breakfast was exactly the same
2) For those who will stay in higher floors, like 3-4-5-6-, i am sorry to inform you that you might wait 4-6 minutes for this elevator!!!! everybody was complaining about it, it is only one elevator for the rooms in front and one for the back rooms....so, i can not excplain how we had to wait!!
3) Internet...charge 5 euro per hour in the room.!! I rarely find that.
4) The swimming pool ...can not be described as swimming pool, Too small and in wrong place.

In general i could say that it is a good Hotel..but not for sure for the money they charge . I know that daily it is around 160 euro. I wouldn't give more than 100 if i knew how it would be.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank klavmaster
Reviewed July 21, 2010

The Mediterranean is located at the northern tip of the island, right next to the Casino. Seaview rooms look out on the best beach in the town of Rodos. Free parking is always available at the seaside park adjacent to the hotel, a bonus in an island that offers so much to visitors who have access to a car.

The hotel is modern on the outside but traditionally furnished. Service at the reception, as well as the complimentary buffet breakfast is gracious if a bit old-fashioned.

We were very happy with our room, the view, and the quality of our accommodation, which served as a base to explore the magnificent Old City (walking distance) and the many offerings of the island (rental car).

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank EANYC
Reviewed June 22, 2010

This hotel was the fourth of our two week trip to Greece. Our flight to Rhodes was delayed 6 hours so we arrived in the evening. The front desk was not friendly at all and when I showed him our reservations thru the travel agent, he said they did not have our reservation. And of course, since it was 8:30 in the evening, the travel agency was closed. He did say he could accomodate us and would call them in the morning. Next morning I asked if everything was alright, he said yes. No apology what so ever. Most of the staff was indifferent. When my daughter went to the pool and asked for a towel, the front desk told her to use our room bath towel and they would replace it (most hotels do NOT want you to take room towels to the pool). When she was finished swimming, she asked the front desk for a fresh towel and they told her that the hotel was full and they didn't know if they could give her a fresh one! This guy was VERY rude to her. He told her he would "try". Housekeeping did come to our room with a new towel after about twenty minutes, but they wanted the "pool" towel in exchange. The pool area was a joke, one was hardly ever in the sun and it was small. I know the beach was just across the street, but not everyone wants to be in salt water and pay for a chair. I would NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone and it is definitely not even a 3 star hotel. The hallways and dining areas were not air conditioned either.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CCTraveler56
Reviewed June 6, 2010

I stayed in this hotel with colleagues beginning of may on a business trip.Originally, I was happy to hear that I would be staying at this hotel as on previous trips I had spotted the hotel on the sea front and envied those who stayed there.

I was very disappointed when I actually got to stay there. The hotel brochure claims that it is a 5*- no way! I had a room on the 1st floor looking at the back street. The room furniture were a rude wake up call from the 80's, the TV a huge old box, the towels old and falling to pieces on the edges, the armchairs' tapestry was old dirty and smelly. This place had obviously once seen better days.The room, hoewever, was spacious and the showerhead was amazingly powerful for a great shower.

Unfortuntely, my room was only cleaned on the 1st day of my stay there. On the following days, despite taking to the floor housekeeper, my room was forgotten. On the last day, while checking out, when I brought this to the attention of the receptionist, instead of apologizing, I got scolded and I was told that this was all my fault and I should have told them earlier and now it was all too late. Astonished by their attack I just handed in the keys and left.

Breakfast was good, the staff in the breakfastroom and the bar tender were extremely polite. The pool was a joke (of course you are right opposite the beach so why swim in the pool) the bulgarian waitress in the bar was rude and obnoxious, two of the many receptionists were rude and unhelpful. When all of the Greek hotels (even 3*)are turning to free wifi, the mediterranean still charges internet access.

The location of the hotel is its definite advantage. Nevertheless, for the prices quoted ( and it's not cheep!) I would opt for the Best Western or the Rhodos Park Hotel

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Ectoras_gr
Reviewed May 26, 2010

We made our booking via booking.com, a room with sea view. On the date of our arrival, I made a phonecall to the hotel to verify the reservation. They told me that everything was OK. Only 4 hours later, when we arrived and during our checking in, they informed us that unfortunately, there was no room with sea view available, without explaining why and without bothering to apologise... Instead, they offered us a room with sea view at the same price to a cooperating hotel 3 km away (!!!) or we could stay at the hotel in a standard room with a magnificient view of ..... a wall 1m away... Not even a room with a partial sea view... I am still wondering how everything was OK just 4 hours before our checking in, when I called them... Although greek myself, I am totally fed up and embarassed with greek touristic culture... We get what we deserve...

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ClarabelCrete
Reviewed April 17, 2010

I want to thank people for their reviews very helpful & truthful about this hotel
We had a view of BOTH sides of RHODES Island Both sides were great for shells and stones. Just so beautiful ! The hotel was just right for me . Good value ,wonderful helpful
staff and location = great vacation All I wanted and more!!!!!! Important to know that many services(bus) DO NOT OPEN TILL THE FIRST OF APRIL. So it was very quiet when we were there end of March

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family