I was confused by the reviews for this hotel prior to my visit. It appeared to be a hotel that you either love or hate so I was pleased to be able to visit it during the first week of October 2013 and find out the truth.
My main concern was the reports from people who booked sea view rooms were ,on arrival, given rear or side view rooms. So in order to make sure that this didn't happen to me I faxed the hotel 2 weeks prior to my arrival and received a reply confirming that my wife and I would have the sea viewroom we had ordered and paid for in March 2013. On arrival we were swiftly checked in and shown to our room. Before the porter left I pulled back the drawn curtains to admire the night sea view and was greeted with a view overlooking the back of the hotel. We immediately left the room fuming and returned to the front desk. After a big heated discussion I realised they didn't have sea view room to offer me but assured me that there would be one available the following day. They also said that this was a very unusual occurrence but as we know from Tripadvisor reports this was a lie.
The following morning we were given our sea view room at 9.15am and we were compensated very well I have to admit in terms of a generous bar credit.
After that the week went very well. The room and view were terrific, the food was good for the price, the waiters and bar staff were friendly and its location could not be faulted.
Shame they have to treat you so unprofessionally on arrival and they need to sort this problem out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the island's most privileged location, it is set in the heart of Rhodes' most popular sandy beach near the Aquarium, minutes away from Rhodes city, next to the Casino and a small distance from the Medieval City, Castle of the Knights and Ancient Ruins. Perfectly positioned, it is one of the very few hotels of the island that combines the benefit of proximity to Rhodes town, for those who seek to take advantage of the city life or explore the attractions of the Medieval town, with the comforts and all round hospitality provided by a first class hotel on the beach front. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Booking.com and Despegar.com so you can book your Hotel Mediterranean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mediterranean Hotel Rhodes Town
- Mediterranean Rhodes Town
- Hotel Mediterranean Rhodes, Greece